*~ Official RC10GT2 Thread ~*

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Xyzzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *~ Official RC10GT2 Thread ~*

What kinda hump pack are ya using?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXH339

I've been testing this one and it seems to last a long time. The MaH rating seems low compared to the FT Reedy one but I like to stick with Futaba for as much stuff as I can. It fits easily in the battery box with enough room for ample foam.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
dp729

anyone with the RTR should change the oil in the shocks. i did mine last nite and found out that the rear shocks barely had any oil in them.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
RCn00bie

i was noticing so play in my rears today while i fiddling with it thought ide check em when my bulkhead shows up before i run it again, now ill do it for sure thanks DP
Old 04-03-2007, 09:32 PM
AE Pilot

ORIGINAL: Xyzzy

What kinda hump pack are ya using?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXH339

I've been testing this one and it seems to last a long time. The MaH rating seems low compared to the FT Reedy one but I like to stick with Futaba for as much stuff as I can. It fits easily in the battery box with enough room for ample foam.
Wow, you weren't joking about the MaH rating. [X(]

We're using a Reedy 1100 and an Ofna 1600.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:13 PM
dp729

rpm wide bumper
Old 04-04-2007, 03:08 AM
ImGoinRCn

You guys are cutting the holes in the side window and windshield to keep the motor cooler, right??
Old 04-04-2007, 08:16 AM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: ImGoinRCn

You guys are cutting the holes in the side window and windshield to keep the motor cooler, right??
yep. in fact i have to remember to make my cooling hole a little larger.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 PM
dashipa

I couldnt resist the temptation to get into a Factory Team kit after having the RTR for a fe months. There is just a certain satisfaction in knowing you built it on your own!
Anyway, I am at the stage where I need to decide on a motor for this beast. I am thinking OS .12TZ slide carb. Is this too powerful? Any suggestions? My budget is $250.00.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 PM
xenergyx

yeah I am at the point now where I wish I had bought the FT kit....

I'm on track to replace the electronics next so short of saving myself from buying an engine I would have been way better off with the kit...

And no, that engine wont be to much for the truck, if I'm not mistaken a few people here run it (or maybe they have the rotary carb)....

As for holes in the body see the first few pics.

I got my truck the dirtiest it's been and hopefully will ever be... [X(]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52189.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	321.8 KB
ID:	657030   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx74571.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	657031   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kq35964.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	405.1 KB
ID:	657032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ga77706.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	380.7 KB
ID:	657033  
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
AE Pilot

If you intend to race, check with your local RC scene before doing too much trimming. At our local venues, they only allow a hole in the front windshield.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Xyzzy

http://www.roarracing.com/downloads/2007rulebook.pdf

Page 28:

6.1.13 to 6.1.15
Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 PM
dp729

well i broke my first part, #7893 top plate. one of the screws broke in half and the top plate broke a little piece. time to order some parts but i'm going to check my LHS first. i'm wondering if i broke that top plate because i have the wide bumper on there. maybe w/o the bumper i would have broken an arm instead?
Old 04-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: dashipa

I couldnt resist the temptation to get into a Factory Team kit after having the RTR for a fe months. There is just a certain satisfaction in knowing you built it on your own!
Anyway, I am at the stage where I need to decide on a motor for this beast. I am thinking OS .12TZ slide carb. Is this too powerful? Any suggestions? My budget is $250.00.
this is the version im using in mine. it drops right in with the clutch adapter. im pretty sure on all the other versions you have to mod it slightly to get it to work. its definatly a screamer, though. i have the throttle limited back and it still balloons the tires so much at full throttle that the rear end slides out. it also has NO problem getting it to wheelie so its a good idea to back off the slipper a little.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJFY7&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBMD5&P=M
Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
ImGoinRCn

energy, nice job cutting those air holes for ventelation.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Pedsaktix

Newbie here.

Guys help me decide on my first RC car. I plan to buy this coming weekend and cound'nt decide if I should get the HPI Firestorm or RC10gt2 RTR.. Two days ago I called up a LHD around my area to ask if they have a firestorm in stock. I told him I'd appreciate if he can hold one for me.. and since I don't have a clue if the HPI is a good buy for starters, I asked him what he suggest to me.. He told me that GT2 is a better than HPI.. and they carry lots of stock parts for it. (which I think a good enough reason to go to get a GT) Now, Im sure there are many if not better buggy cars out there depending how much your bugets allows.. So, im asking you guys if you can spend time to reply for any suggestion (non-bias opinion) for what I should get.

