Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

I want to get into nitro ST's but now Im stuck.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here
View Poll Results: A poll
XXX-NT
20.00%
Rc10GT
80.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

I want to get into nitro ST's but now Im stuck.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 06:00 PM
capone12
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I want to get into nitro ST's but now Im stuck.

I have a brushless elec. rustler so Im used to the speed of rc. I would like to get a nitro ST if I can as it being a goal for me and something to save my money up for: a XXX-NT or a RC10GT. Once again its a AE vs losi fight (just like in elect. t4 vs xxx-t [8D])and the review was good for the xxx-nt here on rcu magazine. But Ive also heard a bunch of good things about the GT as it being more of a basher and the losi more of a racer. Its funny because this is the exact same thing for electric. I will most likely not race but its not like I go out my way to find the biggest jump near me and take it 100 times. Just incase it matters, I have never broken a part on my rustler so I guess you can say I treat my rc nicely. The main complaint that I have read about the XXX-nt is the weak A-arms but that doesnt look like too much of a problem. Thanks in advance. So which one do you think would be better for a beginner nitro st?
Old 07-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Tricksligger

Default RE: I want to get into nitro ST's but now Im stuck.

Dont listen to the haters. Go JATO!! You wont regret it. Or dont I dont care.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
peed

if i would be in your possision i would get a jato

well, i would get the xxx because its includes a cool engine, awesome radio and because its losi, i now the rc19 its cool too, but i prefer the xxx-nt
Old 07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
badz

Get a Jato...`nuff said
Old 07-12-2005, 06:18 PM
A.B.U

I'd go Jato too, but in this case since you want one of those two, I'd get a XXX-NT. It also comes with a really good radio, and it's faster than the RC10GT.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:22 PM
ICrashThings

For a begginer nitro GT all the way. Even the losi guys have to admit its the only ST built for new people. I mean come on, its open to work on, the engine is a great start engine, AE is a company thats been around for awhile...plus the GT is alot more durable and more bash worthy then a losi xxx-nt. So just incase u do a few kart wheels you most likely wont break anything. Also, it handles great, and if you want more upgrades they have them all over the place because the RC10GT is well known everywhere. Also, part avalability is thrown up there.

Now im not saying dont get the xxx-nt, but just for a begginer nitro backyard basher the RC10GT is the truck that sounds like something you are looking for. Also if you want to race and bash, its a bi truck, it can go both ways.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:25 PM
capone12

Just to make sure Im on the same page with everyone, I am talking about the XXX-nt Sport RTR/XXX-NT Sport RTR II or whatever the name of the thing rcu reviewed.

I would get a Jato but its just too expensive. I know the losi is up there with price but the jato just isnt an option right now.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
ICrashThings

ORIGINAL: capone12

Just to make sure Im on the same page with everyone, I am talking about the XXX-nt Sport RTR/XXX-NT Sport RTR II or whatever the name of the thing rcu reviewed.

I would get a Jato but its just too expensive. I know the losi is up there with price but the jato just isnt an option right now.
Actually taking a few minutes to think back when i first had my first nitro, it doesnt matter what you pick...the neighbors get mad either way... [sm=bananahead.gif]
Old 07-12-2005, 06:28 PM
A.B.U

I was talking about that, I'd get it, it's a very fine truck indeed, like I said earlier too, very nice radio included with it.
Here it is, btw: [link=http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA0887]Losi XXX-NT[/link]
Old 07-12-2005, 08:17 PM
EdsWords

You cant go wrong with proven trucks like the XXXNT or RC10GT.

Overall, I would also give the edge to the Losi. The XXXNT RTR will perform better, it comes with a decent radio equipment, and it's $10 less expensive than the Jato (when comparing list prices).
Old 07-13-2005, 06:50 AM
gerwen

Losi comes with a radio far superior to any other rtr on the market. If you don't already have a computer radio, get the losi. If you do have a computer radio, get the RC10gt or the losi.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:49 AM
The_Collector

I'd go with the AE for the parts support.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:56 AM
losixxx-nt

i have broke my fare share of parts on my xxx-nt its not a very good basher but if you did want to race get it otherwise get the gt is a good basher
Old 07-13-2005, 12:16 PM
capone12

ok so it looks like the GT is going to easily win this battle. But what about the xtm xcellerator (sp?)? It looks like a great truck but by the looks of it, this thread might turn into a jato vs xtm fight again. So with the jato not even in consideration, how does the xcellerator compare against the GT and the xxx-nt? 50mph out of the box seems kinda fast, almost too fast. I havent read anything bad about the xtm in the few reviews of it that I have read so it does look kinda cool and now tower is starting to sell xtm products and it is pretty cheap.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:59 PM
RC Prodigy

The X-Cellerator is one of the fastest STs out there, apart from the Menace and the Jato. The reason the Jato is faster than the X-Cellerator is because it has a two speed transmission, which is almost a bad thing if you are gonna be bashing. The X-C is great for beginners, the engines are very easy to tune, and it can be easily worked on. If you get the RTR you need to get a glowstarter, fuel bottle, batteries and some fuel but then you'll be ready to go. A good addition to your tool box (if you don't already have them) a full set of SAE hex drivers. The handled ones come in real handy when you are changing simple things like radio crystals and batteries.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:58 PM
A.B.U

ORIGINAL: RC Prodigy

The X-Cellerator is one of the fastest STs out there, apart from the Menace and the Jato. The reason the Jato is faster than the X-Cellerator is because it has a two speed transmission, which is almost a bad thing if you are gonna be bashing. The X-C is great for beginners, the engines are very easy to tune, and it can be easily worked on. If you get the RTR you need to get a glowstarter, fuel bottle, batteries and some fuel but then you'll be ready to go. A good addition to your tool box (if you don't already have them) a full set of SAE hex drivers. The handled ones come in real handy when you are changing simple things like radio crystals and batteries.
*cough* And the N-Rustler.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:12 PM
ICrashThings

ok so it looks like the GT is going to easily win this battle. But what about the xtm xcellerator (sp?)? It looks like a great truck but by the looks of it, this thread might turn into a jato vs xtm fight again. So with the jato not even in consideration, how does the xcellerator compare against the GT and the xxx-nt? 50mph out of the box seems kinda fast, almost too fast. I havent read anything bad about the xtm in the few reviews of it that I have read so it does look kinda cool and now tower is starting to sell xtm products and it is pretty cheap.
X-C is actually a decent truck overall. And ever since tower started to sell parts for it its become very popular. I guess that would be a good begginer truck, the engine is pretty nice, i heard its easy to tune. Plus its really cheap(in price).