Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Duratrax evader VS inferno rtr

Old 02-20-2006, 11:50 PM
scottywilkes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Duratrax evader VS inferno rtr

Is it possible to get a evader as fast as a stock kyosho inferno rtr with minor modifications like spur gear and clutch bell im planning on putting on dirt hawgs if that makes any difference and can you change the internal diff ratio so it is like the x cellerators. I dont want so much acceleration but i want more top end. Im thinking of getting a OS 18 cvr but dont know if that will make alot of difference because the evader has the same size. CHEERS Its pretty much just so i have a chance against my friends inferno around the local BMX track.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Wide Open

Default RE: Duratrax evader VS inferno rtr

youre thinking of doing exactly what i did. i switched the clutch and spur to the evader bx gears, switched the tires to dirt hawgs, and put an os .18 in it. (the stock engine is only a little slower) and it keeps up with my friends stock rustler, so it would be a good upgrade for more speed. in fact, it goes so fast now its almost scary!
Old 02-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Snipin_Willy

Hate to burst your bubble, but there is no chance. 4x4 racing buggy vs 2wd ST, they'll never match.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Wide Open

i was just telling him that you could make it fast, not that it would match a buggy.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:19 PM
unclezesta
My Feedback: (1)

i dont know man, some of these sts are pretty fast. i now they could never beat a high end buggy, but something cheap and stock maybe (i have no idea where the inferno stands) the buggies would out accelerate them, but maybe not on high end....or maybe it would be close at least.
Old 02-21-2006, 11:22 PM
Snipin_Willy

From what I know the inferno's were always a high grade buggy, only available in kit form. The MP5 could easily 60 in a strait line. I'm sure they haven't changed much as far as speed.