Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 02:05 PM
IronHorse10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Thanks. I used Testors Enamel (Flat Black).
Old 09-03-2008, 04:04 PM
mercerbeef

theres a paint out, that i can't remember the of, its made for painting patio furnature. it drys super tough and doesn't chip, a guy we race with painted the chassis of his t4 blue with it and its holding up. 4 years now he says. the only draw back is it takes about 7 days to cure lol 1 day to dry to a touch.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
cgad18

iron horse is that spray paint?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
IronHorse10

ORIGINAL: cgad18

iron horse is that spray paint?
Yeah, this stuff [link]http://www.testors.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=1377[/link].
I don't know how long it will last but we'll see.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:20 AM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

ORIGINAL: BlindObject

Yepp, 3.3. In take off it barely kept up with me, but in speed my Storm outrun him big time. I think his needles are screwed up.

I'll take a video this thursday when I hit the nearby dirt track. k?
I would say something is screwed up cause a jato 2.5 will smoke a storm,I know cause I have one.If the Jato is tuned right and the driver can drive you would have no chance so keep dreaming
Hm..Idk about that. I believe if the 3.3 was tuned right it could kill my firestorm, but a 2.5? Naah.
LMFAO KEEP DREAMING.A firestorm is slow a jato is not 6o mph plus with a jato,35 maybe with a storm.You must be new to rc or the storm is your first nitro cause a firestorm is far from being on pace with a Jato.Keep dreaming a jato will flat out smoke your mighty stormMaybe your just Blind and thought you won.
Either way,I know one thing the Firestorm could whoop the Jato in....Like most HPI trucks,the Firestorm is no exception.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:30 PM
rclynx

Either way,I know one thing the Firestorm could whoop the Jato in....
That answer is easy PRICE

LOL
Old 09-04-2008, 09:57 PM
NitroNate

Then I'd say I know at LEAST one.
LOL
Old 09-05-2008, 10:50 AM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

Damn, I just ran my firestorm off road for the first time, and it's the most fun I've had off road. It jumps so well. I'm gonna try to get a video whenever I can.

I thought the tires would grip a bit more, but still pretty good. This afternoon I'm going back since the park is right next to my house, literally. My friend might mount his off road on his JATO and we're gonna rip around a bit.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:50 PM
nitro-rob

I bought some Proline Masher 2000 tires. They have a 4.5 inch profile and make the back of the truck sit a little too high. Can anyone recommend a good front tire with the same or similar diameter? The stock tires are 4 inch.

I drove with the stock fronts with the taller rear tires and the truck handled poorly but I was surprised about how peppy the truck still was...it was a bit slower on the bottom end but still had plenty of power with the tall tires to slide.

Does anyone else run a higher profile tire? If so, what do you think of it.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:51 PM
nitro-rob

I just bought Proline Badlands for the front but havn't mounted them yet (no rims). It should look cool, though, will be in touch.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:45 PM
NitroNate

Does anyone else run a higher profile tire? If so, what do you think of it.

Higher profile tires make jumping and bashing a lot funner.Higher jumps are less threatening also,due to more suspension travel and 'softer' tires.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 PM
NitroNate

I know this is a ST thread,but I think you'd like to know HPI'S newest gasser!!

http://www.hpiracing.com/press/10620.html
Old 09-05-2008, 11:06 PM
nitro-rob

Gee Nate, I have to get a new camera to get some photos up. I have a set of road rage tires on bead locks for the street and the badlands/masher combination for off road now. The road rage cut the diameter down half an inch and the other combination is half an inch higher so I will likely keep the stock gearing as a reasonable compromise.

I decided to take my truck off road exclusively now, the asphalt seems to be a lot harder on it than dirt, especially the curbs.

Gripes I want to share about driving on the street - neighbourhood kids that run out and get in the way and are a pain and ask stupid questions. Then there are the guys in cars that slow down or stop to watch for a bit, blocking my driving, creating a standoff where I am waiting for them to move so I can drive and they are waiting for the truck to move to see it drive. I usually end up yelling at them.....

