Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Jato Starting

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Pconn5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jato Starting

I was just wondering what type of starting systems people are using on there Jato's. Im sick of going to use my Jato and the EZ start battery being dead. I hate how it always dies after starting it one time. So is a pull start worth it?? Starter box?? I was just wondering what would be easier and the most efficient. Also would using a glow igniter and the EZ start be help a lot. This would be the easiest thing i can think of and if it would help then i would do that!!

Also how can you turn off a jato without taking the body off every time?? I like using the installed fuel line clip and dont want to block off the exhaust or any of those methods. any way to get to the clip without taking the body off all the time??
Old 11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
So Cal

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Jato Starting

I dont know what is a goood starting method...but i just let it run out of gas..(oh and i have a nitro x-c)
Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

I'm using the E-Z Start. Maybe you need a better battery. Mine lasts 20+ starts (only a 1500mah battery). If I know that I am going to run several times, I will charge the E-Z Start battery ahead of time.

If my E-Z Start system ever fails, I will remove it all and either switch to a pullstart with ignitor or a tigerdrive with ignitor. The pullstarts are nice because the ignitor is the only thing seperate & is really light and is super easy to carry.

A buddy of mine (With a Revo 2.5) ruined his E-Z start (Landed in a 1' deep puddle) and switched to a pullstart. He is very happy with the switch and has never looked back.

If you are not a racer, a starter box is just a PITA.

As far as stopping, I either plug the exhaust (temporary stop) or let it run out of gas (done for the day or week). I rarely have the body off in order to use the fuel line pinch tool.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:24 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive never had any probs w/ my ez start battery ..... it holds enough cranking juice and more even on my most demanding days.... which is about 10+- tanks tops, it will usually run out of gas w/ out having to restart, even if the would die out, it only takes me 15 or so mins to recharge it, no big deal. before i leave its fully charged
Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 AM
bobn911

Pconn5, First off richen the LSN just a tad. That will help to keep it from stalling after it starts. I use the EZ-Start and really like it. For the first start of the day, I use a glow ignitor to help save the battery in the wand. After the engine warms up some, I reconnect the blue wire. Hope that helps. I'm Done, Bob
Old 11-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Pconn5

Ok, thanks for all the advice. I think i am just not charging my battery enough then. I will try to get a full charge in and see how it works
also i am propably going to get a glow ignitor also. A pull start would be nice to only have the ignitor to put a battery in but it seems like a bit
of a hassel too. thanks for the advice.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:30 PM
R_man_5k
My Feedback: (14)

for my bash jato with the 3.3 I use a pull start. mostly just becuase I hate having one more thing to carry. Just having to have the glow ignitor in my pocket is enough for me...

for my .12 jato I use my starer box. well for that matter I normally use it for the fist start on the 3.3 too... then just go to the pull start so that I don't have to walk back to my garage or temp pit area if I am at the park or something bashing...
Old 11-18-2006, 10:20 PM
justjato

The E-Z Start on my Jato 3.3 works just fine, usually lasts 20-30 starts. There was an article I saw on Remote Start for your Jato 3.3 in the Nov. 2006 issue of Xtreme RC Cars magazine, pg. 138. I tried the mods and it works primo! Talk about easy, just flip a switch. Hope this helps...back to some night-time bashin.
[8D]
Old 11-19-2006, 09:02 AM
Pconn5

Do you have any info on the remote start. I don't have the magazine and can't find the mod. is it expensive? or is it really hard to do??
Old 11-19-2006, 09:55 AM
hayabusagreg

I`ve been using my EZ start for my Jato about a month with no problem`s..however a starter box is the ticket and it never fail`s... I have 2 starter box`s...one`s for sale !
Old 11-20-2006, 01:00 PM
thundir3

I use a pull start on my Jato, I was getting sick of dead starter batteries. I'm happier with it now, but as the motor gets older it will become a pain in the butt. I use a glow igniter w/ a single C cell.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:25 PM
dude7422

TRY TO(PEAK )CHARGE YOUR BATTERY [sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][link]http://www.myspace.com/111756219[/link]
Old 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
JKernel12

on the remote starting subject, im not sure how it works but if you want to try or learn about it it you could go to rc411.com (x-treme rcs home page) and click videos. from there you can click 'remote start your jato'. they will then play a video going through the steps

hope it helped, justin
Old 04-17-2007, 11:48 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Nice avatar, where did you get it.
Old 04-17-2007, 12:34 PM
jvs8864

ORIGINAL: Pconn5

Do you have any info on the remote start. I don't have the magazine and can't find the mod. is it expensive? or is it really hard to do??

i just watched the vid and emailed the guy asking how he did it so ill get back to you if/when he replies
Old 04-18-2007, 06:52 AM
jato757

ORIGINAL: Pconn5

I was just wondering what type of starting systems people are using on there Jato's. Im sick of going to use my Jato and the EZ start battery being dead. I hate how it always dies after starting it one time. So is a pull start worth it?? Starter box?? I was just wondering what would be easier and the most efficient. Also would using a glow igniter and the EZ start be help a lot. This would be the easiest thing i can think of and if it would help then i would do that!!

Also how can you turn off a jato without taking the body off every time?? I like using the installed fuel line clip and dont want to block off the exhaust or any of those methods. any way to get to the clip without taking the body off all the time??

why not just use a roto start? they are as light as a pullstart, and start the truck almost instantly...this one works with the 2.5 and 3.3:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXEVM9&P=ML

then you get rid of all of that excess EZ start weight, and it's WAY easier to start. I only charge these batteries about once a week.

take care.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:13 AM
jvs8864

thats a good idea jato 757 and at 40 it isnt a bad deal
thanks