Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Nitro Rustler shocks and ect.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 04:54 PM
alex k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Rustler shocks and ect.

My front shock broke on my Nitro Rustler. Do you think that these shocks will work for it http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXAMK1&P=ML ? They are made for the Nitro Evader ST but I think that they will work. And another question, where is a place where I can get Traxxas glow plugs other than tower hobbies? Thanks, Alex
Old 10-28-2006, 05:32 PM
chrobar

Default RE: Nitro Rustler shocks and ect.

Yes those shocks will work fine and the glow plugs, you can get at you local hobby shop, if you have one. I would think that tower hobbies is the best place to get stuff over the web but there are other online hobby stores. Search around alittle.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:46 PM
alex k

I dont have a lhs and I get almost everything from tower but their traxxas glow plugs are "tempararily unavailable"
Old 10-29-2006, 09:23 AM
chrobar

well, you don't have to get traxxas glow plugs, other work just as well or even better. Traxxas says to use their glow plugs so that they can get more money. There are many different brands of glow plugs so just get a different brand of one. I run with dynamite plugs.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:55 PM
alex k

The traxxas glow plugs have a different end so that they work with the easy start. I tryed just using a normal glow plug and glow-starter but it didnt work. Ill check out the dynamite plugs, they're designed like the traxxas plugs right?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:58 PM
ford f150

that is incorrect any glowplug will work with the ez start i use mccoy #8
Old 10-29-2006, 10:00 PM
alex k

My Tower Power plugs dont. Today we had family over and I wanted to show off my car so I went and got a normal glow-plug and filed it down until it fit in the ez start, problem solved. And another thing, I was jumping over the creek today and I ended up only hitting the side of the ramp and I completely submerged the rusty. I grabbed it and un-flooded the engine and started it right up. I was sure that I would have killed the ez start.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:35 PM
NitroSport22

no no no no no.... not all plugs work w/ the easy start..... traxxas plugs and some other companies have the tip of the plug made nerrow so that the blue wire will attach and stay attached

i have a NS so i know..
Old 10-30-2006, 08:02 PM
alex k

Just got done runnin the rusty. Its runnin like a champ even though I have a home-made "Traxxas glow plug" and it was under water yesterday. Gosh dang this car is tough, only broke two things so far, a shock and suspension arm mount.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:53 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

ok alot of glow plugs work for the ez-start and you dont have to have traxxas glow plugs if you go with different one they work better i should know cause i have a nitro rustler and i ask my local hobbie shop and they said the traxxas glow plugs are mainly for break-in if you keep using them its will be harder to start so go with a different make of glow plug other that traxxas, ill see for you what king of glow plug im running in my nitro rustler and by the way you probably dont want to jump over creeks or water with the ez start sytem or some (mostly) nitro cars, so yeah just a little tip stay near dry area's.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:34 PM
alex k

Ya, the area of the creek I tried to jump over was about 4 feet wide, so I wasnt worried, until I went in. Didnt hurt the easy start at all (I got super lucky) Let me know what other glow plugs work with the ez start.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

ok ill go get my rustler and try to find the new glow plug i just bought,where did i put it[sm=50_50.gif]
Old 11-01-2006, 07:16 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

ok i found it its call a "McCoy MC-9" glow plug used for high nitro fuel 25% nitro or higher so what ever you are running if your running higher than 25% nitro use this plug but if not use the "McCoy MC-59" used for low or medium nitro anywhere below 25% nitro ok now ill give you the site where you can buy them.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRA03&P=0]McCoy MC-9[/link]

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRA06&P=0]McCoy MC-59[/link]

there you go the best glow plugs for ez starters hands down
Old 11-01-2006, 08:05 PM
alex k

Thanx
Old 11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
buckmaster119
Banned

your welcome tell me if you order them!!!