My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jato a piece of you know what

ooops, didn't catch that..
Old 08-13-2005, 03:42 PM
derekxec

thats what happens when people dont read before they post....

if you are breaking the needles then you are turning too hard or something (i dont see why though cause i can wrench the needles on my xtm .18 and not break them)

make sure every screw on the engine is tight especially the cooling head ones! and then try if that doesnt work set it back to factory and if it doesnt start up then lean the hsn out 1/12 turn till you can get it started...
Old 08-13-2005, 03:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

i just flat out can't imagine breakin a carb needle
Old 08-13-2005, 03:59 PM
derekxec

ive never done it and i dont know anyone who has he must be doing something stupid
Old 08-13-2005, 04:50 PM
A.B.U

Hmmm...n00b's and their attmept at tuning.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:19 PM
JoeBurgarino

shut up you were all noobs once
Old 08-13-2005, 06:40 PM
PillowPants

Oh please guys... Calling eachother noobs... what are you guys, five? Whenever someone calls someone a "noob" in an online forum the first thing that comes to mind is a 36 year old man living in his parent's garage with a disco ball hanging from the ceiling.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:48 PM
thestratcat

ORIGINAL: TheHamburglar

Oh please guys... Calling eachother noobs... what are you guys, five? Whenever someone calls someone a "noob" in an online forum the first thing that comes to mind is a 36 year old man living in his parent's garage with a disco ball hanging from the ceiling.
and what's wrong with a disco ball hanging from the ceiling? [:@]

ORIGINAL: derekxec

thats what happens when people dont read before they post....

if
hmm, you obviously didn't bother to read my prior posts where I offered help did you?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:56 PM
PillowPants

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

please tell me your kidding...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:14 PM
thestratcat

ORIGINAL: thestratcat

please tell me your kidding...
I'm kidding.....

(now, did I tell you the truth? or not?)
Old 08-13-2005, 07:17 PM
derekxec

but you didnt bother reading all of the posts
Old 08-13-2005, 07:44 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Rather than stretching this thread from here to eternity with bashing and insults why don't those of you not interested in helping leave this guy alone and let the rest of us try to help him. Why waste everyone's time and RCU's database space?

I realize that the topic invites bashing and retort, but that has been thoroughly covered already, so lets focus on trying to help him please.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:10 PM
JoeBurgarino

thank you, i finally got it running after i screwed around with it for 4 hours and 35 minutes today, it runs rough but its a start
Old 08-13-2005, 10:49 PM
A.B.U

Well, the Jato isn't a POS, but maybe you had a faulty engine.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:49 PM
tommythecat
My Feedback: (2)

Your on the right track now. My first nitro was also a trx 2.5 only it was in a t-maxx. I had very similar problems, but got them worked out and then found new problems, created new problems, fixed then and on and on...

That is what nitro RC is all about.

In the future, come here asking for help right away when you have issues, but be very careful not to bash products. These RC guys are very product loyal and like to lash out at anyone who they feel steps out of line.

Most of the fun in nitro is the satisfaction that comes from working through these problems. You will see...

Just be patient and know that you will have more problems in the future, trust me. Just come in here and post them and wait for some potential answers. There are a bunch of guys who frequent this forum who are absolute experts and are very willing to help anyone who comes to them respectfully asking for help. (note I am not one of them, I am relatively new to nitro, I've driven quite a few, but only owned two and only ever worked on two engine, but the trx 2.5 happens to be the one I have over 14 gallons through at this point)

Now that you have it running, it is time to start figuring out why it is running rough.

You went through the break in already, but it never hurts to be patient. Go through it again. Leave it at factory settings. Keep in mind that these settings are very very rich and you may need to keep on the throttle a little to keep it running when set at factory settings.

Go through the break in again, I know it sounds crazy but it can't hurt.

If your having a bunch of problems keeping it running, try turning the idle up (idle screw in) a bit. Just enough so it will idle for you at least most of the time.

once you get through the break-in:

lean the high speed needle 1/8 turn and see if it runs more consistently now

run it for quite a while between adjustments. Never tweak the needlse a lot, just a touch will do, anything more will only end up causing you trouble.

When tuning tweak 1/8-1/16 of a turn at a time and run it around a good bit between adjustments.