I need to find a better place to drive close by.........
Old 09-05-2008, 11:48 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Gee Nate, I have to get a new camera to get some photos up. I have a set of road rage tires on bead locks for the street and the badlands/masher combination for off road now. The road rage cut the diameter down half an inch and the other combination is half an inch higher so I will likely keep the stock gearing as a reasonable compromise.

I decided to take my truck off road exclusively now, the asphalt seems to be a lot hard on it, especially the curbs.

Gripes I want to share about driving on the street - neighbourhood kids that run out and get in the way and are a pain and ask stupid questions. Then ther are people in cars. Then there are the guys in cars that slow down or stop to watch for a bit, blocking my driving, creating a standoff where I am waiting for them to move so I can drive and they are waiting for the truck to move to see it drive. I usually end up yelling at them.....

I need to find a better place to drive close by.........

LOL!!

That happens on my street all the time. A lady with some kids asked me if one of her kids could drive it for a moment, I directly declined it. She asked why and I said that it's a lot of money and etc. She insisted and said that he was only gonna pull the trigger, so I told her if she was WILLING to pay FULL price for the car if anything broke on it for that moment, she asked me how much the car is, so I told her it was 270+upgrades which are about 60 so 330+ and she gave up right away. LOL!

However, that was the very wrong reason why I declined it, I just didn't want filthy kids hands on it, I ******* hate kids with a passion. I got a kick out of her mentally challenged kid running after the car though...ROFL

Luckily, I have a park that's right next to my house and it has a couple of very nice dirt jumps on it, I'm gonna try to get my girl-friend to take pictures or a video. My driving with it on loose ground is so much better now that I got used to it. I was used to my Duratrax which wasn't as fast.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:52 PM
cgad18

hey let me know how it holds up.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:47 AM
nitro-rob

I have a two year old and he behaves better than the neighbourhood kids because he has been taught how to act around the trucks and is around them often. There are a lot of little kids who have crappy electrics and think the nitro's are the same thing. I also hate their stupid questions that are asked at Jato-speed while I am focusing on not hitting curbs (sorry, had to dig that into some wounds).

I have a park that is a minute away with two baseball diamonds but no jumps. I usually carry the trucks and gear out with a big wagon there and will make a quick wooden jump to carry out too...maybe this weekend. The problem with the baseball diamond is the dust and excessively long clean which I don't mind and the rest of the park grass hasn't been good for the truck. I hope the taller profile tires would help but I also recently purchased a couple of monsters as projects that will eventually get to the park. I fear there is only about three months of driving left this season, I won't drive in the winter.

Here is my take on the Jato vs. Firestorm. The FS doesn't go 65, if it did it would be plastered all over its advertisements? I doubt an RC manufacturer would not promote that kind of speed if a truck had those capabilities. Acceleration is another thing, but I doubt they traded off on top end speed on the bottom end, especially with a two-speed tranny. Its best to compare one-speed to one-speed, and if the 3.3 is in a one speed it would wind like hell and have incredible acceleration because of the lack of ratio range.

Of course this is just a logic argument. In general I hear the traxxas engines really scream, they get a lot out of a small block. I love my FS but have to be objective when it comes to performance.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:21 PM
mercerbeef

any reason why you don't drive in winter? we rubber(water proof) up the radios in ours and buy tires and rims that look seem to get good traction in snow, then have a screwing party. lol get your mind outa the gutter. we sit around studding the tires and having a few brews. last set we did was for my friends t4, a set of proline dirt works and some 1/4" wood screws. we never did it befor so we kinda over did it with the screws lol, we put one per grip lol. i got pics some where i'll post when i find em
Old 09-06-2008, 08:02 PM
nitro-rob

I usually have other projects going on in the winter and take a break from driving. Plus, I take the time to do a thorough tear down on all the trucks and focus on building and selling. I have only had one winter so far so this is hardly a trend, but I plan on doing the same this year. It all comes down to the fact that I don't like the winter. But you have convinced me....maybe I will take the Savage out and try to bust some drifts and snow piles....snow is softer than curbs.

