Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

JATO Big Block Conversion?

Guys, how can I get an OS.30VG into a JATO? I already have the 30 and I'd love to see what the JATO would do on crack. But I can't find any posts about a conversion like that.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: JATO Big Block Conversion?

like it needs all that power lol o.O what would u use it for ne ways its 2 wheel drive and well only 2 wheels wouls be on the ground ne ways due to your constant wheelies![&:]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It can handle the .30. There is no such thing as too much power. I have an STS .28 with a Dadders.net mod in my X-Cellerator. Can you say Jato 3.3 killer?

If you want to do something like that, you are going to have to do a custom job. Make your own engine mounts, and do whatever mods need to be done to make it fit. Not much we can give you, just figure it out yourself. Plus, I suggest never buying another OS .30. WAAAAYYYY over priced. There is absolutely no reason that engine should be more than 150 dollars. The crankshaft is plain, no porting at all. The conrod is like a block, not knife edged. The sleeve is plain too, no fancy porting done. It's not even chrome plated. Just a plain engine for a high end price. Sorry for my gripe, but that engine bites the big one.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, I got a bonus a few months ago from work and it's burning a hole in my pocket. I figured what the hell. I was gonna use it on my SavageX, but I since broke the CRAP out of it and it'll be a while till it's fixed. Might as well put the .30 to good use in the mean time.

I guess I could cut up my spare SavageX engine mount (b/c I know the .30 will fit on that) and cram it into the JATO. I guess I'll be one of the first people to do that, huh? Any better ideas, let me know. I'm open to anything.

Here's a question though.......what are the chances that I'm going to grenade the trans with that kind of power? I mean......yeah the thing is fast as hell now, but I'm bored with it. That's why I need more power. You know what I'm feeling. I suppose it wouldn't be ALL that much added stress on the trans b/c it's not like I'm gonna get traction. The wheels will constantly be roosting.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the Jato trans should hold up. My XTM trans has held up to a gallon from my XTM 24.7 engine, and now I just installed my modified STS .28 and still haven't blown one gear. I geared it really high though, to take away some of the torque. It still pulls wheelies easy, but it's geared for speeds near 70mph.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's what I'd like to do......a setup just like that. Guess I'll start tinkering when I get a chance.