Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:52 PM
DS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

hoby people's rating on both, and i was looking around i forgot the site but i found a firestorm review and it got a 6 out of 10. they said it was not durabl eeither. You prbably throw this back in my face but i forget the site i will look for it
Old 05-17-2008, 01:59 PM
P Bear

Well, I don't have an X-cell but I checked it out earlier today when you brought it up and saw it had a ball diff. I don't buy cars with ball diffs.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:03 PM
DS

why whats wrong with a ball diff
Old 05-17-2008, 02:06 PM
rclynx

Nothing wrong with a ball differential [:-]
Old 05-17-2008, 02:09 PM
P Bear

The balls have to be replaced on a regular basis. On a gear diff as long as it is strong enough to handle the engine and kept lubed it will last the life of the car.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:11 PM
DS

so, the x-cellerator still looks good een though it has a ball diff
Old 05-17-2008, 02:17 PM
P Bear

Is there an X-cell forum? See what the guys think. Should be one somewhere.
Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 PM
DS

ok thanks but they dont reply or they just ignore me except for some,
Old 05-17-2008, 03:08 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Derek,
I just did some reading in the XTM thread and even with the x-cell bias you still had some tell you to go with the firestorm. what does that tell you? even some of the guy that have them and love them still tell you that the firestorm is a better choice for what you want. before buying either one go to your LHS and ask them about replacement parts. Do they carry them in stock for the models you are looking at buying and if they don't can they order them for you. I have 4 hobby shop withing 30 m,inutes of where i live. each of them stock hpi parts. but I don't see much there for XTM parts. the availability of parts should weigh heavily in your descision on which car to buy. because no matter what you descide to purchse some thing is going to break. I don't care if you get HPI, losi, Traxxas, Associated. they all break parts at some time or an other. especially when yopu are just getting started. I still say the firestorm is your best bet. I have been out beating on mine today and I am constantly amazed at the punishment these cars can take!
Old 05-17-2008, 03:21 PM
DS

its better then a redcat right. Also is it easy to breakin and tune. But, i still dont find why people are ditchin the x-cell
Old 05-17-2008, 03:42 PM
yakfish

ORIGINAL: tcv_racing

It stopped raining today so I went out and had fun with my storm

I also modified the hpi tuned pipe a bit so I was able to use it

So here you go guys, I made a short vid and took pics of my storm doing some car park bashing..
The camera is wobbly because my 5 year old daughter was the one taking the vids..
Turn the volume up a bit and you'll hear how the HPI aluminum tuned pipe makes the storm scream.. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6XK-XO5vjw

[link]http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb147/tobi_viado03/Firestorm/?action=view¤t=Firestormscreamer.flv[/link]

where did ypou get those body clips? I have looked at my LHS and they don't have anything like that. Did you orderthem online somewhere? I'm mpretty sure I saw them in a pics of nitronate's car too so if you don't mind chiming in too?
Thanks
Old 05-17-2008, 05:18 PM
dviga001

yeah, what are those? I put some dubro clips on mine that seem to be working good, just curious to see on what those are
Old 05-17-2008, 09:18 PM
RCN2ZST

this car is only one pound heavier than stock. i do nat race so i careless about waight. Is build for bashing and bashing only. and no i don't use it I ABUSE IT!!!!!!! its clean cause i like to store clean during the week but its dirty all weekend long.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94177.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	951370  
Old 05-17-2008, 10:01 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: derek_18mt

its better then a redcat right. Also is it easy to breakin and tune. But, i still dont find why people are ditchin the x-cell
Because its built lightweight and fragile,therefore cheaper price.The Firestorm is heavier and built stronger than the x-c.The only advantage of the x-cell over the Firestorm is speed,and um..um...um.....[:-]
Old 05-17-2008, 11:55 PM
tcv_racing

Yakfish I got those body clips at my LHS down here in Japan, sorry can't help..
But I think NitroNate can..
Old 05-18-2008, 02:53 AM
NitroNate

