RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:56 PM
hillbilie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

ORIGINAL: Oscardms

Does anyone know what rotostart system works for this truck? My wife got it for me for Valentine's Day as a gift. I'd like to convert it to a rotostart though. Thanks.
i think they have it listed on hpi website, just go to the firestorm pic and then click option parts.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Oscardms

ORIGINAL: hillbilie
i think they have it listed on hpi website, just go to the firestorm pic and then click option parts.
Cool. Thanks. So I have to order the backplate seperately from the actual roto start mechanism.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:14 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 46u

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

Nitro cleaner works well, it's just expensive, IMO. Acetone is great for cleaning on a part by part basis, but I wouldn't use it to clean the whole truck. It is more caustic than necessary and attacks some plastics.
I do keep a spray can of nitro cleaner around for when I just want to quickly get the major grunge off. When I do a complete cleaning, I usually start by blowing the truck off with an airgun. Then I spray it down with my home made cleaner(1 part simple green, 2 parts denatured alchohol) from an old windex bottle and let it soak a couple minutes. Then it gets a quick blowoff again, a quick mist of WD40 and a final blowoff. This works for me, others may have better methods for their own use...

This is what I use and it is cheaper then nitro cleaner, you get a WHOLE lot more for quite a bit less and you can use the spray bottle when done for many other things.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXWC47&P=ML

46u,

Do you use that stuff full strength or do you cut it with water of alcohol? I might try that stuff when my current batch of cleaning brew runs out. Sorry to be o/t here.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
hazegry1

Hi guys I am just getting into rc planes but my buddy went and bought a couple of rc trucks one losi 4x4 monster truck a nitro sport and he just got a 4x4 buggy by losi sorry I dont remember the names of them other than the sport. I am so getting a firestorm I have to finish my plane build I have going first but this looks like a good deal. where is the best place to buy parts? I want to do the roto start at least. I am going to have to get a 3rd job for this rc addiction lol
Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 AM
lewis_lfc

your lhs should stock pats for it and what do you mean i want to do the roto start at least
Old 02-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Oscardms

He probably meant that the only change to his truck would be to get the roto start system swapped. I actually just did it last night and it was so easy. I didn't even have to take the motor off the truck.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:54 PM
hazegry1

yea that is what I meant the roto start will probably be my only mod for awhile. I might upgrade other things later but the roto start will be the first mod for sure
Old 02-16-2007, 08:41 PM
SioXiE

im planning to buy the firestorm (i been researching for a while) 2-3 days from now but my concern is the pullstart mechanism, since im a newbie i want t ask u guys how to replace it with a rotostart system???
Old 02-16-2007, 08:43 PM
SioXiE

and i check on the hpi website, does the rotostart system comes with all the necessary hardware? ad can swap the pullstart without taking out the engine???
Old 02-16-2007, 10:05 PM
hazegry1

from what I have read you can swap it out without removing the engine but, you will also need to buy the backplate when you buy your roto start.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
Oscardms

ORIGINAL: SioXiE

im planning to buy the firestorm (i been researching for a while) 2-3 days from now but my concern is the pullstart mechanism, since im a newbie i want t ask u guys how to replace it with a rotostart system???
No need to be scared. Trust me. This is my first Nitro car and it was a breeze. Like I said before, you don't even need to take the motor off the car. You'll need to order or buy two parts at your LHS. First is the backplate to fit our car. HPI number 87117. Second is the rotostart system itself. HPI number 87110. The system comes with a backplate already but it is for the savage. The rotostart system you can probably buy for cheaper on ebay used. The system and the backplate each come with instructions and they tell you what to do step by step. Each piece even comes with the screws and the allen wrench to take them off and on. Just make sure you have threadlock. If you need detailed instructions, you can PM me.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:31 AM
dcep28

Does anyone know if Parma has a body for the FiReStorM?[sm=72_72.gif]
Old 02-20-2007, 06:21 PM
SioXiE

thanks for da nfo HAZEGRY1 n OSCARDMS, I went to my LHS to check it out but instead brought me a SAVAGE X to be my first Nitro truck... merely to peer pressure!!! all my friends have monster trucks, but im stil planning to buy a Firestorm in the next couple of months!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 06:27 PM
SioXiE

Mabuhay ka dcep28!!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:06 PM
dcep28

Thanx 4 da Shout-Out SioXie..[8D]
Old 02-20-2007, 10:37 PM
20%nitro

sorry to barge in here but i thought you guys might find this as funny as i did.[sm=lol.gif]

http://www.heartlandrc.com/forums/sh...?threadid=2133
Old 02-21-2007, 12:32 PM
Oscardms

Hey guys, I''m having a hard time starting my truck up every time I try. I haven't broken it in fully yet. I have used after run oil, after every time I turned the truck on. The only thing I've done to the truck is to install the rotostart. The plug is still good. Can anybody help out.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:04 PM
HPIFIRESTORM

Double check the all the bolts on the motor, some people have found there's to be loose, therefore causing starting problems.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:02 PM
20%nitro

it is possible you are using too much after run oil. i recomend if you are going to run it every day or so two only put in 2 or 3 drops at the end of day. it is possible to soak the glow plug with oil and that could make it very hard to start. also check the condition of the glow plug making sure the coils are perfect and not distorted and that it glows really bright when you stick it in the glow igniter to test it. as oscardms said check the head bolts, some have come loose. are you emptying the tank and fuel system also at the end of day? if so it may require more prime time or to blow on the pressure line to refill the system. one last thing, if your idle speed is too slow it may require a helper to hold the trigger just above idle until it starts. hope this helps.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Oscardms

I've only been using 2-3 drops of after run oil at the end of the day. I let it soak in for a couple of mins. and then I'll turn it upside down to make sure any excess comes out before I put fuel through it. The glow plug glows real bright when I test it. As far as loose screws on the motor, which ones should I take a look at? The ones connecting it to the chassis, or the ones holding the head onto the motor? Thanks for the help guys.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:56 PM
buggymangp

the screws holding the cooling head to the block.
i`m watching this post beacuse i`m still looking to buy a firestorm someday.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:34 PM
Oscardms

Cool. Thanks. This is my first nitro.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Hellacool

I am looking to purchase a 2WD truck for racing only. I already have 2 x HPI MT2s, a Traxxas Stampede and a Duratrax Evader Pro. They are my "fun" trucks. The Firestorm seems to be the right price and quality. I already have two rotostarts so that is a quick upgrade. My question is??? Are there any areas on the firestorm that will need upgrading off the shelf? I know on my MT2, the steering knuckles and C Hubs are weak and need upgradeing. What about the Firestorm? Thanks. I also plan to upgrade the radio as well.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:00 PM
20%nitro

oscardms what is the temperature in the area where you start the truck? if it is cold like 60 deg or colder try using a blow dryer to warm up the cooling head before starting the engine this should help. once you have the engine broken in and tuned this may not be as necessary but usually helps even then. again set the idle fast enough to keep it running but not so much as to make it drive away.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:13 PM
20%nitro

hellacool i have raced my firestorm twice and the only problems ive had are the pipe coupler between the header and muffler gave out in the first few laps. a new hd coupler fixed that quickly and cheeply. the only other problem is with the steering servo saver. seems to work loose and is hard to adjust. i hope they upgrade that. if the price works for you and since you want race it i think the spektrum dx2 radio system is good and no freq problems and you can work on the car in the pits with the radio gear on while others are racing if your track allows it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.