Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Just got a...

Old 04-04-2006, 01:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got a...

Brand new Adam Drake xxx-nt for 170 shipped.... and now comes the hard part! Im building this car on a budget, and i need to find a good engine for less than 100 dollars if possible, as well as a decent radio. Any thoughts on what would make this car run the best without breaking the bank? I dont really care what size the engine is, i just want the most bang for the buck. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:49 AM
ChuckDeez

Default RE: Just got a...

so are you trying to find a motor and radio for under $100 or $100 each?

if $100 each, get a OS 18CVRX motor

and Futaba 2PL radio.
$69
and you have some left over for better servos.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
gkcx

Are you going to race it? Make sure what the engine rules at your local track are before you go and spend money on something you man not be able to use.
Old 04-04-2006, 04:27 PM

At this point i have no racing aspirations, but i was thinking about a .15 engine because that keeps a few more options open i think, but I dont really care either way. If i can get a good .18 for cheaper then I will do that... Can i put a pullstart engine in the truck? That seems like it would be easiest. Oh and i was saying less than a hundred for just the engine. Thanks
Old 04-04-2006, 06:07 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: 987982

At this point i have no racing aspirations, but i was thinking about a .15 engine because that keeps a few more options open i think, but I dont really care either way. If i can get a good .18 for cheaper then I will do that... Can i put a pullstart engine in the truck? That seems like it would be easiest. Oh and i was saying less than a hundred for just the engine. Thanks
that OS engine will probably be right at the same cost of the .15, in fact the .12 is the same as the OS .18 for cost.. the OS .18 is very dependable and will make you happy..

(edited to remove senseless rambling that should've been in the other thread that I thought I was responding to)
Old 04-04-2006, 06:18 PM
125cchyperman

If you dont care what size engine I would go ahead and get the O.S .18 cvr. I got mine at the LHS for $104. dont think the extra $4 will turn you away. It got a ton of power and is very easy to tune. It's got enough power to do wheelies if you so choose to.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:08 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. I was wondering though, Ive been looking at some trinity picco .12 engines on ebay.. are they any good? let me know what you think of those
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 PM
gkcx

I had a picco a few years ago. It came in a used GT I bought on ebay. It was very fast. A little to fast at the time for my driving skills. I could actually turn more laps with my back up truck that had an OS .12. The really cheap OS .12 that came with the kit. I doubt you'll be disappointed with the Picco.