Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

*~ Official RC10GT2 Thread ~*

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 10:55 PM
Pro Twister Mods

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *~ Official RC10GT2 Thread ~*

I take it racing every sat night, and test on friday nights, a gallon of fuel last 3 weeks for me LOL
Old 01-31-2007, 04:00 AM
ImGoinRCn

100 degrees?? WOW!

Twister, where do you race, Thunder RC or?
Old 01-31-2007, 08:13 AM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: Pro Twister Mods

I take it racing every sat night, and test on friday nights, a gallon of fuel last 3 weeks for me LOL
nice! are you running a .12 also? i probably wont be racing every week so a gallon should last even longer.

ORIGINAL: ImGoinRCn
100 degrees?? WOW!
those are our night time tempuratures the alcohol roll level indicators in the helicoptors my dad flies boil and explode during the summer it gets so hot here. needless to say there is a lot of money spent on roll indicators during the summer.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:10 AM
ImGoinRCn

Wide, I know some racers over there and they say it gets warm there...mind sending some of that over here? A rare 14 degrees here...BRRRR, that's why I moved from Indiana to get away from cold.[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 02-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Wide Open

i finally got around to cleaning my truck today. ive been playing too much BF2. i couldnt believe how dirty it got and i only ran one tank through it off road. normally the park i run at has grass to help keep the dust levels down, but it was all dead this time.
Old 02-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Pro Twister Mods

hey guys just got word from a reliable source that Dynamite is going to release a new .12 motor. more info to come!!!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Wide Open

well, thats just my luck that even though i threadlocked the set screw, my axle pin still slipped out. ill order a new one pretty soon and i think im going to put heat shrink on it this time too
Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Mufasa_719

hey guys lookin to get in to 1/10 racing soon im used to anything .21 and up so this will bw new. Im no pro racer but i like a hooked up truck and lookin into sport racing will the rs covers this or would it just b easer to get the FT? also will this engine work in the FT
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBZ30&P=0.
Thanks for all advice and lookin foward to being a GT2 owner.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Wide Open

youre not going to want that drive plate on it. basically you want the flywheel to contact against the front bearing like on this engine.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJFY7&P=0
also, on that one you would have to cut the crankshaft down to get it to work with the adapter.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Mufasa_719

ok i got it thanks a bunch
Old 02-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Wide Open

yep, basically the crankshaft has to mimic an sg crank in some way for the adapter to be able to work.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Drvrswntd

Last night I was running my truck at the local track and my ntc3 clutch nut snapped in half! The bearings didn't go out nothing else is wrong. I called AE and they were as shocked as I was. I have to send it back and they will replace it. It was running so well too. I am having a really good time with this truck. This truck is so hooked up at the track. The old GT is so dated compared to this truck.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Wide Open

hmm, maybe Associated does need to address a clutch issue because ive heard of the spring snapping on several trucks now including mine.[&:]

EDIT: nevermind, youre talking about the nut
Old 02-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Drvrswntd

I broke both of my springs two weeks ago. I bought new ones and they seem to be made of different material.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:48 PM
Wide Open

yeah, same with mine. i guess theres something different about the kit springs. its probably a good idea to email associated about it and see since ive heard of this happening on several trucks now.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:47 AM
xenergyx

No snapped springs yet here, but I did manage to snap the front end off my new GT2 on my second run with it...

I learned the hard way that nitros are fast, and they can get away from you easily.

Among the $24 worth of broken pieces are 7892-subchassis and 7893-top plate which are both out of stock everywhere.

Hopefully I will be able to get it back up and running next week sometime if the parts come in at my LHS...

I got the GT2 RTR because it's my first nitro and I wanted something to learn with...

Had an electric Stampede for years and built, rebuilt and modded it many times so I've got the building experience already.

So far it has been very easy to take apart/fix, with the only exceptions being the poor quality included allen wrenches and a single #4334 screw that wont work with even a quality hex driver.

I added annodized blue alluminum front and rear arms from New Era Models...

I'm thinking about getting the AE 7995 smooth blue muffler as the first engine mod for it.

Maybe I'll remove the carb restrictor if someone can convince me that it wont harm my engine. Probably just have to re-set idle and mixtures maybe?

