Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Are Jatos tough and reliable??

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 04:32 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Are Jatos tough and reliable??

(Yes, I already asked this in the Traxxas MT forum, but want to hear as much as possible..)

So far I've been mostly a Savage guy, but would consider a Jato if I thought it were tough and reliable.. No racing or anything, just blasting around and lots of jumping.. Traxxas isn't that big in Germany though, so if I got one I'd want to be sure I wasn't needing parts every week..

So, is it a good, tough basher??(I KNOW it's fast..) What are its out of the box flaws/upgrade needs??
Old 09-03-2006, 07:44 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are Jatos tough and reliable??

Most of it is weak and unreliable. Engine, electronics, custumer service, Traxxas.
Its a good truck for mostly just upand down the street, but not serious bashing like a Savy can handle.
Old 09-03-2006, 07:51 PM
xXMAGIKXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think that the Jato is a weak truck at all. I have one and all that I have broken is a servo case. I think that it is a reliable truck and i ur engine breaks traxxas will give u a new one. It's $135 for the 3.3 and i think its $105 for the 2.5. But then again i just race my Jato. So if u wanted another truck to bash around with, I would get another monster truck or sumthin. I just don't think that stadium trucks are meant to be bashed.

xXMAGIKXx
Old 09-03-2006, 10:48 PM
jnev

the jato is one pretty damn strong truck... I work at an lhs and barely anyone comes in with a broken jato. I've driven one before and it's got pretty decent handling.. I'm sure that if someone took the time it could potentially come close to losi and ae.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

JATO is one of the best on the market. I Beat the hell out of mine and never broke anything but the steering servo. They are fast, handle like a dream and damn near indistructable. Just coz they are not Associated/Losi/Duratrax, but Traxxas, the haters pull the Traxxas sucks routine. Jato is one truck everyone needs to own.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 PM
tricky713

ORIGINAL: annie_himself

Most of it is weak and unreliable. Engine, electronics, custumer service, Traxxas.
Its a good truck for mostly just upand down the street, but not serious bashing like a Savy can handle.

u are crazyy dude are u serious a jato can take a beating like no other stadium truck the jato is the ultimate basher, fast ,durable, easy to find parts, and super easy to work on
Old 09-04-2006, 07:22 AM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

the Jato is very strong for an ST. you just have to keep in mind that an ST is not as durable as an MT.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:48 AM
dannthenitroman

The GT is not challenged as the most reliable car, it has less parts to break and those parts are all RPM-able and carbon fibre or titanium stock.

Dann
Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM
off road mania

i dont think its as tough as some other st's, and the poeple i know never run thier jato off road.
,but they have never had troubel.
if i where bahing i would by something els
Old 09-06-2006, 01:26 PM
dhambrock

I work part-time at a national chain hobby shop and I see very few JATO problems come in. I have a JATO 3.3 and I have barrel rolled it twice, flip end over end once and even did wheelies that resulted it flipping on its roof and sliding 20 feet, did that trick twice on a very windy day. The truck survived with just scratches on the body and scratches on the body posts, all can be replaced at a later date. So I have to say is that the truck is very STRONG and a blast to drive

David
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Savage_OWNS

no, but my mt2 is, and oh, look at that its for sale! check it out its in my sig.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

Yes it is. Its fast, tough, handles great and is VERY reliable. The 2.5 smokes my OFNA LX COMP on a track and down the road.