Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Putting my ADE back together for the last half of the season. *New Pics*

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Putting my ADE back together for the last half of the season. *New Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006, 10:08 AM
slodsm
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting my ADE back together for the last half of the season. *New Pics*

Starting to get my Drake truck back together again. Just started last week now that I have time to race again so it's time for a new setup.

OS .12 TZ turbo
THS one peice pipe.
Hitec 5625 digital servos for throttle and steering
Hitec CRX synthesized
Noval XXTRA synth RX
craptacular rx pack that doesn't fit even though it's designed for this truck. About to go buy another Trinity 2/3 pack that isn't supposed to fit but always has.

Still waiting on my new wheels and tire sets, MIP shiny CVD's, painting my body, and going and picking up my new starter box because I sold my old one last year.

Hopefully I will have everything done by the end of next week so I can make the Badlands Myrtle Beach gas truck race and get my butt handed to me since I have not raced competitively since 2003 lol, should be interesting.

Old 06-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Werk-It

Default RE: Few pics of what I have been up to.

The hotness! Let us how ya do.
Old 06-03-2006, 11:25 PM
slodsm

Default RE: Putting my ADE back together for the last half of the season.

Thanks man, I am getting a bit closer. I painted the body (way way rusty on that one) and ran the fuel lines, went and picked up some gas and my starter box and batteries. Set my radio up and a few other things. Looking decent though. I can't wait to get my new tires in and get it on the track though.

Yes I know my paint is not too flashy, I also know my internal transfers are "slightly" crooked and I need to clean the tape off the windows lol. I am not an expert body painter.

Old 06-04-2006, 03:28 AM
dannthenitroman

l0oks really good, but its a sticker and 1 colour job right?

Dann
Old 06-04-2006, 08:17 AM
slodsm

It's what's om the inside that counts . I have never been much of a body man, I posted pics to show whats under teh body.

Maybe one day I will buy an air brush but until then, oh well lol.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:27 AM
dannthenitroman

same who cares if a cardborad box runs fast laps, its fast laps right :P

Dann
Old 06-09-2006, 04:57 PM
slodsm

Default RE: Putting my ADE back together for the last half of the season. *New Pics*

Getting closer, waiting for my diff to come in and I am done. It's taken me a bit longer because so many places were out of the part I needed. Hopefully it will show up tomorrow and I can get the suspension dialed in and head to the track Sunday.

Yeah I know, shock socks huh? Lol.

I HATE rebuilding shocks so I try anything to make them lastjust a little bit longer.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 PM
Kemo

Default RE: Putting my ADE back together for the last half of the season. *New Pics*

Losi shocks are a cakewalk to build, its the others that are more of a pita. Either design, still a pita to always have to do... next to the diff.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:43 PM
dannthenitroman

yeh i find the worst job the diff, only coz its hard to get to. the only non 3 screw/drop out part on the GT, well almost. yeh i love the bottom fill design too they work great and rarely leak for me ( duratrax ones here :P )

Dann
Old 06-09-2006, 09:22 PM
slodsm

Man I know everyone else says that the bottom fills are easiest for them, the normal top fill shocks like on my 1/8 scale buggy are cake for me to build so some reason.

I am anti diff build also but I have to do it to keep it smooth you know.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:29 PM
brownstone101

well i know people rebuild there diff very often. I dont but im not raceing like you i just use high temp red grease and it keeps it lubed up prety nice and prevents over heating so i dont rebuild them often and im stupid but i got a box of spare diff BBs from my evader and there from all the diffs i melted just in case i lose 1-2 in rebuilding them ( it happens) i can toss 1-2 in from the box and i space them out so its all ok. any ways nice paint job and i to am in the rebuilding process. im got a new servo rebuild the motor (due for a new piston/sleeve soon but i probly am geting a CV-R .12 for it and rebuilding the .18 as a backup motor. any ways have fun and good luck.
Old 06-10-2006, 04:47 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

Looking good slod,i took a two year break from racing my drake 1
did basically the same thing you did to get it back into shape
my first race back i took sportsman 'a main[X(]
another word of advise.. i was having terrible initial tun in
check the sx saver i cranked down on mine & it made a huge difference
turning was point & shoot

let us know how you do...
Old 06-10-2006, 04:50 PM
slodsm

Good god, I got my new diff setup in today, put it all together, and the lock nut tabs on the back side stripped out almost immediately. I have only had that happen one other time out of like 20 rebuilds I have probably done but this time it sucks 3 times as bad.

I used to be sponsored by a local shop that specialized in Kyosho and Losi and if I broke things, the new stuff was always right there for me.

That shop closed down right when I quite racing (I lost interest and the land the shop was on was bought by the state for a new interstate) and now, I have to order all online. There is another LHS here but he cater to AE and even though I get a 20% discount on everything he has, I can't get this part.

<------------------------------ BITTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2006, 01:02 AM
gubbs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only time I have had one of those fail was because I was a few washers short on that side. That pulled it in too far and sheared off the tabs. Just a heads up.
Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 PM
slodsm

That is a very good possibility man, I didn't even think of that in my temper tantrum wher I reverted 18 years to being 10 and pouted for 2 days lol.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM
gubbs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When that happend to me I just sat there for a second and then just though I would screw it back out. WRONG! That's when my tantrum kicked in. The nut just spun with the screw and it took me about 30 minutes of fighting with it to get it out. I ended up hammering an allen key into the plasic so it would bite enough for me to get the screw out.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:39 PM
slodsm

Yep, that is the stage I am at right now. I am tapping a scribe in.

Also rebuilding the ball diff in my Mini T. It's a broke Losi tranny day.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:44 PM
TGreg24

wow that looks good man. maybe you could answer my question im getting a xxx-nt, and i have a xxx-t mfe

can i take some of the graphite parts and put them ont eh xxx-nt?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:54 PM
slodsm

Everything off the front, the rear arms, and I can't remember about the rear shock tower but I don't think it will switch over. I could be wrong though.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:02 PM
TGreg24

ok thanks man and did you mean that the rear arms will or wont be compatible.?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:32 PM
slodsm

Rear arms are good, the rear shock tower is the one I can't remember.
Old 06-17-2006, 07:38 PM
TGreg24

okman thanks, so how is the ADE coming? got any new pics, hows the TZ engine. what set up are you using (springs and oil) wat tires and compounds are you using.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:00 PM
slodsm

Well, Ihave a healthy diff finally, smooth as butter and holding up well.

Right now I am still trying to break in this high strung motor which is a bit of a pain because it's still locking at TDC. When I get it "warmed" up and still rich as it can be, it will RIP. I am VERY impressed with the power. It is almost violent and I am going to have to loosen the hell out of the slipper to get it to stick.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:07 AM
All The Way

use your trigger finger not the slipper
learn to be smooth, roll on the power.....its not a on/off switch
Old 06-19-2006, 05:19 AM
Midget

ORIGINAL: All The Way

use your trigger finger not the slipper
learn to be smooth, roll on the power.....its not a on/off switch
I like that advice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.