Old 07-05-2016, 08:59 PM
nitro-rob

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sorry, missed this post earlier. The sky is the limit with servos but the SF-1 isn't really that bad, I would focus on a better steering servo. The hitec 625, 645 or 5625 are good options and Savox has a ton of great servos over all price ranges. Anything metal gear. Some guys I know do well with trackstar servos but I don't know what number they run. The SG shaft extender is a simple bolt on and it looks like a normal crank after that. I don't know where to get the adapter but they are common.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:48 PM
dwblue00

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro-rob View Post
Sorry, missed this post earlier. The sky is the limit with servos but the SF-1 isn't really that bad, I would focus on a better steering servo. The hitec 625, 645 or 5625 are good options and Savox has a ton of great servos over all price ranges. Anything metal gear. Some guys I know do well with trackstar servos but I don't know what number they run. The SG shaft extender is a simple bolt on and it looks like a normal crank after that. I don't know where to get the adapter but they are common.
I have a savox 1258tg with the aluminum hpi servo horn. I wanted to upgrade the hpi 1 due to it sometimes being slower than it normally is. I ended up going with a Traxxas 2057. The stock engine is okay, have some further tuning to do to try to get more out of it. I was thinking about trying 30% nitro to see how the engine likes it. Right now I'm running 20% O'Donnel. Highest temp I got was about 255 degrees. I was looking at getting a OS .18tz. it has a standard crank but has a rotary carb. I would hate to mess up such a nice engine cutting down the crank. That's why I was asking about the clutch nut adaptor. Traxxas and associated make 1.
Old 08-31-2016, 07:22 AM
Threddersmatelot

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Can somebody please offer a permanent solution to the exhaust manifold working loose? I cannot even complete one run now without losing one or both screws. The buggy has only had about 10 tanks through it max. I have tried loctite red even and they still work loose.
Thanks.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:05 PM
slick2500

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The best solution I have found is to find longer bolts and put a lock nut on the end of it. Or order a new exhaust, the holes strip out easily in them.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:31 AM
collective itch

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

just dug mine out, and putting some things on it back together. was going to try and get my os18 tm in, but seems a bit to much work to have it reliably without hacking up the chassis, so will stick to the g3.0. all stock apart form a rpm front bumper.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Croaker73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Roto start

I see that this thread is a little slow as of late but I need some assistance and I am hoping someone catches this. I have an HPI firestorm and its a great truck. Been running it for years and I am getting sick and tired of the pull start. Anyone know what root start would work on an OS 18 engine? I have never used one and wanted to get one. Without a hobby store nearby I have to order one and do not want to send it back if I am wrong. I know they need back plates as well so I would need one to match the Roto start. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:39 PM
Croaker73

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The motor I have is an o.s. 18cv-rx if that helps. Thanks

Search this Thread