Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:56 AM
sapper ion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

here is a very raw chopped up video of my firestorm, it spawns off to some very nice videos other people have put on there though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwF4haB0wtY
Old 03-11-2007, 02:29 AM
hillbilie

nice! here is a crappy vid of mine i took real quick, i want to get some good footage of mine next weekend, and make a nice vid of the firestorm in different places doing different things, and maby put it to some background music and stuff, i have never edited a video so it should be fun.

heres some quick footage i shot today http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...restorm021.flv
Old 03-11-2007, 09:45 AM
sapper ion

cool, but I think your idle is set a little high, hense why it just quits like that, or atleast thats how i fixed mine
Old 03-11-2007, 12:51 PM
hillbilie

ORIGINAL: sapper ion

cool, but I think your idle is set a little high, hense why it just quits like that, or atleast thats how i fixed mine

my idle is high? my truck dosent creep at all while idling, so i thought it was good?
Old 03-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Oscardms

Hey guys, Have any of you installed a failsafe in your truck yet. I bought an XTM failsave, http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146077.asp , and I don't know where to put it. I know I have to install it between the receiver and the Throttle Servo, but I just don't know where to place it. Anybody have any pics of where they put theirs? Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:28 PM
sapper ion

If you watch the first part of the street scene, mine ran away from me, I forgot to put the antena up, But yes because of that I bought a failsafe, I also got the roto start conversion kits "I ended up putting a savage one way on it because the one on there doesn't fit any of the rotostart gears" I also slapped a gps on mine today.

With the 19 Tooth clutch it goes 33.7 mph, I will be putting on the 21 tooth and the 17 tooth tomorrow "as soon as I figure out how to get the clutch off with out a piston lock"
Old 03-12-2007, 07:33 PM
sapper ion

Mine wasn't creeping either, It only took like a half of a turn to keep it running.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:59 PM
billdo76

ORIGINAL: Oscardms

Hey guys, Have any of you installed a failsafe in your truck yet. I bought an XTM failsave, http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/146077.asp , and I don't know where to put it. I know I have to install it between the receiver and the Throttle Servo, but I just don't know where to place it. Anybody have any pics of where they put theirs? Thanks.

Yeah, I had that failsafe, I had it on my car for a whole 90 minutes. It thought it detected a battery drop and refused to allow my engine to go anywhere, the battery was fine and when I got closer to my car, it made my car's throttle open up wide and my car took off from me and crashed into a tree. Luckily no damage, but I took it back and the hobby shop that I bought it from stated NO REFUNDS, so I asked the guy to look out the window, I grabbed some electrical tape and taped it to the tread of my real cars tire and spun out while flipping the guy off. Needless to say I will never buy another failsafe again. Also after talking to the guys at my regular hobby shop I was told to stay away from fail safes and instead get one of these............

[link=http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/701699.asp]Volt Watch 2[/link]
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
sapper ion

That is exactly what my lhs said also, they are more problems then they are help
Old 03-14-2007, 08:24 AM
rclynx

Things work and things don't work. Why would a LHS say a fail safe doesn't work? [sm=48_48.gif]Oh yea its all about the parts they sell from run away cars that find walls and tree's and stuff. You better take a pole m8 because there are far more people out there that swear by the operation of a fail safe and if you have a good Radio set up it is built in. You got a bad unit or hooked it up wrong. I have hundreds of them out there and a few have had problems but most people thank me for installing them on there cars and trucks. [:-]
Old 03-14-2007, 10:55 AM
Oscardms

Well, does anybody have any pics of where theirs is placed. There's hardly any room in the box so I want to see where some people put theirs.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:52 AM
sapper ion

My guess is one thing you could do is put it outside the box between the frame, but i dont know
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Oscardms

Well, I got it in yesterday. It was kind of a pain since there is hardly any room in the receiver box, but what I did was stick the actual unit on the side of the box next to the throttle servo and just kept all the wiring inside the box. Tight fit, but it looks clean. Tested it out and it works great. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:15 AM
buggymangp

hey guys
i`m a new owner of a firestorm.
is anybody else missing pages 18 and 19 in the owner manual.
those pages are blank in mine.
i only got to thumb thur the manual last night.
the first thing i`m doing this weekend is upgrading the servos and radio to a dx 3.0.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:23 AM
billdo76

ORIGINAL: rclynx

Things work and things don't work. Why would a LHS say a fail safe doesn't work? [sm=48_48.gif]Oh yea its all about the parts they sell from run away cars that find walls and tree's and stuff. You better take a pole m8 because there are far more people out there that swear by the operation of a fail safe and if you have a good Radio set up it is built in. You got a bad unit or hooked it up wrong. I have hundreds of them out there and a few have had problems but most people thank me for installing them on there cars and trucks. [:-]
Well considering since the fail safe was for my MT2 which is all aluminum and titanium, I don't think my hobby shop is worried about making any money off of that truck because I have yet to spend any money at my LHS for that truck. They know where I get my parts for it. Also on another note, the manager at the hobby shop is one of my good friends. I am not sure how sheisty your hobby shop is but my local hobby shop is straight forward and won't tell you to buy something or not buy something to make some extra money. They are the type that will be honest and straight forward with you so you will keep coming back.

