Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

In the glow plug hole and carburetor, turn it over a bunch of times, add more, turn it over a bunch of times. Make sure the area around the glow plug hole is clean so no dirt gets in. It sounds to me like you aren't relying on or have read your manual. You really have to read it first when you need to know something, its mostly all in there. Don't rely on us as a first source for help.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
fastandloud

well i enjoyed that little after run lesson

Reading your manual is sooo important. I sold the truck that the kid across the street couldnt handle today! Did he read the manual?? Nope..still in the plastic LOL
"It doesnt work I want warranty"
Luckily Im confident that the storm has a good new home with a kid that can understand, Run, and maintain an internal combustion engine.

Could pulling my exhaust pipe apart a while ago have something to do with my whistling? Im not seeing any leaks from the header back. My buddy says he likes the whistle my car makes but im not sure if its bad or if I should just ignore it .

Oh yeah..any one run proline sandpaws? Im considering getting a sand tire setup for my storm? opinions?

Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM
nitro-rob

I had sandpaws. The thought of sand getting all over my storm and possibly inside keeps me from running it on the beach, though. The whistling has me baffled. Does it increase in intnsity or pitch when you rev it?

The manual is key to understanding the truck and I can't understand how people can drive their truck without reading it. Its not that long, there are about ten pages of relevant text. Also, in the forum here there are 223 pages of good information that is meant for people to look through. I always read through a forum before posting. If I have to tell people about the servo saver nut going loose easily, stock clutch spring breaking easily (and the savage clutch being better) again I am going to hang myself from the rafters of my house. There have been a few times people posted a problem that was discussed just a few posts above! It points to a lack of effort in problem solving which is essential in running these trucks. They aren't toys and need to be understood and not just driven and have the problems passed on to others.

I had an argument with someone in the CEN forum who was complaining that the customer service was terrible. They had the truck for a few years and are still relying on tech support! I am not surprised CEN isn't interested in hearing from them for every problem they have.

Rant over.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:21 PM
fastandloud

I mainly notice it just as i come out of idle and at low speeds when getting on and off the throttle. when its rippin i dont really notice it.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Road Warrior
My Feedback: (1)

How clean is your air filter?
Old 04-02-2010, 10:34 PM
fastandloud

Pretty clean id say, I clean it after each bash session in the dirt. I have a video where u can hear it but i have to get it onto my computer.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Road Warrior

Post it
Old 04-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Critofer1995

i have read my manuel, i just didn't know how much to spray into the engine, a little or alot.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
Road Warrior

just a little but make sure you pull it a bunch to work it throughout the motor. The more you spray the harder it will be to start and the petrolium distilites inside will eventually over time eat the rubber on bearing seals and leak. So it is not needed if you are going to be driving the car in a couple of days or later on that week. Wd works but you would be better off with actual after run oil. After run has pro's and con's. It is a argument all in itself for the effects and what you can use. Wd 40, marvel mystery oil, after run, and I have even heard of people using transmission fluid for a real car.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:28 AM
Goldski 2

I dont use wd-40 or after run oil, i just use morgan fuel sidewinder, it has stuff in it that does the same stuff as wd-40 or after run oil, not that it matters since i run my storm 1 out of 3 days or more anyway. also i think the reason for my steering being so weak was a switch going bad.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:41 AM
Critofer1995

okay, well i havent ran my FS for about 3 or 4 months now cause it broke and i just didnt have time to get it fixed, but the parts come today = D
Old 04-03-2010, 07:42 PM
msdtyu

i know this is kind of random but whats a better basher the firestorm or rc10 gt2 thanks
Old 04-03-2010, 07:49 PM
nitro-rob

I don't know, the trucks are fairly even as far as design from what I can tell. I think the RC10 is intended more for the track and the FS a basher especially since the G3 engine isn't legal for official racing.

Do the RC10's have hex hubs or do they have the axle pin design? I would prefer the hex's over the pin axles, there is a large rim selection for them.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Critofer1995

My car is screwed up, what happened was i let had a little gas left in the tank and i wont be running it for about a week because im leaving for spring break, so i left my car on idle for the rest of the tank of gas. when i came out after it ran out of gas the spur gear has melted and about 1/4 of it melted flat. and the clutch bell turned a purle blue color like metal does when it gets super hot. the car is in factory settings so it is running rich.
now i cant get it to even start, i think i blew the engine, but what has me confused is that this happened when it was just idleing.

here are some pics, sorry for the bad quality i took them with my cell.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10732.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1411219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59276.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	1411220  
Old 04-03-2010, 08:51 PM
msdtyu

its quick realese pin hubs
Old 04-03-2010, 09:00 PM
nitro-rob

I had a clutch bell get really hot once and it had a rainbow kind of finish on it afterwards. The tires were too tall and the truck was over geared.

The only way a clutch bell gets hot like that is by rubbing the clutch shoes. I wonder if your clutch spring was worn out enough to let the clutch shoes engage the clutch bell and rub it but not enough to slow the engine down enough to stall.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:04 PM
Critofer1995

well i dont know how to check that, also i have only had this since this recent x-mas and havent run it that much.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Blueroost40

Can anyone confirm that the firestorm has an in-tank fuel filter? Also, can anyone confirm whether or not putting a fuel filter in the back pressure line accomplishes anything? Ive been told it stops contaminents from the pipe getting into your fuel tank and actually cools down the exhaust gases from your pipe thus improving your engines performance?
Old 04-05-2010, 07:13 PM
nitro-rob

The firestorm doesn't have an in-tank fuel filter. Putting a fuel filter on the pressure line is a bit redundant, you are better off putting a filter on the fuel like to stop all contaminants from getting in. Cooling down exhaust gases - its the first I've heard of it and it.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Blueroost40

Yea atm i have a  fuel filter on the line from the tank to the car. I was just curious because i read it somewhere on the internet and wondered whether it was true.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Road Warrior

I thought there was a filter around the pickup on the bottom of the tank. If you are concerned about the temp of the fuel going up from the gasses coming into the tank New Era or Hot Racing sells in line coolers just for that reason. It is over kill in my opinion and you would have to be a hard core racer to even notice a change in anything which would be minimal at best. If You wanted to increase performance put a one way valve in the pressure line. This would help more than anything
Old 04-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Truck10

I've been browsing the site for some time and finally decided to post some pics of my Firestorm. Recently did an engine swap to an LRP .18, have had very good luck with the Lrp's in my other cars. The install was pretty simple, no mods to the chassis were necessary, although about 3/8 have to be removed from the crank shaft to allow the pilot shaft to tighten against the flywheel. The pullstart had to be swapped for a roto start do to limited room from the head pipe from the THS system. The Firestorms are great trucks IMO, probably the funnist car for me to drive.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89807.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1414404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21889.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1414405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63647.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1414406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gz75679.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1414407  
Old 04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Blueroost40

Hey guys, i need to know the ABSOLUTE best tires for dirt and short matted downgrass, made by HPI. My tires are just about toast from all the pavement runs and tire spinning. Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:49 PM
nitro-rob

Truck10 - good looking and clean storm. Are those teambluestar shocks? I have a pair and they look very similar.

Blueroost - There is no ultimate tire, there are many. I like dirtworks.

I didn't think there was a filter in the storm tank but might be getting mixed up with the MT2.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Truck10

Nitro Rob, They are Team BlueStar shocks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.