Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

SNOOOOOOWWW!!!

Old 11-03-2006, 02:28 AM
Woodmandan2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SNOOOOOOWWW!!!

OMFG i can't w8 till i find out how my ideas work. Sweet job yo don. And also after each use you should problay spray it with wd40 so no rusting.
dab
Old 11-03-2006, 11:59 AM
nickrummy

well I have always had 4wd trucks so I have always used paddle tires but here is something for you to try. sorry the drawing is pretty crude but you get the idea!

You can make a ski out of two pieces of metal each with a bend in it. All you have to do is bolt the ski to the axle braket. Just make sure you use trusshead bolts and that the bolt head is on the bottom of the ski.

wht keeps you guys' skis from just twisting around on the snow? is there something that stops them from spinning like a wheel? Also, if you can, use a spring on the front of the ski and stretch it to something on the axle. This way if you jump something it pulls the nose of hte ski up.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:06 PM
ferrariowner123

Sweet design, what you have set up with that is perfect for any conditions of snow. Now you just have to build it[:@]. oh well it will be worth it in the long run
Old 11-03-2006, 03:52 PM
jdeadman

Too keep the ski from flipping around you could use 2 springs the twist type. one facing front keeping the nose down and the other facing back to keep the rear down. when and external force pushes the front up the front spring would push down and conversly for the rear
Old 12-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Whoa G

Wow, i kinda let this thread go since i didn't have any snow, it was way back in page 7! I thought it appropriate to bring it back from oblivion, considering we got about 3 inches of snow a few nights ago. It seems like its gonna stay this time (temp is around -10 to -13 C), so i finally took my rush out for the first time in months. Those chains don't look too agressive, but that thing'll go just about anywhere now. i could use some lower gearing tho, since it's bogging a bit with all the traction.

I finally broke down and finished my front skis, i haven't tried them out yet, so im sure there'd be a number of flaws, but i'll test them today and see how they do.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99809.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	573688  
Old 12-23-2006, 11:08 AM
alex k

Well, its about time. We finally got 12" of snow! Ive got the tin-foil on my engine, a balloon over the reciever, deap tread tires, electrical tape over the openings on the EZ start motor, and Im runnin a little rich.

This should be cool

Alex