Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 401 of 406 FirstFirst ... 301351391399400401402403 ... LastLast
Results 10,001 to 10,025 of 10127

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Official Nitro Evader ST Thread v2.0

any pictures to show exactly what you mean? mine just throttles and never ever came close to wheelie. should i just replace the bushing?
    ORIGINAL: Dyehard

My Evader started out as a BX, I have converted everything on it to an ST except the shock towers and the body, I still like the buggy body better. At this point I gues you would call it a BT. My son has a stock ST, every since day one it would wheelie in a hearbeat. My converted truck would never wheelie. I broke a maingear between the hole the balls are in, I changed it to the aluminum gear and put in carbide balls. After the repair, I tightened up the diff pretty tight, it still wouldn't wheelie. After running the truck all summer we finally had a catastrofic failure in the DTX 18. It was replaced with an OS CV-RX. It still wouldn't wheelie. The truck started over reving the engine in pull outs, so first the clutch shoes, then the clutch bell were replace. The engine quit over reving for a couple tanks, during which time it actually did a couple of mild wheelies, nothing radicle, then the slipping started again. Last Sunday my grandson was running the truck and all of a sudden it came to a stop, with the slipper slipping freely. The brass insert in the outer half of the slipper had worn in to the point that the brass washer that bears on it was pushing up against the step in the imput shaft! I had checked the slipper several times and never notices any thing out of the ordinary. My solution was to drill the center of the brass washer until it was large enough to go over the step in the shaft. The brass insert has a hole that large anyway and only the outer part of the brass washer pushes on it. After that small modification, it was a changed truck. Everytime you nail the throttle, the truck will stand up on the battery holder. Just goes to show how a small thing can totally kill performance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds to me like the slipper was set toooooooo loose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you have part #'s for these upgrades? i have the stock CB and the 56T sput gear. thanks
    ORIGINAL: jkoch

Oh yeah, I forgot to say I put on a dynotech CB, 24T TC3 pinion with the BX 56T spur, along with the awesome torque of the .18 cv-rx, This thing is crazy fast now. I wouldn't doubt 60+ mph speeds. I need to get a radar gun.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you using the 9397 spur gear, plastic one? also, what brand and/or part # clutch bell you using? i have the 56T spur gear and stock clutch bell 15T but need more speed. thanks
    ORIGINAL: Shmeal

Yeah, my evader is pretty much done now. TNT modded .18tz with a rb x12 turbo pipe. The pipe makes a HUGE difference in performance.....and it sounds alot better too. This thing is terrifying, I can top out in a very small parking lot with a 26tooth clutch bell and a 56tooth spur.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

these will work right?

http://dynotech-racing.com/partDetail.php?RefNum=8050
    http://dynotech-racing.com/partDetail.php?RefNum=8051
    http://dynotech-racing.com/partDetail.php?RefNum=8052

also, along with my other posts. what are the part #'s of aftermarket clutch shoes people are using besides the 2 shoe on Tower Hobbies Traxxas one? thanks

ORIGINAL: thecatofulthar

This will be my next upgrade for my evader.

http://dynotech-racing.com/partDetail.php?RefNum=2999-5
    http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Red-Nitro-TC3

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im just using the two shoe traxxas one, i havint seen any reason for using anything else unless your racing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so i have come to the realisation that the evader is light in the frontend and dosnt like to turn.... what should i add to the front to weigh it down??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Replace the front springs with the next ones up the hardness scale, I think they are the green ones, leave the back ones stock & your turning will improve dramatically. That's how I set mine up when I used to race it. You also want the arms flat (Horizontal) when sitting on the bench.
    The answer is always more power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i don't have the stock front shocks im running rears on the front and some really stiff rear shocks... but i got no springs to replace any of the suspension until later today

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

NEED HELP! any company make a steel or aluminum spur gear? part # (s) if so, thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steeda50: As far as the metal spur gear best thing i can say is stalk ebay for awhile looking for one, i don't know of any company that sells them for the evader right off hand. Id had one before and if your setup isn't done right you'll eat it and your clutch bell teeth.

sk8freak123: best tips i can give you are, add weight to the front of your evader like relocate your battery pack to the front or get some stick on wheel weights. Also adjusting your front suspension so it sits lower than the rear, its how mine is set up and that by its self works great for me. I also run green springs front and rear, so unless i give it full throttle the front stays down however I've got a OS 18 on mine thats fully tuned and hates to stay down it pulls wheelies so hard it will flip over, i will try to get a video up soon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sydwys

i will be parting out a st on ebay soon..its a roller with no radio or servos..look for it in the duratrax section. the transmission is complete and ready to go.

