Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Decisions, Decisions...

Old 03-06-2006, 09:57 PM
NitroRunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decisions, Decisions...

Hey guys, Its about time for me to start thinking about a new engine for my jato. Im having trouble choosing though. I want an OS, or the new Traxxas 3.3, can anybody help me out, and tell me which os would be better in the jato? I am going to racing next summer aswell.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:32 AM
yoster

Default RE: Decisions, Decisions...

You've already cooked your 2.5? Well, the only reason I would say go 3.3 is if you are one of those people that are willing to take chances. We've hardly heard anything about the engine so far, so you would be one of the first. The OS on the other hand is a proven company, and makes great engines. If you plan to race however, you might want to check with your local track to see if they enforce engine sizes. If they do, your 2.5 and the 3.3 won't fly. Of course.. there is a lot more about the Jato that isn't race legal.. so i'd doubt they enforce engine requirements. They let me race my Evader at my track and it has a .18
Old 03-07-2006, 05:58 AM
Hoese37

if you want a hard to tune enginge, get the 3.3, if you want reliable and high quality, get the OS
Old 03-07-2006, 09:03 AM
loadingpleasewait

there it is again...if you even whisper the word traxxas here they come...lol. I have had all of the traxxas engines but their .12 and i have never had a problem tuning them. Traxxas is a rtr company that sell's to first time people. They decide to buy a nitro and the go the traxxas route but they have no idea how to tune. Now you have 100's of people in forum's saying they are hard to tune. So they go get something else and have no problems tuning the new engine. Why? Because this is their 2nd nitro engine and now they know how to tune...
Just my opinion...... Don't get me wrong I like O.S. engines too.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:55 PM
NitroRunner

Ya I am leaning more towards an os. My 2.5 has been a great engine, but its got about 4 and a half gallons on it, and i need to start thinking ahead. I wont be buying it for a while but i just need to know. Another thing, my track doesnt care about engine size, so what would be better, I do some on road driving, but mostly offroad. Th track Il be racing on is pretty loose dirt, and its a curvy track with one straight away maybe 100feet long. What models of the .18 os's will drop into the jato? and will the .12 crv or whatever its called be as powerfull as the 2.5? because i dont want less speed.
Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 04:30 PM
NitroRunner

anyone?
Old 03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
loadingpleasewait

The OS.18tm will slide in without and mods. Any other .18 with a (P) shaft and a slide carb will fit right in. You will just need a screw in the end of the shaft instead of a C-clip. You can also get one with a threaded shaft and you would need to cut it down and use this[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJF69&P=X[/link] I am not sure about the mounting holes on all of them but just need to look at the details on each motor.
Old 03-08-2006, 08:40 PM
stevensj

The only problem i have with the traxxas engine is the winter, i got mine in dead winter, so as it gets warmer and colder from day to day i have to re-tune.