Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: RC10 GT2 RTR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC10 GT2 RTR

I was thinking about trying the ground side of the rc hobby, and came across the RC10 GT2. I noticed though that the RTR is cheaper than the kit which does not come with anything. Is there anything wrong with the RTR version. I would probably get a Futaba two channel radio though. One other question for now, the bodies do not come prepainted, correct?

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RC10 GT2 RTR

i would assume the body is prepainted right out of the box. considering it is RTR
    I think Bigfoot is blurry, that\'\'s the problem. There\'\'s a large out-of-focus monster roaming the countryside.
    -Mitch Hedberg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The RTR comes assembled with engine and radio equipment. The kit is more expensive, not assembled, but is aimed more at racing because it is made of graphite, anodized aluminium etc. There's nothing wrong with the RTR and you can upgrade it with hop up parts to make it like the kit version ( I'd wait until I break parts and then replace them with the hop up parts)

I too decided to try the ground part of the hobby last year ( been flying planes for 17 years ) and love it.

The RTR comes with a pre-painted body.
    Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

if you are going to race the kit is best off. but if you want the truck for fun or "light racing" the RTR should be good for you... they are the same design as far as I know... the kit just comes with better parts - factory hop ups...
    RB V.12 powered Jato - 9R
    and many others that are for bashing...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, the kit has the all eyecandy and goodies that are nice to have.

The RTR comes with a 50$ engine and 20$ radio system....

I always tell people to build a kit..You will know your car from top to bottem and know how it works.Plus you throw in a 100$ and a decent radio and you have what the best use..almost.
    www.factorynoviceracing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The problem I see with GT2 Factory Team is that it's for non-pull start engines only, unless there is chassis mount to support pull-start?! []

I don't have starter boxes, battery sticks & charger and I will be bashing most of the time so GT2 RTR is ideal one for me?
    www.garysrc.co.uk

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think the RTR is a good choice.

Go to this link and there's a link called "graphite myths exploded", on the left side of the page that should help you decide.

http://www.rc10.com/racerhub/techhelp/tech_help.htm
    Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RTR is a good way to start. its the same chassis n since it comes with a motor it allows you to learn to tune the motor before you drop $300 on a motor n all that. my truck srated as a RTR n now is far from it, check out mypics in my profile,n i was able to build it up as the $ was available n still ablr to play with it in the meen time. i do recomend buying the Venom fail safe system. its $50 but protects you against over heating , it shows you engine temp n protects against radio interfierence and "run aways"