Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Carbon fiber vs Aluminum

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 03:32 AM
Hoese37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carbon fiber vs Aluminum

I have a Mugen ST and i found both lightweight aluminum and carbon fiber top plate and chassis. Just wondering which would be better. For the top plate i would prefer the CF, but the chassis plate is what im mostly concerned about. Would the CF chassis flex and possibly break too easily.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:00 PM
APEXdriver89

Default RE: Carbon fiber vs Aluminum

i honestly dought it...carbon fiber is pretty tough, i have taken my nitro sport and replaced almost the whole thing in carbon fiber and since i have done that not one thing has broke and i tend to take it to the limit later
Old 12-19-2005, 05:01 PM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

Carbon is the way to go!! they have made some pretty cool stuff w/ it lately and im impressed w/ it. they have Vantage carbon fiber pipes that work well also. i used 1 on my 8th scale and it worked great. they back up their products like no other in the bizz

http://www.crispycrittershobbyshop.c...cat=463&page=1

they make chassis as well, just call crispy and they can get it for you....
Old 12-22-2005, 07:47 PM
hord1080

Well, carbon fiber is definitely light and the way to go, but it WILL break if stressed...where aluminum will just bend. So, if you are a racer or bash hard I would be cautious about replacing some components with CF. The main chassis is always better in aluminum - it helps remove heat from the engine and it much stronger - plus it is so low on the car that it could actually raise the center of gravity - not good for handling. Otherwise, go for it, as the only other parts that might break are shock towers - i've broken front and rears several times on my rc10GT and would never go CF there on my 1/8th buggy.