Tune the high speed needle until it runs decent then you can use the pinch test as described on your traxxas dvd to tune the low speed needle. I tune the lsn by feel but using the pinch test is probably the best way to start until you get comfortable with your engine.

If you are having problems getting it running good, don't waste time or get frustrated trying to tune it just carefully remember the problems you are having and post back here.

There are lots of issues other than tuning that can cause problems, and we can help you figure them out.

Question: Does the JATO come with a fuel filter built into the tank? If not, get a fuel filter ASAP, a little dirt can make tuning a nightmare.

Be patient, have fun, if you have any questions post here, before you get frustrated. If you do get frustrated, step away from the RC, and post here. Do not tune frustrated, as you alreayd know from your carb body issues it is a good way to end up breaking things.

Another note: Nitro RC is all about tinkering, if you don't like to tinker and work on your RC, it may not be for you. But if you like tinkering and enjoy the results you will fall in love with the hobby.

I've learned tuning the TRX 2.5 in and out, if you have any questions and don't want to deal with the rabble private message me.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:08 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

OMG you couldn't be further off.
i'm 24, and i'm living in my mom's BASEMENT. and no disco ball, just strobe lights, GEEZ man what's wrong with you? like anybody would actually do that.

of course, i'm kidding.

we don't have basements in memphis
Old 08-14-2005, 03:20 AM
TerraCrushing

36 and living with mom n pops garage with a disco ball,,nope im 28 married but we do have mirros on the ceiling tho lol
Old 08-14-2005, 03:21 AM
TerraCrushing

o anyway glad you got it running but patience grasshopper,,my first nitro was a nitro hawk i didnt give up on it and finally got it running as good as it would run
Old 08-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Combatcm
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: JoeBurgarino

shut up you were all noobs once

In 1998, I emailed traxxas asking them what gear was the pinion and which one was the spur, I even had the manual. I am man enough to admit it.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:23 AM
dalolyn
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all were noobs once, I was to, but most of us have enough common since to read the manual, And any of the thousand of articles about RC engines.I suppose when its your hard earned money going into this hobby you might want to learn most of what there is to know. I don't understand within an hour or two of reading most people will know the same Info on RC engines as the 20 year experienced pro. Trouble shooting is all about this hobby. If you don't even know the basics then, whats the point? The dudes at the hobby shop may or my not know anything. My point is the Information is out there Quit whining, read and learn. and don't misinterpret lack of education as "A piece of junk"
Old 08-14-2005, 03:52 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

what he said!!!
Old 08-14-2005, 07:04 PM
46u

ORIGINAL: Tricksligger

Your the first un-happy Jato owner Ive heard from. I belong to about 4 r/c forums and everyone loves thier Jato, including me. You may of got a bad seed I dont deny that. But I keep hearing stuuf in this thread like" dont buy cause of hype" and "glad I didnt get a Jato". Sillyness!!! If every truck that had problems meant the whole model was junk than youd have to throw in every r/c truck ever made into the junk list. The TRX2.5 is a hard engine to tune due to the fact the lsn is very picky and many newbs dont adjust the lsn(Im not saying you in peticular)

All I can say is take the engine apart and see if theres a problem. Cause once you get it running it is a insanely durable, ballistic, high flying machine. I do stuff with my Jato that Revo owners wouldnt dare to do. As soon as I get my ebay digi camcorder you will see what I mean.
You most not have read much of this form as I have heard more then one person on this form dislike the Jato as well as on other forms. True I cannot say if it is the vehicle or the person tuning or driving it. I have all so heard a lot about the engines and some are very good engines but I have all so read it is a toss of a coin weather you get a good one or a bad one. I have all so read a lot of how poor the Traxxas radios are. Sorry until Traxxas makes kits with out engines and radios I will never buy one. But if others are happy with it great.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:02 PM
*_Torque_*

well first of all man you aint takn it to the right people cuz any professional any TRUE professional wouldnt jus say it doesnt work so that might be part of the prob but im not sayn u dont have nething wrong though, but all ive heard from the jato was that it was amazing
Old 08-14-2005, 08:29 PM
46u

It sure would be easier to under stand what people where saying if they tried spell check our used words spell check then cut and past. It is not that hard and does not take that long. [8D]
Old 08-14-2005, 08:35 PM
*_Torque_*

well first of all this isnt english class so chill dang man it the forums[:@]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.