Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

SNOOOOOOWWW!!!

Old 10-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Whoa G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SNOOOOOOWWW!!!

Well, I haven't been able to run my Rush too much lately, since it's been raining like crazy 'round here. Thing is tho, that rain is supposed to turn to wet snow tomorrow and Saturday up here.

So, all you fans of rooster-tails, front skis, tire chains, and whatever else you do to ready your truck for snow, break that stuff out and prepare for the best season ever - WINTER! [sm=lol.gif] And, for all of you racers out there, get all the running in you can now, before you have to throw ARO in ur truck(s) and throw it up on a shelf for the season - and get out of the way so we can have our fun! lol j/k.

Go ahead and post your ways of bundling up ur truck(s) for winter and keeping them unstuck and throwin rooster tails.

Personally, i have my radio box sealed up all the time, but for winter, i throw my moabs on, raise up the suspension as high as it'll go, and wrap heat-sheild tape around the head inside out to keep it nice and toasty.

One question: would cold and wet conditions bother CF parts? if so, I think i'll remove those and stick the plastic parts back on.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 AM
jdeadman

Default RE: SNOOOOOOWWW!!!

I'm getting ready as we have about 5 cm on the ground from last night an another 2 cm coming today. I have a 4WD Overdrive that I am equiping with MOAB balloons with chains. It's goint to be Sweet!!!!!! Also I just got from a buddy of mine a Art Attack Skidoo just need to put servo's and a motor in it. Then let the Fun Begin!!!

Yea Snow. I have heard that the metal tape used for sealing ducting works well as does a Aircraft head (less cooling area)
Old 10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
jdunican

I am fairly new to the r/c world and just got myself a Revo 3.3. I got it becuase I spend a lot of time in Vermont in the winters and was planning on driving it in the snow. I was planning more on driving it on plowed surfaces and not so much on the soft accumulated snow. therefore my questions is that i was wondering if there was anything i needed to do to my truck before i go taking it in the snow? is there anyway i can seal off the battery box and also do i need to seal off any other compartments/parts?

I appreciate any help becuase i know that its probably way more fun driving the truck in the snow than it is on dirt.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:35 PM
ferrariowner123

i here boiling your plastic parts makes them softer for cold weather. if you don't they become brittle right?
Old 10-12-2006, 05:51 PM
Whoa G

First of all, use some silicone sealant like RTV or just window caulking to seal up your battery box, AND your reveiver box - don't forget the antenna hole too. I would recommend removing your battery switch for the winter to avoid corroding it and having a runaway. If the switch is inside the box though, don't worry about it.

Also, you may have seen us talking about wrapping the head of our engines. the reason behind it is this: colder temeratures make your engine run colder, since they're air-cooled. this cooler temp doesn't allow your sleeve to expand properly, and prematurely wears out your engine. to solve this, we need to wrap our heads with tinfoil, or some kind of heat wrap to get an extra 40 or 50 degrees. don't be devceived though, your engine will run REALLY good without the heat wrap because it has higher compression when cold, but will wear out in no time.

Any more suggestions, feel free to add.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:09 PM
ferrariowner123

were can i buy heat wrap? it stated to change season here really fast over here. i'm hoping to get savage before the winter hits. traction, 4WD
Old 10-12-2006, 06:59 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Snow what is snow are you talking about that white stuff we get about once every 10 years here? Instead of putting all that messy RTV on everything why don’t you just put your receiver and batteries in a balloon? All so sealing you servos and where the shaft comes out put petroleum jell to work as a seal. Yes you will have to add more from time to time.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Whoa G

you can buy some heat wrap tape at hardware stores and automotive stores pretty much everywhere. from there, you have to wrap it around your head sticky side out (so the foil is on the inside, trapping the heat) then wrap some other kind of tape around that to cover up the stickiness. Here's what I use (sorry about it being out of focus, it was a quick pic - hey that rhymes!):
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82034.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	540162  
Old 10-12-2006, 09:27 PM
Midget

Just outa interest, Dose the cold weather shorten the engines life???
Here in Australia it's RC all year around[>:]
Old 10-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Evader ---> MGT

Not if you keep the heat up and water out. My evader loves the snow!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Mr. Mugen

We got a few inches of snow here today............@#%^&*
Old 10-12-2006, 10:04 PM
46u

Just make sure you get your engine up to at least 220 degrees F as to cool an engine is just as bad as to hot.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Blackfoot
Banned

WOHOO, Its been snowing all afternoon and evening. Too bad its going to bet up to 50 tomorrow and isnt sticking yet.[:@] Im all ready. i have my Paddles glues and the skiis ready to be bolted on when its finally here. Oh goodie goodie gum drops, kee kee(best Roscoe P. Coletrain voice)
Old 10-13-2006, 12:02 AM
46u

It is going to get cool here as well mid 70’s during the day and mid 40’s at night.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:40 AM
125cchyperman

Yeah I here it's supposed to be a really good winter (if you like snow) Us down here in PA go off of the farmers almanac and it's not all that far off from year to year. It's supposed to snow a lot this winter and have some pretty good snow storms.

I think it's time to take the old T-maxx out and run it in the snow. I'm excited and I'm getting all ready for this to. Hopefully the old almanac doesnt lie to us.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:39 AM
dannthenitroman

Go aussie, rc season lasts your whole life

Australia rules none of this season bull :P
Old 10-13-2006, 03:09 AM
scottywilkes

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay dont u just love it mate. HEHE if u feel like runnin u just go agead and do it. No extreme hot days where i am and no extreme cold days. RC season all year sweetness
Old 10-13-2006, 05:33 AM
Nitro Fumes

You can keep that weather. Sure glad I live in the South, (GA).
Old 10-13-2006, 08:27 AM
Whoa G

46, you said i would have to put sealer all over the place? You have a rush too, so you would know that it has a radio box that is easier to seal than put a balloon(which needs sealer too, in the open end) over the radio. But you're right, if you have a radio that is out in the open, or your box is cut up for racing purposes, yes, a balloon would be better.
Old 10-13-2006, 08:34 AM
squeaky penguin

You guys think you have lots of snow. I live in a ski town in Colorado. Last year it snowed around 450 inches. Its already starting to snow this year!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Mr. Mugen

It really snuck up on us this year. Here is a pic I just took this morning. My boat was just winterized but not put in storage yet. The lawn mower even looks sad[].

Name:	Xu62456.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	540363  
Old 10-13-2006, 09:04 AM
Whoa G

ahhhh, beautiful. lol i just winterized our boat last night. i think it got down to around -5 C. Not cold by any means, but not warm either. I never said we get the most snow anywhere, but we get enough. Although, 450 inches sounds good.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:45 AM
The_Collector

Ugh...you guys are killin' me. PA winters are not fun. If I can't get to work, how can I afford my hobby(ies). [:@]
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Evader ---> MGT

I never snows in Seattle. Just rain, but 30 min into the mountains, it's like heaven. I love snow.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Mr. Mugen

Well the revo is ready for work

Name:	Fd91960.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	540421   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19488.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	540422  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.