Rick
    Converted Nitro BX to Nitro ST
    Evader EXT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

where do you get that blue piece coming off the exhaust and what's it called? thank

ORIGINAL: chriswebb70

It's finally finished....
    I undertook a project: to make my Evader ST look totally different into a silver-blue-black theme. It also had to be "converted" to on-road use, since there aren't many suitable off-road places anywhere near here.

Below is the picture of the finished product. All the black A-arms, hub carriers, shock towers, and bulkheads have been painted aluminum. The chassis was soaked in oven cleaner and its blue finish was wiped away. Added were some HPI 5 star black rims, Duratrax Street Trac tires, and a Traxxas exhaust coupler and exhaust deflector. Engine is (still) an OS .18 CV-RX. Still no body yet, but I'm workin' on it. Maybe next month.

Thanks, everyone, for all the advice posted. This really is a great forum; lots of great ideas and tips.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: steeda50

where do you get that blue piece coming off the exhaust and what's it called?* thank

ORIGINAL: chriswebb70

It's finally finished....
    I undertook a project: to make my Evader ST look totally different into a silver-blue-black theme. It also had to be ''converted'' to on-road use, since there aren't many suitable off-road places anywhere near here.

Below is the picture of the finished product. All the black A-arms, hub carriers, shock towers, and bulkheads have been painted aluminum. The chassis was soaked in oven cleaner and its blue finish was wiped away. Added were some HPI 5 star black rims, Duratrax Street Trac tires, and a Traxxas exhaust coupler and exhaust deflector. Engine is (still) an OS .18 CV-RX. Still no body yet, but I'm workin' on it. Maybe next month.

Thanks, everyone, for all the advice posted. This really is a great forum; lots of great ideas and tips.

i didnt see te picture but i think your talking about a exhaust deflector maby
    Nitro evader st, maximum mt stretch and yes i did make a limo out of a nitro car, about to put a .15 in it. it needs a body

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is the picture he's talking about and yeah just an exhaust deflector, you can get them anywhere i just use a piece of blue silicone hose that is big enough to slip on.

{akamaiimageforum}/upfiles/265892/Qo39394.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

O.K. what is the point or function of the thrust balls and thrust ball holder? took my diff apart the other day to check bearings and gears, aluminum ones, and noticed that the thrustballs wereshot and thethrust ball holderwas toast but everything else was fine. SOOOOOO, do i really need those parts?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does anyone know what mods you have to do to drop a os .18 motor in a evader bx

thanks

Rick
    Evader EXT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you have the part#, how many teeth spur gear you get? thanks

ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

Since Ive looked all over the market for a metal spur for my evader I just gave up and got the Robinson Racing spur gear with clutch bell it worked great for me and Ive had no problems!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

its a 56 tooth spur gear..the tranny is complete with anadozied blue brake hub..tranny has just been re done..

Rick
    Evader EXT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you have the part # please? thanks

ORIGINAL: RickMartin

its a 56 tooth spur gear..the tranny is complete with anadozied blue brake hub..tranny has just been re done..

Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What rims will work for the evader... but i want to change the rear from pin style to hex style.... i obviously need the free rolling front wheels.... and i'd like them to match lol....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can anyone tell me the pros an cons on the diff mod... im tired of having to rebuild the diff 4 or 5 times in a month... and i only bash my truck... and if i do decide to do it what do i need to do it and where do i drill holes??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if your having to rebuild that often your doing somthing wrong, anyway pro of diff mod is full locked con is full locked you'll have to rely on your slipper more or you'll be eating the spur and tranny gears like their candy.
    I personaly would say make sure your slipper and diff are setup right ive only gotta redo mine every six months to a year and i run atleast 30 mins 5 days a week, and thats with a fully tuned os 18. main thing i gotta do is check my slipper every couple runs to make sure its not auto tightening locktight helps but doesint always fix it.

oh and make sure the spring on your clutch isint gone

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ill be replacing the clutch and the thrust bearings and the slipper pad tmrw