Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which are the BEST wheels + tires for a JATO 3.3 on/off road?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Which are the BEST wheels + tires for a JATO 3.3 on/off road?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 10:12 PM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Which are the BEST wheels + tires for a JATO 3.3 on/off road?

I have the new JATO 3.3 on the way. I hear the stock tires suck off road. What are the best tires and wheels to run on and off road. MOre off road then on? Where is the best place to buy them? With wheels?
Old 10-24-2006, 10:37 PM
dannthenitroman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which are the BEST wheels + tires for a JATO 3.3 on/off road?

Geez, i hate this Question

There are no best tyres. there are just tyres made for each surface.

there are road specific tyres, there are good grass tyres. there are clay tyres, there are loam tyres. there are no best ones.

Dann
Old 10-24-2006, 10:59 PM
JUCD VPR

ORIGINAL: dannthenitroman

Geez, i hate this Question

There are no best tyres. there are just tyres made for each surface.

there are road specific tyres, there are good grass tyres. there are clay tyres, there are loam tyres. there are no best ones.

Dann
WOW! Your a HUGE help. Thanks for stating the obvious about the different types of tires. BUT i'm sure their is a good tire for on and off road isn't their?
For instance i drive a 99 Dodge Viper RT/10 (the real car) and i want the best tire for strret/drag strip driving. SO i bought BFG drag radial tires, their great for the street and hook amazing on the strip!

Now back to my question. In your opinion (anyone) what is one of the BETTER tires for on/off road driving.
I'm looking for a tire that can go on road without wearing super fast YET is good for off road driving. More off then on road please. Anyone?
Also where is the best place to buy them with the wheels?
Old 10-24-2006, 11:55 PM
dannthenitroman

ok i have a question.. can you post a pic :P

What im saying is that this is very much unlike your viper for instance, these cars have insane power to weight and to get any sort of grip offroad requires tyres so soft that they pretty well get instantly destroyed onroad.

So there is not a single tyre that will provide GOOD grip offroad while surviving onroad. I suggest, buy a set of m2 bow ties ( 4 ) and a set of 4 dirt hawgs. that will be best, but only use the bowties on dirt and grass. even then they wont last long.

Sorry for coming off like an ass b4 :P

Dann
Old 10-25-2006, 12:27 AM
JUCD VPR

ok i have a question.. can you post a pic :P

What im saying is that this is very much unlike your viper for instance, these cars have insane power to weight and to get any sort of grip offroad requires tyres so soft that they pretty well get instantly destroyed onroad.

So there is not a single tyre that will provide GOOD grip offroad while surviving onroad. I suggest, buy a set of m2 bow ties ( 4 ) and a set of 4 dirt hawgs. that will be best, but only use the bowties on dirt and grass. even then they wont last long.

Sorry for coming off like an ass b4 :P

Dann
Not a problem. I just ordered some dirt hawgs. Thanks for the advice.
You asked for pictures.
Heres a couple pics. the first on is my GF. The second one is me purging the nitrous!!

Old 10-25-2006, 01:05 AM
dannthenitroman

**** yes. thats awesome, and the car looks great too.

How scary is driving that thing, the car that is.. of course hahaha, jk. seriously though, whats the power output and is it as scary as i had always imagined?

Dann
Old 10-25-2006, 01:23 AM
JUCD VPR

**** yes. thats awesome, and the car looks great too.

How scary is driving that thing, the car that is.. of course hahaha, jk. seriously though, whats the power output and is it as scary as i had always imagined?

Dann
It pretty nuts.
A Viper is nothing like ANY car i've ever driven. I own a 91 Mustang GT also with TONS of upgrades, their both 10 second 1/4 mile cars. With the Viper you have to DRIVE the car, it puts down 600 horsepower and 820 foot pounds of torque to the REAR WHEELS on a small 150 shot of nitrous. I'm used to the power now and i want more. BUT when i first go in it, it was INTIMIDATING (and nothing intimidates me) I'm going to be adding a Roe Super charger in the next year or so and STILL spray the nitrous. Should put me around 800/1000 to the rear wheels with a 10lb pulley spraying a small shot to cool the intake. I've been drag racing since i was 16 (now i'm almost 25). But when i'm deployed i'm away from my cars so thats why i got into RC nitro cars. I have to do something to pass the time and i can only work out and sleep so much lol.

I'm like a dang roller coster ride, all my buddies stand in line for a ride in the car when i come home, and if it dosent scare them on motor (which it always does) i take them for a ride and spray it! Gets em every time lol.