Tomorrow I make a good portable ramp to take to the park. Whenever I get around to buying a new camera I will post some photos (the spare cash is going to RC right now).

I am having TRX 2.5 R problems and can't find an appropriate forum, can anybody suggest?

Old 09-06-2008, 08:06 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

I usually have other projects going on in the winter and take a break from driving. Plus, I take the time to do a thorough tear down on all the trucks and focus on building and selling. I have only had one winter so far so this is hardly a trend, but I plan on doing the same this year. It all comes down to the fact that I don't like the winter. But you have convinced me....maybe I will take the Savage out and try to bust some drifts and snow piles....snow is softer than curbs.

Tomorrow I make a good portable ramp to take to the park. Whenever I get around to buying a new camera I will post some photos (the spare cash is going to RC right now).

I am having TRX 2.5 R problems and can't find an appropriate forum, can anybody suggest?

hey rob i have been having TRX 2.5 problems too. I'm about 95% sure (based on these forums) that it is was a dud and is worn out after only like 2.5 gallons. Maybe i could help you out. What are your problems?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
nitro-rob

Has anyone had to rebuild their G3? How much fuel have you guys run through your trucks before rebuilding or how much have you used so far? Just curious.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

Well my days with the Firestorm are over. It is a beautiful and durable truck but just not offroad enough for me. I have a Revo 3.3 and I love that truck because the only thing that will stop it is a wall and even then I can drive across a wall with it. The Firestorm needs a pretty flat section of terrain or a race track to drive on. It gets stuck in places my Revo would destroy!! I recently took my my Firestorm and my Revo out to this construction site behind my house where they are building a walgreens or something(pretty mad because I bought this house because there was nothing but trees behind it and it was pretty private back there) and drove both of them around the site which had alot of flat dirt areas but there were still small roots of the trees sticking out of the ground about 3 inches and the Firestorm would actually get caught on them where my Revo would just pound them back into the ground. Also there were deep tire tracks from the bull dozers that my Revo would just fly over and the Storm would get stuck in. What I am getting at is the Storm is not for me because it won't go EVERYWHERE. I love the look and quickness of it but I am going to get another truck.
I think I am going to get an E-maxx 16.8 water proof truck for my kids and I to play with. They can't drive my Revo or the Storm because they are too young and the trucks are too complicated for them. The Maxx is very kid friendly. I can set it at 50% power so they can learn how to manuver it around with slamming it into things at full power.
My days with the Storm have been fun and exciting but it is going to Arizona hopefully where the guy is going to convert it to a road car.
I want to personnally thank Nitro Nate, and all the guys that have given me advice and support on this truck.
Heck maybe one day I will buy another Storm. Ya never know!![8D]

Take care all and Godspeed!!![>:]
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
nitro-rob

I agree the FS isn't the most versatile truck with its low clearance and am switching to the Savage and T maxx as my work horses. But I still love the FS and will drive it in appropriate situations. I took it to the park the other day and it struggled in the grass, then again, so did my nitro sport.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Pauole

Has anyone had problems with their G3.0? Mine wont start no matter what i try after only one gallon of fuel through it. Anyone else had troubles after only a gallon or so?
Old 09-07-2008, 07:21 AM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you check your glow plug? unless the motor was run overly hot for a long period of time it should be fine for 8+ gallons of fuel.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
mercerbeef

nitronate i 'm running the proline 30 series badlands on trx rims, they give more ground clearance and handle pretty good, don't have any good profile pics of the nitro so heres my estm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36660.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	1028341   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84413.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	1028342   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28979.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1028343  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.