Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato Strength

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 04:22 PM
Pconn5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato Strength

Anyone who owns the JATO, how strong is it? How good is it for backyard bashing? can u take it off big jumps and not break alot? i want a real fast backyard basher and want the JATO but don't know how strong it is and how well it can handle crashes.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:36 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Jato Strength

The Jato is NOT a bashed!
Old 11-12-2005, 06:32 PM
bigmike882

I would DEFINATELY have to DISAGREE with gtracer. The jato makes a very good basher. gtracer, you dont even have a jato yet lol, a lot of ppl think its just a speed demon, but its strong as crap. I jump large jumps, crash it, everything, and have only broken a rear shock tower. The electroncs went bad in it, but those should be replaced from the get go. Jato = a fast basher.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:34 PM
d2cs2mdw
Banned

Just from the design and look's of a Jato, it doe's not look like a basher, so far I havent seen anyone use it as a basher and I think it's pointless really...
Old 11-12-2005, 07:56 PM
Pconn5

If i was just going to drive a car around my backyard but want speed and bash ability what would u recommend? it needs to be in the same price range as the JATO.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:48 PM
RAGE 5

pconn i have a jato and agree completely with bigmike it has the speed power and durability now if you are willing to spend more i would get the revo because of 4-wheeldrive and it is bigger and easier driving. however if you do get a jato (which i reccomend if you do not get the revo) you will need aftermarket tires right away. i would check and see what your lhs has but if that fails get your tires and wheels from tower hobbies
just my tidbit
Ben
Old 11-12-2005, 09:58 PM
bigmike882

I dont really think its pointless to buy a jato if you want to bash a lot gtracer b/c maybe he will bash most of the time but when it comes when one of his buddy's wants to race him down the road or something, the jato will leave most of the cars in the dust. Basically what I am saying is that it gives you more than one choice of how to have fun with your car, you can have fun bashing it and have the fun of a fast drag race up and down the road.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:41 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

You will be happy with a Jato. It is strong and fast for sure!

gtracer - how can you comment on the Jato and give advice. You don't have one yet...Right??? You are on here asking more questions about Jato's than anyone. Looking at a design does not mean anything. I have beat the crap out of my Jato.
Old 11-12-2005, 11:01 PM
crazyjr

I have a Jato and it is very durable. I've beat, banged, rolled and flipped it and only broke a suspension arm(my fault)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:50 AM
d2cs2mdw
Banned

Your right I dont have the Jato yet...but from what I have seen it is made for speed, if you want something to bash on then by a savage or a tmaxx, something that is made for bashing...You have to look at it from my prospective, I'm a speed freak lol
Old 11-13-2005, 02:00 AM
CarTireDragbike

I also have a Jato. It is my first real RC car and very durable. Been cartwheeled at high speed jumped and landed on it's roof, nose, tail, and on all 4 wheels hard. I have just over a gallon of fuel threw it now and only have had one problem due to crashing into to many inmovable object's equaling a new turnbuckel, all my fault still not the best driver. Buy the Jato. If that is your price range.

ORIGINAL: crazyjr

I have a Jato and it is very durable. I've beat, banged, rolled and flipped it and only broke a suspension arm(my fault)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97762.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	353371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30957.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	353372  
Old 11-13-2005, 02:43 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

gtracer - so just because something is fast means that you can not have fun with it? I don't get your point. I think the Jato is a great bash on Saturday/Race on Sunday truck. It can do both. Also if you can not bash with a fast Stadium Truck...what have people been doing with Rustlers all these years? Yes the Jato is faster, but same point.

Again for the origional question...for a stadium truck the Jato is very durable and it has a power to weight ratio that just screams drive me hard and fast. Plus the most suspension travel of any ST out there.
Old 11-13-2005, 08:55 AM
Pconn5

Thanks for all the replies. i think im going to get the JATO but don't know when. When i do get it i will tell you how it goes.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:46 AM
d2cs2mdw
Banned

Keep us posted!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:51 AM
**MilkMachine**

ORIGINAL: Pconn5

If i was just going to drive a car around my backyard but want speed and bash ability what would u recommend? it needs to be in the same price range as the JATO.
If you want a true kick ass basher. get a monster truck. My first gas car was all for bashing. I just wanted to hit these huge ramps, do donuts and storm through my backyard at 45 mph. I wanted it all. So I saw the Nitro Rustler. I thought it was so kool, but it was flimsy and coulding take my bashing ability! hehe.

