Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Running with no pressure line.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 05:32 PM
Revo Eater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running with no pressure line.

mine would half tank lean when it was breaking in but after about a gallon it went away.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:22 AM
RCtruckRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running with no pressure line.

ORIGINAL: slodsm

Coming from 12 years of tuning and building full size race cars and god knows how long in RC, I really don't care what a magazine says about it. I know how the system is supposed to work and I know that with no pressure line it is not optimum so I am inclined to agree with cawyman. The vacuum generated by engines this small is not enough to properly draw in fuel except to keep it running. Think about this, 2 stroke dirt bike have no fuel pump and no pressure line, BUT the tank is mounted above the carb so gravity feeds it. EVERYTHING ELSE OUT THERE has some form of fuel pump be it mechanical or electrical. I would not run one of my 400 dollar race motors with no pressure line and I sure wouldn't try to run a 10000 dollar real race motor off of vacuum so why bother trying to do things the way they were not supposed to be done? It's not good for it and that is that.
The article in question is from issue 126 of Xtreme RC and the article was written by Adam Drake (second hand info - haven't seen the article myself). There isn't any real harm in running without the pressure line, the engine creates enough vacuum to pull as much fuel to the carb as it burns. I should say that I do agree that it is not an optimum scenario for everyone.

Coming from 12 years of tuning and building full size race cars and god knows how long in RC, I really don't care what a magazine says about it.
So you are saying we should trust you over The Drake? No offense meant, but your personal experience shouldn't mean a thing to anyone here unless they know you personaly. Read the article, feel free to agree or disagree with it, but don't go putting yourself on some pedestal.