TIA
Old 02-09-2007, 12:57 AM
whoajoe

What servos are you guys using in your gt2's? I have been planning everything out that I need to buy to get a gt2 going. I heard that you want around 100 oz. for steering, and less than .15 for speed??? What would you guys suggest?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:44 AM
tattguy12

removing the restrictor will not harm your motor, i would leave it in til you got used to the truck, because you will notice a big difference when you pull it out..
Old 02-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: whoajoe

What servos are you guys using in your gt2's? I have been planning everything out that I need to buy to get a gt2 going. I heard that you want around 100 oz. for steering, and less than .15 for speed??? What would you guys suggest?
this is the servo im running on my steering. its cheap and can easily throw the wheels around from side to side even when the truck isnt moving. plus it has karbonite gears.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDEM1&P=0
Old 02-09-2007, 09:24 AM
whoajoe

That looks like a really good deal for the price. I will have to add that to my favorites for when I get everything together for this truck.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:56 PM
xenergyx

Picked up an Integy air filter and have a Factory Team muffler on back order for my GT2 RTR...

After hacking away some of the body I realized I probably should have mounted the air filter in the other direction and left it inside the body... Right?

Still haven't got my engine tuned in right, running too rich currently, but now that my truck is back in one piece I can hopefully get it figured out... Finally stopped flooding it every time I go to start at least...

Since I can still cancel my order, does anyone have a better pipe suggestion other than this one?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNZA5

I mainly just want the upgrade to get something with a pressure nipple and would lean more towards a torque tuned pipe over RPM but I would love some suggestions...

Oh... one of the other questions I had was:
What tires are people using for both on & off road use?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97659.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	222.0 KB
ID:	621165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49154.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	182.5 KB
ID:	621166   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di10283.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	621167  
Old 02-13-2007, 10:59 PM
Dokioto

How do you like your GT2 RTR? Looks nice... I was thinking about getting one but don't have the cash.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:18 PM
xenergyx

Its my first nitro and I cant say I've got a lot of experience with different trucks, but it has been great to me so far in the 2 weeks I've had it.

Its easy to take apart & fix most components, differential is easily accessable to adjust.

From the factory it was pretty solid. Started up pretty quick once I realized I had to prime it. Broke it in and it is very quick right out of the box.

When I crashed it the first (big) time I ran head on into a curb at maybe half throttle. I thought for sure it was done as the front end snapped clean off and bounced up in the air a few feet and landed behind the truck. Once I got up to it and the back wheels were still spinning I realized it wasn't half as bad as I thought and it only ended up being $24 in 6 plastic parts.

As hard a crash it was it appears the truck was almost designed to break apart this way.

It handles really well, I couldn't roll it over on asphalt for $100 if I tried, where as my friend can roll his GT on demand at a turn of the wheels.

In a nitro beginners opinion it's a great truck thats ready to tear up dirt and street.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:17 AM
Wide Open

ORIGINAL: xenergyx

Still haven't got my engine tuned in right, running too rich currently, but now that my truck is back in one piece I can hopefully get it figured out... Finally stopped flooding it every time I go to start at least...

Since I can still cancel my order, does anyone have a better pipe suggestion other than this one?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXNZA5

Oh... one of the other questions I had was:
What tires are people using for both on & off road use?
make sure you get that engine leaned out pretty quickly. have you taken the carb insert out yet? if you havent then taking it out should get you closer to the right tune because it lets more air in with the fuel. however, if its already taken out than you want to continue leaning it until you get more consistent performance out of it. running it rich keeps the engine cool and wears it out faster. in general you at least want to get the engine up over 200 degrees. if you have specific questions about it then you can always head over to the nitro engine forum and ask the people over there.

thats the same pipe that i have backordered for mine. its a good price and has an actual pressure nipple instead of just having a hole cut in the side of the pipe. i dont think you would be able to get too much better without spending a lot of money.

as for tires, im just running what it came with, and i will probably get a set of the same pro lines when these wear out, but since you want tires for on AND off road use then any of these would probably work for you:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDU11&P=0
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXUM92&P=
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXLDK4&P=
Old 02-15-2007, 11:28 AM
hoss76

what is the best engine for a ft gt2? i'm thinking about selling my t4 brushless to get one and I want to know what engine is the best. I don't want to spend over 150 on an engine though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.