Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Need another Truck - Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 06:38 PM
z71mike8379

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need another Truck - Suggestions

Alright...dare I start a potential mess of a thread, but I have no idea what to do.

I currently have an Ofna Blazer with an OS .30 in it, and a stock Losi Mini-LST. What I'm looking for now is a 2WD Nitro stadium truck. It doesn't have to be something insane, as I'd like to keep the cost in the $200-$300 range. I don't know anything about stadium trucks, so that is why I need your help. I have no brand bias, so I am open to anything under $300. And I'm not going to be using it for racing. Most of the time, it will be in the backyard and the woods.

Let the comments flow!

Thanks
~MIKE
Old 02-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Blitzz

Default RE: Need another Truck - Suggestions

I would go with a rustler or a jato but the hpi mt2 is a really good truck form what i hear!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Wide Open

ive got the nitro evader st and so far its been an awsome truck. ive regeared it, put larger tires on it, and put an os .18 cv-rx in it and i think its pushing the upper 40's now in terms of speed. its plenty durable for the bashing i do and an overall very reliable truck. another good choice would probably also be the rc10gt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13292.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	131.4 KB
ID:	408936  
Old 02-15-2006, 08:54 PM
JDRACING

I justt bought one of these. I understand they are very nice and the price is right.

http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/...?idproduct=957
Old 02-16-2006, 01:33 AM
-Inverted-

Just upgrade the mini lst
Old 02-16-2006, 08:04 AM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: cadillac_kid28

Just upgrade the mini lst
but stadium trucks are a completely different breed with different qualities. maybe you should try it out sometime.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 AM
RC10GTBashin

Yeah, good comments, althoguh he mentioned we wanted a 2wd and the mt2 is 4wd.

RC10GT is a good choice as always, but if you really wanna go cheap, i would suggest either get the mugen kit for under 150 then spend another 200 on radio/engine, or, even cheaper, buy the xtm x-cellerator for 225 or so, and take that 75 bucks for aluminum c-hubs and some extra parts or for 100 bucks get a .18cv-rx for it
a
Old 02-16-2006, 12:10 PM
z71mike8379

OK, I've taken what you guys have said so far and done some further research. This is what I found:

Assoc RC10GT - good potential, about $300 (max price)
Duratrax Evader - good potential, about $260 (better price)
XTM Xcellerator - cheap at $227, but couldn't find alot of support on the net for it. not well known enough for me
Mugen MST - unfortunately, it comes only in kit form. after my Blazer mess....no more kits. RTR only.
Traxxas Rustler - good potential, about $300 (max price)
Traxxas Jato - awesome truck, at $365.....too much money
Traxxas Sport - good potential about $230 (nice price)
HPI MT2 - really nice truck, but it's 4WD - i have two 4WD trucks already
HPI Rush Evo - good potential, about $260 (good price also)

So right now, it's between the Rush Evo, Traxxas Sport, Rustler, Evader, and RC10GT. The Rush Evo has a really kewl look to it. Not saying that I've made up my mind, but that's a nice setup. Still researching - keep the info coming.

~MIKE
Old 02-16-2006, 12:28 PM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

i've had both the evader and rc10gt.... and i would go with rc10gt its more durable, and the stock engine will actually run
Old 02-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Wide Open

the stock evader engine is just fine. if you treat it right itll treat you right. i had over four gallons through mine when i got the .18 cv-rx.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:38 PM
magicwheel

I got a nitro evader and its awesome. it has tons of power and handling.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:16 PM
sparky88

i just went out and bought a jato. and i think for the money its well worth it. i was very impressed and for my first truck that i own i was impressed. its a lil hard to tune it at first but once i got the concept down i had no problems. so with the price and how fast it goes its worth the money cuz to take another truck and and spend the money to make it as fast as the jato is gonna cost more
Old 02-17-2006, 08:16 AM
RC10GTBashin

I have a rush evo an i hate it. So much of the stock parts were complete junk. Of the ones you mentioned in the running, you should eliminate that one IMO
I dont know anything about the evader, except that duratrax shocks are pretty dope.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:59 AM
z71mike8379

