Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

portable track

i live in milwaukee and there are no arias around here for nitro cars. so i was thinking of a way to make my own track. i dont have room for a real track so i was thinking about a portable one. i was thinking of getting the macenery twine, the super vibrant rope that come in 500 foot roles that macentry pplz make shure what there workin with is strait and level. will that work? also what can i use for light, easy to store and portable jumps, im not lookin for the ones that send u 50 feet in the air, more like the ones you see at nitro parks.
    Im Himmel gibts kein Bier, darum trinken wir es hier.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: portable track

dude, a fellow native of milwaukee!! for lights you could get the portable spot light looking things. i have one, it's two lights on a tripod, very bright. i'd say get three of those and your set. the max height on it is about 5 feet high. and there are two lights on top of the tripod. but, hey, what rc's do you have and where do ya usually run ur rc's at? i usually go up to noye's park cuz it's up the street from me or across the street in this parking lot. very big church lot across the street.
    Blue Magic Area 51 .28 motor
    The truth is out there.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i go to vinsant high school and race there. its about a mile from where i live. and i run a nitro rustler w a 2.5. i just got done last night makeing my aluminum front shock tower. my dremel works wonder with the cutting bits. all i got to do now is drill the holes for the mounting screws and counter sink them and its done! yay. its made out of .125 "1/8in" t6 alunimum. its not gonna break anytime soon. in the future im gonna upgrade my motor to a .12 cv-r not the ones with the red square head that can only dish out .5 horse but the one that looks like the .18cv-r just the .12 version that can pump 1 horse. i also run in my front yard, but i like to go to vinsant when i can.

you should come to happy hobby some time. we stock up on alot of rc car parts. all the major brands and after market companies "dynimite, rc crome works, ect." we do have a sale going on with the nitro mt2 rtr for 350.00. we also carry the team assocated rc 10 tg plus, savage limited edition with the 3 speed tranny, losi kits, traxxas rtr "4 tech, rustler, tmaxx" if we dont have a kit there that your looking for, ask to order it. itll be in about a week, mattering on when you put your order in. the owner li laurie jones, and i am zack eschenburg. i am there wed,fri,sat,and sun. we are open mon-fri at 10:00 to 8:00 sat 10: to 5:00 and sun 12:00 till 5:00. im there all weekend and 4:00 till 8:00 wed and fri.

anyway about my original question. how much are the lights? i was wondering about somthing that would be highly visible in the grass. so i was thinking about the pink masenry string. at home depot it was about 6 sumthing for 500 feet. its cheep and easy to transport and light. i was also thinking about soccer cones from dunnams sports. i can get 50 cones for 25 bucks. what should i use for the jumps and what are other good markers that i can use that are cheep, light and easy to transport?
    any help will be greatly appreicated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

cool, vincent high school is not even a mile from me. i live on 87th and good hope, so it's kinda like being in the middle of a few things. i go to happy hobby sometimes. i get my wheels, glow plugs, and tires from there quite a bit, especially the glow plugs. i also got o hobbytown usa in germantown. right now my mt 2 has the stock t-15 in it. clutch bell split in two about three days ago, so i'm most likely going to get one next week. i plan on putting an o.s. cv-rx .18 in it also sometime soon. might go to hobbytown, i have a coupon for 5 bucks off my next purchase there. i've gotta ask my dad how much the lights cost, i think it was about 50-70 bucks. they're like spot lights. i found a ramp on towerhobbies made by duratrax http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXUB32&P=K 9.99 for it though. looks pretty decent, and easy to carry. also some cones http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZY93&P=M get six for 3.99. i think the pink masonry string would be good and the price sounds good for how much u get. how high do the sports cones stand at dunhams? i might go to vincent in two weeks. i'll have my truck set up again.

ORIGINAL: redfox03

cool, vincent high school is not even a mile from me. i live on 87th and good hope, so it's kinda like being in the middle of a few things. i go to happy hobby sometimes. i get my wheels, glow plugs, and tires from there quite a bit, especially the glow plugs. i also got o hobbytown usa in germantown. right now my mt 2 has the stock t-15 in it. clutch bell split in two about three days ago, so i'm most likely going to get one next week. i plan on putting an o.s. cv-rx .18 in it also sometime soon. might go to hobbytown, i have a coupon for 5 bucks off my next purchase there. i've gotta ask my dad how much the lights cost, i think it was about 50-70 bucks. they're like spot lights. i found a ramp on towerhobbies made by duratrax http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...9&I=LXUB32&P=K 9.99 for it though. looks pretty decent, and easy to carry. also some cones http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZY93&P=M get six for 3.99. i think the pink masonry string would be good and the price sounds good for how much u get. how high do the sports cones stand at dunhams? i might go to vincent in two weeks. i'll have my truck set up again.
    I wouldn't waste my money on that cheapo ramp. Maybe get some skateboard "kicker" ramp.
    Airpressure...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

good idea. i didnt think of that. i wonder if dunhams has the skateboard ramps?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

walmart has those ramps...
    Racing Cars: FT 18T with Mamba 8000kv system, XXX-S with 24T Birdman Pro Pro motor and Novak GTB, FT RC10T4 with Chamelion and GTB
    Sponsored by: Driven Pro
    Performance Devices
    BoomBoomBatteries

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont trust online hobby shops. i rather see my product b4 i buy it. i looked at those ramps at walmart,but they are big and bulkey. i dont have much room to store it in. i have about a 6 by 10 work shop aria that my parents let me have. we have the os 18 cv-r for 110.00. the cones from durratrax are too expensive for a small ammount. i am talkin bout this style cone http://www.dunhamssports.com/product...entPage=search. btw, i am 17 gonna turn 18 july 20th.

we do have replacement clutch bells there. the stock hpi and robinson raceing aftermarket gears.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i'm 21. how'd you get a job at happy hobby?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i walked in, asked if they had a job opening and i got hired on the spot

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i wanted to work there too. only thought they hired family members though. would be nice, i could walk to work too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i should be gettin my first body soon, dont know what im gonna get for it yet. im thinging sumth like a stadium truck body or a 2002 dodge ram 1500 quad cab body. what i would have for the paint theme would be parma paint mask with the straight flame, have that orange and yellow with a green or blue body.