The bottom line is, a fail-safe is not needed. You just have to be smart and know the limitations of your radio and car and keep your car within those limitations. That is why I just recommend installing a battery indicator, that way you know the limitations of your battery. Plain and simple.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:32 AM
billdo76

You might want to get the manual online and print it out or at least print out the pages you need. Page 18 is wheel maintenance and page 19 is wheel and clutch maintenance. Or you can just give HPI a call and tell them your issue and I am sure they will send out another manual to you.
ORIGINAL: buggymangp

hey guys
i`m a new owner of a firestorm.
is anybody else missing pages 18 and 19 in the owner manual.
those pages are blank in mine.
i only got to thumb thur the manual last night.
the first thing i`m doing this weekend is upgrading the servos and radio to a dx 3.0.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:22 AM
buggymangp

thanks bill
i`m just going to download the manual off the net.
did anybody else have pages that were blank?
i was hoping to install the radio,servos and break it in this weekend.
but i`m getting hit with a major snow storm right now.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:48 PM
rclynx

billdo76 you need to learn how to pay attention or read I don't know which. Fail safes do a lot more good than harm and that terrible Hobby shop you seem to want to run your mouth about is my own Hobby shop. Now I know your the number one authority on RC cars and much smarter than I am but you need to be SMART when your start making suggestions as to the validity of a persons statement. There are a lot of people out there that need a failsafe and then of course there is YOU and I'm sure you tested the unit you had installed extensivly and it worked perfect except when you needed it. But that doesn't mean you have the right to make shoddy statements after that about other people. I only pointed out what was possible in jest and made recommendations. There are hundreds of bad products out there that are there for no other reason but bling or to get someones money for no reason. A failsafe is not one of those. [:@]
Old 03-16-2007, 06:56 PM
JohnnyReptile

So far from what I have read in this forum is very usefull. I am planning to get a Firestorm in the next couple of weeks, if not sooner. I just saw that HOBBYPEOPLE.NET has it for $229.99. I currentlly have a Savage X that I have had for a year now and I love HPI. I have been toying around with the idea of getting a stadium truck for a while now. I think it is time to just get it. Because I have no idea how long the price will be that low. I would like to know what hop-ups I should get right away, and if there is anything I need to stay away from? I plan on ordering the roto start back plate when I order the truck. Thanx in advance for any info.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:23 PM
sapper ion

The Clutch bells are pretty nice.
And even though I have no idea what is in the shocks allready i would suggest stronger shock oil, it is kind of soft.

Other then that pending on how hard you bash couple front end parts, I have seen in here that some have broken theres.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:18 AM
buggymangp

hey guys
my firestorm was waiting for me when i got home form work
last friday.
the first thing i did was replace the stock radio and servos.
i took apart the shocks and replaced the oil with 50w and heavier springs.
the other thing i didn`t like was the way the battery wire ran under the engine.
so i rerouted that. i also replaced the pull starter with a savage roto starter.
i ran 2 tanks thru it yesterday breaking it in. i still can`t do any WOT yet. still need to
run more fuel thru it.
but so far this truck is great.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Drifter240

I've seen one run at my local track, and at first i couldn't tell what it was, but then i saw the HPI sticker. It is fast, probably to fast, and it had some trouble hooking up on the indoor clay track. I am getting one next week, has anyone started to fool around and try to put new bodies on theres? I know the one i saw had a Silverado body. Just wondering. Also any dish wheels? and has anyone done a review on it yet online somwhere?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Oscardms

I took mine to a local track this weekend and I think it was a little too fast for me. I also noticed that when I would go WOT, it would steer to the right. How could I go about fixing this?
Old 03-19-2007, 10:58 AM
Drifter240

might just be your trim, other than that i can't help much. I don't know much about there design yet. Check to see that the suspension travels equaly on all corners.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:16 AM
buggymangp

ORIGINAL: Drifter240

I've seen one run at my local track, and at first i couldn't tell what it was, but then i saw the HPI sticker. It is fast, probably to fast, and it had some trouble hooking up on the indoor clay track. I am getting one next week, has anyone started to fool around and try to put new bodies on theres? I know the one i saw had a Silverado body. Just wondering. Also any dish wheels? and has anyone done a review on it yet online somwhere?
i tried my mt 2 body on it and it just don`t fit right.
i also got offset proline wheels for it but i`ll wear out the stock tires first/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.