RC10GTBashin - really?? what happened? garbage A-arms? hubs? servos?
Old 02-17-2006, 04:30 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

i have the nitro rustler and i think its a bit too expensive for what you get, but it does have really good potential with sites out there like rc parts and rd racing.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:49 PM
z71mike8379

unclezesta - i had the same thought as you. if i'm going to spend $300 at Traxxas, i might as well spend an extra $65 and get the Jato. but then again.....i don't have the money. you just uncovered one of the reasons i started this thread - i just can't find a good choice!
Old 02-17-2006, 10:53 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

yeah, its tough, especially when your "financially challenged" like some of us (including me).
Old 02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
magicwheel

The evader is race ready out the box. When i race at my local track im getting better lap times every run and it runs really strong for $300.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:21 PM
stevensj

Have you thought about doin some Ebay shopping? Im sure you could find a nice ST truck for less than 300 on there, probably pick up a jato for less than 300, but you could def find something nice, plus it would already be broke in....just don't buy off of someone with ZERO feedback that signed up for ebay the day before....you won't ever get the item....Ive heard lots of good stuff about the nitro ruslter....i was gonna buy one, but i have a bad habbit of blowing money....i just got into the sport a month ago...maybe three weeks, and i already have about $800 between jato, parts, and the t maxx, and parts....GOOD luck and good riding!
Old 02-18-2006, 02:51 PM
RCKid1992

My friend picked up a Rustler for $110 off of ebay. Yes it was risky with no pictures put it was almost brand NEW! Deffintly look for some XXX-NTs off of ebay because you can save ALOT! I have a XXX-NT and it handles a little better, it is more of a racer and is very nice desgin. New it is over 300 for the sport but you might be able to get a Adam Drake 2 XXX-NT for under $300 off of ebay with engine and all...
Old 02-21-2006, 02:10 AM
z71mike8379

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm gonna go look on Ebay now.

I know there is no good rule of thumb for Ebay buying, and you kinda hafta just hope for the best. However, is there anything specific I should look for to indicate a B.S. offer? Like the obvious would be if the guy has no prior feedback and the deal is just too good to be true. But what if say......the engine just stopped running on a truck, the guy cleans it up a little bit, and sells it to me? I guess I'm just screwed if that happens. I know there's no good answer - just skeptical talk out loud. I'll shuttup now.

I'll let you guys know if I find any decent deals on there.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Wide Open

ive never trusted ebay so i just buy my stuff new from a respectable source. it can cost more than ebay but at least i know what im getting.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:55 AM
stevensj

As far as Ebay goes, it's just like you said, look for someone with 10 or 20 for feedback, and hopefully it's all positive! A person with good feeback will not sell junk to someone because they are worried about negative feedback. If you buy from a respectable (good positive feedback) you will not regret it! Also, just contact the seller to make sure that everything is in good working condition.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:27 PM
RC10GTBashin

In regards to the rush evo, i hated it because it had crummy screws, crummy diff gears, annoying upper deck, hard to find suitable upgrades, problematic stock servos, plastic shocks etc
i just thought it was junk, but opinion is opinion

anyway, as far as ebay, my lhs owner told me this years ago in regards to used trucks, always assume the engine is near dead, especially if it is a quality engine. Look around ebay and try to find used OS .18 cv-rx engines. You wont find any because peoplle that have them, love them, so when you are geting a used truck with one assume it is whooped. Anyone that is getting rid of a truck most likely is having problems with it or is REAL desperate for money, because you never get out of it what it is worth. This is such a fun hobby that only a frustrated or broke person will part ways with a cherry truck

The point is, the cost of a new engine, whether it is actually dead or you spend that basic price on other parts, is likely what you will put back into a used truck fairly soon. So if you are getting a 300 dollar truck for hundred bucks, need a hundred in parts, you did well, if you get a 300 dollard truck for 240, be cautious.

I have bought new trucks, but my recent project was an rc10gt that i got on ebay for 95 bucks. I dropp a cv-rx i had from another project into it, spend about fifty on aluminum/rpm and a few bucks here and there on clutch parts etc, and for under 200 bucks i had a nice racable truck

a
Old 02-21-2006, 02:29 PM
z71mike8379

I was checking out Ebay last night a little bit. I saw a SWEET Jato on there. About $300, tons of upgrades, clean as hell, adult owned. Really looked like a sick truck. Definitely a good buy for someone. I just can't afford it. Anyone that has some spare money, definitely go take a look. I'd paste the link here, but I'm at work and they block Ebay, so I can't get on there till I get home later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.