Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 08:22 AM
garzzar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

hump pack might be better as far as lasting longer dont know and they add more weight

as for my question, what are some transmission upgrades (if there are any) to a 2 speed or possibly a 3 speed
Old 07-25-2008, 12:33 PM
mercerbeef

hotracing makes a few of the stock parts in aluminum

as for the servos i haven't had any problems yet

i read some where awhile back about a 2 speed but i don't recall where
Old 07-25-2008, 01:32 PM
bigairlife

just get a hump pack. It'll last alot longer and will improve your servo strength somewhat.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 PM
nitro rc

so what is the exhaust gasket problem? I have heard it on this thread and on a youtube video i was just watching. The guy in the video said " the exhaust gasket is blown". What is the exhaust gasket and how hard is it to fix if it breaks. Also, how would that break?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 PM
motorhead91

its a fiber gasket that when removed looks to be the shape of the exhaust header and exhaust port on the engine block..

to change simply remove the header, and swap the gasket, and then hook up the header again
Old 07-26-2008, 01:56 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pauole

I know Firestorms come with relatively weak servos, I have been running it with two AA batteries, do you think that a 6V hump pack will improve the steering enough or should I upgrade to a whole new servo?
your not running 2 AA you are running 4. which is equal to 6 volts. so switching to a hump pach won't give you any extra power, but you will save money on batteries in the long run and they usually hold a charge longer than regualr AA's. but it won't help your steering at all. I would suggest getting Hitech 645 servo for you steering. it makes a huge difference. the stock throttle servo is fine the way it is. but you can't go wrong upgrading the steering servo
Old 07-26-2008, 02:02 PM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: yakfish

I know Firestorms come with relatively weak servos, I have been running it with two AA batteries, do you think that a 6V hump pack will improve the steering enough or should I upgrade to a whole new servo?
your not running 2 AA you are running 4. which is equal to 6 volts. so switching to a hump pach won't give you any extra power, but you will save money on batteries in the long run and they usually hold a charge longer than regualr AA's. but it won't help your steering at all. I would suggest getting Hitech 645 servo for you steering. it makes a huge difference. the stock throttle servo is fine the way it is. but you can't go wrong upgrading the steering servo
no sry but you are completely wrong. 4 AA batteries are 4.8 volts ( 4 x 1.2 = 4.8 volts) a hump pack has 5 cells which equals 6 volts. so a hump pack does in fact give you more power for the servos.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
tomcatguy74
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

Hey Nitro RC, most if not all AA batteries are 1.5 volts not 1.2 so if you multiply 1.5 x 4 you get 6. So technically you are getting the same power if not just a tad bit more out of a hump pack like Yakfish said. You will however save on batteries and get longer RX and servo run times.
ORIGINAL: yakfish

no sry but you are completely wrong. 4 AA batteries are 4.8 volts ( 4 x 1.2 = 4.8 volts) a hump pack has 5 cells which equals 6 volts. so a hump pack does in fact give you more power for the servos.
Old 07-26-2008, 06:07 PM
mankal
My Feedback: (1)

Sorry see next post
Old 07-26-2008, 06:08 PM
mankal
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: nitro rc

so what is the exhaust gasket problem? I have heard it on this thread and on a youtube video i was just watching. The guy in the video said " the exhaust gasket is blown". What is the exhaust gasket and how hard is it to fix if it breaks. Also, how would that break?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN376&P=7
Old 07-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Stunt4life

Mine throws drive shafts like no ones business. I srsly think there pieces of **** I have no idea how all of yours arent dieing and fraging.

Oh and if you header gasket blows ( more like when not if) just make your own with a high temp permatex gasket goo. Real easy
Old 07-27-2008, 07:11 PM
rclynx

4 AA batteries are 6.0 volts unless they are rechargable batteries which are 1.2 volt, a 5 pack rechargable battery is 5, 1.2 volt batteries which makes 6 volts just like the alkaline batteries. They both give the same amount of power so I guess you need new servos..........LOL............sorry mate but your wrong [:-]
Old 07-27-2008, 07:20 PM
tomcatguy74

I want to know why my post was deleted!!!!!! I wrote the same thing rclynx just posted. What the ^%#%$@ is going on?????[X(][sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
michael109

whats the settings for the carb on a firestorm?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:26 PM
tomcatguy74

Hey Mike, both the LSN and HSN should be flush with the housings and the idle set so the gap in the carb is no less than 1mm or the thickness of a credit card.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:53 PM
NitroNate

Hi fellers,I'm back!!
YAHOO!!100 pages of HPI Nitro Firestorm 10t talk!!Great going guys!Glad your all liking your Storms!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 PM
tomcatguy74

Welcome back Nate!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 12:57 AM
Pauole

Recently i have noticed a whistling noise while accelerating at lower speeds coming from my firestorm, (almost sounds like a supercharger whine) has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be? Performance seems to be unchanged.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:10 AM
mercerbeef

thats the noise mine made before the header gasket blew
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Pauole

Do you mean the gasket that is used between the header and engine?
Old 07-29-2008, 12:35 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Recently i have noticed a whistling noise while accelerating at lower speeds coming from my firestorm, (almost sounds like a supercharger whine) has anyone else had this problem or know what it could be? Performance seems to be unchanged.
your spur gear and clutch bell are too tight
Old 07-29-2008, 02:47 PM
Anomie

ORIGINAL: tomcatguy74

I want to know why my post was deleted!!!!!! I wrote the same thing rclynx just posted. What the ^%#%$@ is going on?????[X(][sm=punching.gif]
Calm down!

Your post had a quote, but no content. It looked like a mistake.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
tomcatguy74

[:@](breathing heavily) it's..............it's..........ok[&:] I'm cool............(breathing slows down).........it's cool(wipes away the sweat from his forehead)......ok...I'm..fine now.....whew!!!

Ahhhhhh just kidding I was never mad. I just was wondering what happened!! [8D]
Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
mercerbeef

yeah thats the one, a friend told me thats what was causing it so we checked and it was the gasket. there was a small piece of gasket sticking outa mine
as for the spur and clutch, i have no problems with mine
Old 07-29-2008, 04:43 PM
dmerc
My Feedback: (67)

Kinda new to big R/C. I have an HPI Firestorm 10 T and it's a great truck. However the turning radius is horrible all the time and it bogs really bad in grass. I bought it to mainly run in grass and it's terrible at it. But my Mini LST overheats and shuts down in the grass also.
I thought maybe some of you experienced guys/girls might be able to tell me how to adjust it (suspension, tires, engine, etc.) I am running stock fronts and Pro Line Dirt Hawgs in the rear. Stock everything else. I know the stock steering servo is pretty weak but I have to crawl to get it to turn within a few feet. I would like to turn much sharper and run in grass if possible.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.