Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

comments on Tower Hobbies ST-15 nitro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

comments on Tower Hobbies ST-15 nitro

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:33 PM
gstanfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default comments on Tower Hobbies ST-15 nitro

Hi,
I am new to the nitro trucks and want a nitro just for playing around at the park mostly. It will rarely be jumped, and very small jumps even at that. I just want a little nitro truck to blast around the parking lot at work, race up and down the alley behind the house, and to chase my dog at the park. I have been browsing around and saw that the ST-15 offered by Tower hobbies is a cheap truck and has a few aftermarket accessories for it, but not much. I am wondering if this truck would be a good buy for my light duty use, or is it really necessary to spend the big bucks on the nicer trucks considering I will never beracing it on tha track, just blasting around the neighborhood. I appreciate any input and suggestions.

Thanks,
George
Old 07-12-2005, 08:02 PM
peed

Default RE: comments on Tower Hobbies ST-15 nitro

dont get that car man, you can get a better one, you could get a better car for that money, or maybe a lttle more.....
Old 07-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Kemo

Hah, You should see the ST15 i have heavily modded. RC10GT arms, racing shocks, 2 speed tranny, and more. Bone stock, the truck sucks, but after modding it with the parts I used, killer truck. Performs really well!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:11 PM
A.B.U

No man, I would never buy that. For 20 dollars more, you can get a pretty good truck, like this [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJH00**&P=7]Nitro Sport SE[/link]
Old 07-12-2005, 08:20 PM
peed

true, it look like a piece of junk!
Old 07-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Kemo

amazing how a lot of you know little at all. Dont judge something you have never seen nor driven... lets just say with out first hand experience. The Nitro Sport is just a rustler with more problems, been there, tested that truck.
Old 07-12-2005, 08:45 PM
peed

it maybe good, but i dont like it, thats it.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:17 PM
The_Collector

I had one of these for a little while. For light duty use, they're fine. I bought mine used, and the stock engine was toast, so I don't know about that part of it. I put an HPI .12 on it, fixed it up and sold it.
Upon initial release, they had a block casting issue with the engine. I believe that problem was rectified when they started installing a better engine (which, by the way, looks alot like an O.S.) a couple years later.
Tower has a good deal on them.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Kemo

It is a truck with nearly endless modification options. It has more hopups than you'd think. We found them out from throwing on random truck parts, and if they fit, we went with it.
Old 07-12-2005, 09:29 PM
badz
My Feedback: (1)

it's a rather decent rc for the price...i know a few people got them and it's stronger than the evader and xtm xcell....don't listen to the bash everything except what they own boys on here cause they hate every rc made...their losers and love bashing people for what they can't afford. For the type of use your gonna do it'd last you as long as any other nitro st but save you about $100-$150
Old 07-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Kemo

with all the mods we have on it now, its almost pushing 55 mph on the radar, its currently peaking out at 53 with an HPI .15 SS engine
Old 07-12-2005, 10:13 PM
gstanfield

I do have a question for RCcars411, what is it about the Nitro Sport SE that you don't like? I was looking at it as well as the price is close to the same, but I couldn't really see any benefits from the description pages, but then again I don't know a lot about these things. I also do not really care about the opinion of people who have never driven or owned the truck, as it's kinda of hard to tell how god something is wihout running it. I do appreciate the input from people who have had expereince with this one though.

Thanks,
George
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM
gstanfield

Well, I've had it for two days now, put 7 tanks of gas thorugh it, and I'll say I am impressed with this thing, especially for the money. I know it may not be the fastest thing out there, or a good race truck, but it is fun to play with and will run a lot faster than I thought. The little thing is pretty tough as well, I have accidentaly jumped it pretty big a few times, and once landed dead upside down, and so far I have bent the rear shock towers a tad, but it only took about 2 minutes to remove the shock and straighten back out. I have now ordered the two speed tranny, all the different gears and a full bearing set along with a few more aftermarket goodies, man the bug hits hard when it hits doesn't it?

Thanks for the input,
George
Old 07-21-2005, 08:18 PM
GoldenPoint

xcelerator 46 out of the box....$230
Old 07-22-2005, 12:49 AM
yoster

ORIGINAL: TrxJato

No man, I would never buy that. For 20 dollars more, you can get a pretty good truck, like this [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJH00**&P=7]Nitro Sport SE[/link]

But look at what else it requires. Another 30 or so just to make it run (starter battery, this and that). The ST-15 is more of a "RTR" kit.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:39 PM
white_mexican5
Banned

I have also been wondering if i should get the Nitro St-15. I have an electric truck but i have never operated a ntro. Out of all the reviews ive read though it seems like a great begginers truck. i know it needs sum ball bearings and better tires+wheels. But looking at the Nitro Sport SE i think the ST-15 is way better. Well im only a teen so i dont have that much cash so i was wondering what people who have now or have had in the past a Nitro St-15 think about it.

THX!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
slipknot
My Feedback: (5)

white_mexican5 The st-15 is a good begenners truck, its not too fast, ur gonna want some new wheels and tires for it tho, the st-15 prebuilt costs 100 bucks.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
gstanfield

The nice thing about it that you can make it go fast if you want to at a later date. For top speed blasting the two speed tranny is good, but I am taking it back out of mine and running the single speed again for better low end response. After tires go on it the best things I did to mine were the tuned pipe (awsome improvement) and the motor saver air filter. there is an "official" post somewhere here for this truck with some good tips on it. If you have any specifics, ask away and I'll try to answer them as soon as I can.

George
Old 01-11-2006, 08:37 PM
white_mexican5
Banned

What does the prebuilt come with for the Nitro St-15?[&:]
Old 01-12-2006, 08:53 PM
sport10

Do yourself a favor and look at the RC10GT RTR. It comes with a decent motor (I know its not the fastest but easy to run) and the Factory Team Chassis. It has endless upgrade possibilities and can compete at the highest level of competition in the right hands. It is also a capable basher and holds up well to abuse.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:12 PM
Nitro Rustler Racer

ORIGINAL: GoldenPoint

xcelerator 46 out of the box....$230
46 my ass....
Old 01-12-2006, 09:56 PM
slipknot
My Feedback: (5)

the x-cell probily goes like 35 mph.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 AM
smokingcrater

ORIGINAL: sport10

Do yourself a favor and look at the RC10GT RTR. It comes with a decent motor (I know its not the fastest but easy to run) and the Factory Team Chassis. It has endless upgrade possibilities and can compete at the highest level of competition in the right hands. It is also a capable basher and holds up well to abuse.
also a $100 more then the st-15...

anyway, i've had the st-15 about a year now. the thing is UNBREAKABLE! I've hit curbs at full throttle (before the failsafe, oops!), and have done no damage that wasn't easily repairable. (transmission brace broke off, easy fix, just screw it down where is SHOULD be, instead of where tower put it) I've since upgraded to an os .18 engine, perfect match for that truck.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Kemo

The options of this truck are endless. You CAN put a LOT of RPM plastic on this beast, as long as you do the RC10GT conversion (throw the parts on it we specified in the official st 15 forum).

But, its sad to say that the terrible HPI engine we had in ours has indeed... failed yet again like the other hpi .15 engines. Next step up for my buddy, the owner of the st-15, may just be 1/5 buggy. similar to what I am getting this spring.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:05 PM
white_mexican5
Banned

still no one has told me what the heck the prebuilt comes with! i know it has way less stuff than the RTR but does it have the engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.