Here you go bud. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXFRG4&P=SM .I'd also reccomend you to get this, to bore the hole in the body to attatch the retainer. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXJGU5&P=ML
Old 05-18-2008, 07:49 AM
yakfish

thanks nate. i'll have to pick up a set
Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 PM
dviga001

yep, i got those same orange ones. haha I was down to just one of the original clips that originally came with mine. Since then these have been a life saver. they are wonderful
Old 05-18-2008, 09:40 PM
kordasn

Hey guys,

The only way I can get my stock firestorm to wheelie (with incl a tight spur gear) is by leaning it way out, to the point where it's running above 250F. I have since added a 17T pinion and the stiffer springs from the teflon A886 kit, and tightened the spur gear way up and it can bearly wheelie; only sometimes. I suspect I am actually getting some wheelspin now? But I'm not sure, with the stock tires, where's the best ground to run it on to see if it will wheelie or not?

Also I'm looking into a Baja SS kit now, after going through 2 jugs of nitromethane this week ($30 each here), that's going to add up real fast, when 750cc of 87 octane gas will last about 30m in the baja.

-Matt
Old 05-18-2008, 10:11 PM
xyzflix

Hey everyone, not new to nitro I own a savage X but I just got my Firestorm... my only question I got for right now is what temps do you guys find is best to run the g3.0? I had it at low 200's an was nice a
few wheelies and very smooth. lsn only movied 1/8th turn leaner and the HSN well I never kept track. Idles like a dream and runs reliable so far.

I did try and do another 1/8th turn leaner on the HSN and got a bit more out of the engine but temps went a littl higher. after hard running i was seeing 230-250. I would rather keep reliability but how many of you guys feel that 230-250 is still se to run? Mind you I was wot ALOT when testing these temps in a HUGE parking lot.

I may dial it back a bit to high the low 200's again but not to sure. I do know the outside temps here in Ontario Canada have dropped a fair bit so as summer rolls in I will have to retune everything I am sure.

I give this truck 9/10 out of the box. I would like to see hpi give some better radio's bu thats only thing I can say bad.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:14 PM
yakfish

I had a hard time getting mine to wheelie too- when it was stock.the stock tire would just spin for me I though they were junk. I upgraded to a set of proline moabs all the way around and I could get it wheelie, but not a whole lot. if you put a set of moabs on the back and kept the lighter stock tire for the front you can get some really good wheelies out it especially with the 17T clutch bell. but I wanted to put moabs all the way around for the ground clearance and the good looks! but if you really want wheelies you need to change your motor! I put an O.S. 18 cvr in my FS and let me tell you it wheelies like crazy. and I have a 21T clutch bell plus the heavy moabs on the front! it will wheelie untill I let off of the throttle I have let it rip and have wheelied for well over 350 feet before I let off. Yes I did need to fabricate a wheelie bar!
Old 05-18-2008, 10:16 PM
NitroNate

I keep my temps between 210-240.No higher and no lower.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:20 PM
xyzflix

i know manual says temps 250+ is toohigh I am guessing that is pretty accurate then for this mill? I would like to sit 220-240 if I could but it flux a bit more then that.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:37 AM
superb3rra

Hey, again, what do you think the problem is?
http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/a...rrent=Film.flv

Yes, the startplug is charged. Yes the glowplug glows. But when i remove the glowplug and pull it doesn't splash up any fuel, you know how to fix it?
I can see the fuel come in the fuelline..
/Superb3rra
Old 05-19-2008, 08:55 AM
yakfish

If your engine is out of tune it will be very difficult to start. set the needles back to flush and see what happens. another thing is make sure it is primed properly. take the line that goes into the exhaust pipe and blow into it. you will see fuel go into the carb. if I have a hard time starting I will sometime purposely flood the engine then take out the plug and pull the starter cord to clear oput the extra fuel. then put the plug back in and it should start right up. in addition to alll that you can also try heating up the haed with a hairdryer before trying to start it. when starting you can also loosen the glow plug a little bit to make it easier to roll the engine over when starting. once its running make sure to tighen the plug back up.
hope this can help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.