Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

engine help

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 07:47 PM
zackesch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine help

i have the trx 2.5 and its having problems. it acts like as if it isnt getting any fuel, but it is. i end up re priming it in order to run, but when i do it runs for a few seconds and dies. i checked for leaks in my fuel line and tank, there is none. i checked to make sure all was tight on my engine, it was. it still is habing issues.

what shoud i do?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:44 PM
laserman2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine help

from what i have been seeing is if you have a priming bulb on the tank most of the people here either change the tank or take out the priming bulb and seal the area that it was in very well and test for leaks
Old 03-10-2006, 09:46 PM
zackesch

i have a primless tank. i blow on the pressure line to get fuel into the engine
Old 03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
loadingpleasewait

Do you still have the ez-start on it? Do you cover up the exhaust and crank it over?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:31 AM
dannthenitroman

sounds like its very lean, or stuffed glow plug .

Dann
Old 03-11-2006, 07:32 AM
RcRacer37E

My 2.5R was doing the same damn thing, brand new at that even. Anyhow, it seems after bashing around, the tranny case hit the rear of the carb, at the time I didnt know. check that cps carb for a crack or 2. Then ten bucks down to hobby shop, get new fuel line and a filter, ofcouse if the carb has a crack, get a new one, OS make good replacment ones.
Sounds like a air leak of some kind.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:05 PM
zackesch

i here a small hissing noise coming from it when i put my ear up to it, all my bolts are tight. i dont know what the hell is wrong. its realy starting to tick me off!!! my carb is fine, its clean and crackless all is how its supost to be
Old 03-11-2006, 08:20 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Make certain the HSN is at factory settings.
How is the LSN? If you believe it has fuel when you first try and start it, perhaps the LSN is too lean and the engine is starved after a few seconds.

How about if you start the engine with 1/2 throttle? If you maintain some throttle will it continue to run or stall?

Ryan
Old 03-11-2006, 11:08 PM
zackesch

i am just about ready to give up on nitro. it has been nothing but trouble since i got one. i had it for about 2 months and i was only able to get about 1/4 gallons through it because somthing was always not working right or broken. i may trade it in for a at rc18 mt.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:58 PM
spacecase25

nitro is not for all people some people prefer to stick with electric plug n play. what other problems have you had did you seal you carb
Old 03-13-2006, 10:03 PM
jato/xxx-nt
My Feedback: (1)

i would take the whoel engien apart and clean off all of the resedue. thats what i did for the trx i took a dremel to it with a little wire brush. might sound crazy but that resedue in ther can fu*k up an engien prety bad. and the dremel with a wire brush dident hurt or scratch anything. jsut consider cleaning all of the internal parts or the engine.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:04 PM
jato/xxx-nt

i would take the whoel engien apart and clean off all of the resedue. thats what i did for the trx i took a dremel to it with a little wire brush. might sound crazy but that resedue in ther can fu*k up an engien prety bad. and the dremel with a wire brush dident hurt or scratch anything. jsut consider cleaning all of the internal parts or the engine.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:44 PM
ryan_t888

Oil residue will not hurt a thing and it is there for a reason. I would not want to start an engine dry without some form of oil coating.

Ryan
Old 03-13-2006, 11:51 PM
jato/xxx-nt

it is not oil resedue it is from the fuel it is red and holds up the piston and coudl even seize it up. it happend to my t-maxx
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
ryan_t888

I have never heard/seen anything other than oil being left in the engine(brown). I would quickly change your fuel brand as there should never be anything red in the engine holding it up.

Ryan
Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Matt G

Really richen up high speed needle, I live in northern wi and because of cold temps 4 turns out was still really lean, had to go with 5 full turns out to keep it running well when temps were in the 20's. When my engines die out of fuel starvation and I'm still certain it's getting fuel guess what? I'm always wrong if it was getting fuel it would not die when the prime was run out.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 AM
jato/xxx-nt

ORIGINAL: Matt G

Really richen up high speed needle, I live in northern wi and because of cold temps 4 turns out was still really lean, had to go with 5 full turns out to keep it running well when temps were in the 20's. When my engines die out of fuel starvation and I'm still certain it's getting fuel guess what? I'm always wrong if it was getting fuel it would not die when the prime was run out.

isint factory setting's 4 turns out on the hi-speed? im just wonderin if if the weather in wi affects it? i live in michigan. and i am about the same