So I decided to get a T-Maxx. And man it was 400 times better, it is fast as hell. And it took 15 foot jumps without thinking. It is amazing. And the 2 speed brought it up to unbearable speed. Go with a monster truck, not a stadium truck. Monster trucks are true bashers. If you want to spend the extra buck get a savage. They are indestructable. And fast and fureous! You wont be disapointed!

Have fun!
Old 04-20-2006, 08:15 PM
2fastjato

I own a jato and the only thing that breaks when I jump it is the rear shock tower I backflip it all the time and as long as u land it flat it will be fine>
Old 04-21-2006, 05:58 AM
jato/xxx-nt
My Feedback: (1)

the one thign you may wnat to do. is get the red aluminum turnbuckls for it. and some rpm a arms. or somthign strong. and a futuba steering servo. them are the only parts that i know of that go easy. atleast that is what i have broke on mine. just form jumping my little kicker ramp..lol good luck with it though
Old 04-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Revten

i got a jato and a savage 25,and well i got a gt, jato has been jumped, end over ended, at high speeds, attacked by my dog who weighs 170, only thing i broke was a cheap ass imex pluto wheel and of coarse bite marks on the body, he cant catch it since i put the dirt hawgs on....ha ha

but for bashing i give the award for the stock savage with a pipe. 4x4 big block with reallly low gear is insane, no squirels can escape this thing, so i guess buy a jato then a monster truck, got a great deal on savage on ebay ,guy didnt realize the carb was clogged and sold it cheap, try finding someone getting out of rc
Old 04-22-2006, 01:13 PM
jato/xxx-nt
My Feedback: (1)

your dog weighs 170lbs?? that is kind of hard to believe. what kind is it.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:15 PM
475kyle475

id say go with the mt2...its in your price range, and has 4wd
Old 04-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Revten

i thought about getting the mt2 myself but it came down to wanting a 2 spd trans, plus im not a big fan of purple...

yeah the dog is a monster, he might have lost a few pounds since i got back into rc hes relentless to catch them hes rott/lab mix
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96867.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	449453  
Old 05-03-2006, 09:24 PM
matt982006

Well i have to agree if your planning on getting a FAST Back Yard Basher that will hold up and not break i would say go with a good monster truck. You will probably have to upgrade the engine on it. I know this is the most debatable subject but i would have to say get a HPI savage (any kind...thier all tough as nails and all about the same price), and install either a good .28 or .32 collari engine on it. I got a savage x the other day and installed a wasp .28w/pullstart on it and it is pretty descent on power (it will ride the rear bumper all the way up the street when tuned right). And seeing the way a .28 acts on the savage i cant even imagine a collari .32 (the Team Orion Wasp.28 is only about $150). But if you do upgrade the engine get a new vcutch and shoes and new Cb and spur gear. Im getting a moded out Jato in about a week and im planning on it being a pure basher (im just going to beat the living hell out of it) so i will let you know how it holds up to my testing
Old 05-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Kemo

Jato = Bashing truck. For another 200 bucks, you can convert it to a racer, but its way too expensive!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:17 AM
speedchris

Jato is the best bang for the buck! Just needs some 2.2 proline masher 2000 tires.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:58 PM
rcextremer

I think money wise you should go for the Ofna Ravager buggy, it is in the price range with Jato or a little cheaper but is one of the greatest beginner car in my experience. While jato can get up to 55 mph, the Ravager can follow it around 50 mph, but if they hit each other head-on, Ravager will murder Jato in a heartbeat. Also ravager is a 4 wheel drive which makes more fun, easier to drive. It also has a bigger motor in it. I think you can't go wrong with a 1/8 scale buggy as your first vehicle, especially it is very affordable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.