Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Offical Schumacher Menace .21 Thread v1.0

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Offical Schumacher Menace .21 Thread v1.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
davenraithatha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Offical Schumacher Menace .21 Thread v1.0

Ok well, i rang schumacher about my diff and they said they will replace it for free!! i luv schumacher

ill find out about the engine info when the time comes, my truck is only 3/4 weeks old so it'll be a while before i kill the engine
Old 10-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Brent07

Yeah thats nice to hear, i think the best chioce for a replacement would be ofna's hyper .21 8 port it seems to be a pretty good one and would work well with the stock gearing since it revs just as high as the stock thunder tiger. My parts should be here in a day or to and i am going to get some shrink rapping for the cvd's. That should help.
Old 10-14-2006, 02:58 PM
davenraithatha

ok cool, but how does the stock engine differ from the ofna .21, arent they the same (both .21)
Old 10-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Brent07

There both .21's but the hyper 8port is more of a racing engine, it has more peak horsepower and redlines at 38,000. Overall it would be a better fit then most engines but i heard a sportwerks .26 would be as fast if not faster.
Old 10-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Brent07

Got my parts yesterday, and fixed the truck and it handles great, i am having a hard time tuning the engine lately because the weather keeps changing, its either 50 or its 70 no inbetween. So far though nothing broke and i came so close to hitting a real truck numerous times. I almost hit a suwere which would have broken some parts. I didn't have enough traction to get in 3rd yesterday because of the colder temperatures. And i did have one spectatcular wreck when i flipped in my neighbors yard, right when it shifted into second, and was gaining speed, it flipped atleast 10 times and nothing broke. So pretty much just another rant about driving the fastest truck on the market. Yesterday my friend brought over his GS storm SUT which is powered by a mach .26, and after seeing the torque and the ability to do a 4wd wheelie when it hit a dip in my yard.... I think i am going buy the sportwerks .26 which has the same amount of hp but also revs higher.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:29 PM
davenraithatha

sounds good, im struggling to get the beast out of first gear, there just isnt enough room here in London. But im taking it down to the beach the week after next so that should be interesting [8D]. Im just waiting for my new diff to arrive
Old 10-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Brent07

Should be sweet, i keep changing my mind about a replacement engine, but i don't want to modify the car in anyway to shoe horn a bigger engine in it, so i think i am going to stick with a .21.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:42 AM
davenraithatha

ok yea, i dont think it would be controllable with any more torque! Anyway the new diff came today so ill take it out again on the weekend.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:47 AM
davenraithatha

Also I wanted to ask, is there any way of stiffening the suspension without lowering the ride height? any will this cause it to flip more when turning?
Old 10-21-2006, 10:16 AM
Brent07

Well you can change the shock oil to a thicker oil, and you can also add some shock spacers. This should make the car handle better because it won't be shifting its weight around, as much.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:45 AM
davenraithatha

Ok, ill invest in some thicker shock oil. I had a fun day with the car today, the new diff worked a treat. Is it ok to drive the car around in the rain, i did today and it ran fine, it had next to no traction which added to the fun! But will rain water do any damage to the car?
Old 10-22-2006, 06:00 PM
Brent07

Yeah you have to be careful about your electronics(ie:servos,receiver,fail safe if you have one) other then that just dry it off when your done and it will be ok i would also re-oil the bearings and squirt some wd-40 or 3 in 1 oil around the diffs.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Brent07

I am currently flirting with the idea of converting the menace to brushless, for even higher insane speeds. Idk if it would be worth it though, it would forsure be unique.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:07 AM
davenraithatha

Well, its been a very expensive few days for me and my menace!! i went away for a few days and thought i'd take the menace for some bashing on the beach, well before going to the beach it took it to the park, and after hitting a drain (yes a drain, in the middle of a park!!!) in 2nd gear it flipped and broke a front hub (not my fault btw), then while driving around on the road i sorta got a bit to cocky with the throttle and ended up powersliding into a curb at about 40+, broke a rear hub (kinda my fault ). After buying alloy hubs all round i thought i'd take it down to the beach before i break it again, so i decided to drive to the beach instead of carry it and after a few minutes i suddenly lost steering, the servo gears had stripped!! (also not my fault) so now im waiting for my new metal geared servos to arrive, kinda sucks that i never got to take it to the beach.