Btw, my budget is less than $300.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:30 PM
AE Pilot

First, it's all about support for the product your LHS carries, so if they stock more parts for the GT2, that should be your choice.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:32 PM
AE Pilot

By the way, spend some time reading this thread. I don't think you'll find any major complaints or regrets from GT2 owners.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:34 PM
xenergyx

Most of these newer STs are so close to being the same thing... The Firestorm has a slightly bigger engine in it but otherwise is nearly the same as the GT2 in looks and components. They each have their differences and extreme similarities.

If the shop has lots of parts for the GT2 then go with that one.

If you dont care about the parts situation and want something with a little more power then go with the Firestorm...

Broke my rear shock tower last night when a hidden bump in the dirt sent my truck flipping. It was one of those "The engine's running does it still work?" kind of crashes, and sure enough it still drove but I noticed the right rear sagging and the shock was visible outside the body. The tower snapped directly at the point where the body clip nub is, and there was no other damage.

Time to take it all apart, give it a good clean, replace the tower and put in new screws from AE...
Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM
ImGoinRCn

I would pick AE or Losi before I'd even consider an HPI.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Pedsaktix

Thanks for all the input guys.

Another question: Whats the difference between the two in terms of parts that are used in both cars and durability?

If its not to much to ask.. why would you not even consider HPI?

Thanks,
Old 04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
AE Pilot

If you have an RTR, don't get the MIP Shiny CVD's just yet.

I got a set a few days ago and what an ordeal. Well, maybe not an actual ordeal, but here's what happened.

At Tower, they don't list them as being specific for use with the rear quick-change coversion, but that's excatly what I received. I have the RTR version, so obviously, they wouldn't work for me. Instead of sending them back to Tower, I called MIP and they said that they neglected to specify that the kit was in fact for the QC conversion, but said I could send the axles in and have them exchanged for threaded RTR axles. Luckiy, MIP is only an hour away, so I should have the new axles by Friday or Saturday.

Just thought I'd point that out before any RTR owners make an invetsment in them.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRKE6&P=7

Wow, after looking at that link, it looks like they sold out already, but I'm sure they can be found elsewhere right now.

In any event, as you can see, there's no information regarding which GT2 model the kit fits, but I guess that's my mistake for making an assumption.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:47 PM
ImGoinRCn

ORIGINAL: Pedsaktix

Thanks for all the input guys.

Another question: Whats the difference between the two in terms of parts that are used in both cars and durability?

If its not to much to ask.. why would you not even consider HPI?

Thanks,
I've been doing this for a while and I'd stick to one of those because I know their track record. I only race, never go out and bash. Now HPI sedans are nice. If you are bashing, the HPI would be fine. I'd choose that over a Trashus er Traxxus any day.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:18 PM
Pedsaktix

I've been doing this for a while and I'd stick to one of those because I know their track record. I only race, never go out and bash. Now HPI sedans are nice. If you are bashing, the HPI would be fine. I'd choose that over a Trashus er Traxxus any day.

Cool.. so bashing means?? Im sorry I haven't gotten the RC lingo yet but I think I know what you mean..

How's the aftermarket support for GT2? if there are any..

Old 04-05-2007, 04:38 PM
xenergyx

If you just drive your RC to have fun and have fun only you are a basher. You bash your truck around.

If you only drive your truck on a track then you are a racer.

Usually those who race will bash as well and vice versa but usually will have different trucks for each purpose....

For aftermarket parts there are plenty of alluminum parts available if you want them as well as carbon fiber, RPM plastic suspension arms & front bumpers, clutch & driveshafts from MIP, and lightweight vented flywheels. And those are just the ones I know of off the top of my head.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:02 PM
AE Pilot

CVD's, arms, turnbuckles, axles, clutches, bodies, bumpers, wheels, servos, shocks, shock towers, chassis, top-decks, pipes, cooling heads, filters, etc.

From aftermarket manufacturers to Factory Team, eBay is your best bet for most of this stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.