I took your advice and wd-40'd the diffs etc, i do have a failsafe, but its water proof(the thought of my menace running into a wall at full throttle just scares the sh*t out of me lol)

Now about the electric menace, this is my first nitro after coming from electric and i dont think ill ever go back, i hate the thought of waiting and waiting for batteries to charge and spending a fortune on battery packs etc but i read somewhere that a guy converted his hyper 7 to brushless and loved it because it was faster. It would be unique but personally i dont think it would be worth it, but if you do go ahead with it, let me know how it goes
Old 10-26-2006, 06:55 AM
davenraithatha

Also, would you be able to keep the 3 speed transmission with a brushless?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Brent07

No 3speed, idk after thinking about it it would not be worth the price to convert it to brushless. That isn't saying i would never buy brushless, i think my next new car will probably be brushless, some kidn of insanely fast on-road car. I am always searching for my next new (used) car for cheap, i like having a wide variety
Old 10-29-2006, 03:21 PM
ICE24

hi peeps just thought id say hi i have a a schumacher menace myself and aint been able to hit 2nd gear yet either due to lack of space or hitting somat im currently searchin for a replacement first gear as i have just stripped mine
Old 10-29-2006, 04:13 PM
davenraithatha

isnt it part U2490

http://www.racing-cars.com/search.as...&templateid=12

the 3rd one down?
Old 11-02-2006, 09:31 AM
davenraithatha

Hey, how would the menace be faster with brushless? just curious as i dont know much about brushless
Old 11-12-2006, 02:27 PM
maddian

Hi Chaps,

I bought my Menace back in August and have say that it has been quite a learning curve for me; I have never owned a RC before and I thought this would be a good way for me to jump in at the deep end. Needless to say it has been an expensive experiment. I have since replaced the front half of the suspension for all alloy (looks pretty neat!!!)

A mate of mine has an HPI MT2 which is not nearly as quick as the menace but seems much more capable of taking the bends (my only complaint about this truck) - we have recently purchased a skateboard ramp which has made things much more interesting.

Any ideas how I can deal with this pulling left issue - i realise that a certain amount of this comes down to torque steer, do i need to upgrade the bearings??? what is a good lubricant to use for the bearings?

Took the cars out to a local bmx track in Brixton yesterday, quite a lot of fun.... my fun ended early as a jump i did caused the battery pack to pop one of the cells out of the cluster, no radio - no go, no tools - no fun...

I will post a link on youtube of the next time we go out....

Old 11-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Brent07

Well there comes a time where all good things must come to an end, I have decided to part ways with my Menace. The reason being is i need money for college and i will not have the time to screw around with it. I have pictures of it in my profile and i have it will be relisted in the for sale section. It has over 700 into it including the price of the truck. Let me know if your interested i can send you the details.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Brent07

update i have to decided not to trade away my menace for something else, i also have given it a lot of thought and i think i am going to hang on to it. A couple of things i want to do with it down the road is get my moneys worth lol. I am going to consider upgrading the engine and really focus on making it look good (get everything i can in purple) so it will match the rest of the truck. I need some advise on what to buy for it for more performance i might try those gears from the fusion and then later a engine or pipe upgrade.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:20 PM
davenraithatha

Hi brent, its been a while since ive checked this forum, ive been distracted, im in the process of buying a heli so ive been at the heli forums. I had no idea you were going to sell your menace, but its good news to see you've decided not to. Im not sure what purple bits you can get but im sure you could find some if you search on ebay, also what engine are you looking to get for it?

And welcome Maddian, its good to hear your enjoying your menace! could you please elabourate on the pulling left issue, if it constantly pulls left then it might just be you trim setting.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Brent07

Well i have a few options one thing i am going to do is buy the larger pinion gears from schumacher.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:25 AM
imfaster

Hello everyone ! I've got the menace and the xtr 3e both have the stock .21 thunder tiger. I bought the xtr first and menace next but i need a good fm. You need some range to have fun with these. I want to upgrade the engine when these pop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.