RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 12:32 AM
Oscardms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

ORIGINAL: 20%nitro

oscardms what is the temperature in the area where you start the truck? if it is cold like 60 deg or colder try using a blow dryer to warm up the cooling head before starting the engine this should help. once you have the engine broken in and tuned this may not be as necessary but usually helps even then. again set the idle fast enough to keep it running but not so much as to make it drive away.
Thanks. I actually went to my lhs today because my rotostart system stopped working. I took my truck in and the guy made some adjustments and it started no problem today. Thanks for all the info though.
Old 02-23-2007, 04:51 AM
Hellacool

ORIGINAL: 20%nitro

hellacool i have raced my firestorm twice and the only problems ive had are the pipe coupler between the header and muffler gave out in the first few laps. a new hd coupler fixed that quickly and cheeply. the only other problem is with the steering servo saver. seems to work loose and is hard to adjust. i hope they upgrade that. if the price works for you and since you want race it i think the spektrum dx2 radio system is good and no freq problems and you can work on the car in the pits with the radio gear on while others are racing if your track allows it.
Thanks. I see al kinds of cars but it always seems to make them work somthing needs to be upgraded. I still havent decided yet but the Firestorm is at the top. For about $200 more than a Firestorm and Spextrum I can get a Losi 8ight RTR That is on my list as well.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
hazegry1

well guys I just ordered my firestorm today. I am starting to save for my hyper 8 project gonna build that one but wanted the firestom for general bashing. mine should be here by this weekend. I am hoping it gets here sooner. went and bough a fuel bottle, glow igniter, some after run oil, and a bottle of 20% today. I can not wait for this weekend
Old 02-27-2007, 04:42 PM
sapper ion

I have had the Firestorm 10T for about a week. One thing I noticed is after tank 3 it really started to 4 cycle. "I have not tuned it all that much". When I finally did get it tuned I ended up going a full turn lean on the High speed. Now maybe the cold air "29-40 degrees" had a lot to deal with that, but for now it seems to be a lean brat. And even as lean as it is it still has a hard time reaching even 200 degrees. "I don't dare lean it out anymore mainly because i am affraid of engine damage. So what do you suggest I do

Also I am a noob, the only experiance i have in engine work is what I have learned from racing gokart engines and working with my dad on his RC Airplane. So whatever you can give to me for info would be great.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:49 PM
hillbilie

my firestorm is STILL sitting in my room with a broken bulkhead set, because the part is not out yet[sm=48_48.gif]
Old 02-28-2007, 10:25 AM
buggymangp

i pick mine up next week
the first upgrades i`m doing is
junk the stock radio.
new servos
roto start.
RX hump pack battery
fuel filter
lower gear CB. maybe a 17t or 16t.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:11 PM
billdo76

ORIGINAL: buggymangp
lower gear CB. maybe a 17t or 16t.
17 T is the lowest you can go right now.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:51 PM
buggymangp

thanks bill
i can never remember if the lower cb gear will tame the wheelie thing.
is that right? lower cb gear to stop the car from doing wheelies?
i don`t want the car to do wheelies.
i will just be looking for more top end.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:28 PM
hazegry1

buggyman thats quite a list of mods I want to do the same ones but I have to go at a slower pace. Mine will be here Fri I am hoping I get off work early so I can break it in and go run it. I am going to take it as easy untill more parts are available.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:57 AM
buggymangp

hey haze
i got all those parts in stock laying around my parts box.
i see tower has some parts listed already but i don`t know if there in stock yet.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 AM
billdo76

ORIGINAL: hillbilie

my firestorm is STILL sitting in my room with a broken bulkhead set, because the part is not out yet[sm=48_48.gif]

what do you mean the part is not out yet, I have already ordered 3. The part has been out for about 3 weeks now. Granted that Hobby People and Horizon Hobbies doesn't have it, but Tower Hobbies does.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=100319&FVPROFIL=++]Front Bulkhead Set[/link]
Old 03-01-2007, 10:37 AM
billdo76

ORIGINAL: buggymangp

thanks bill
i can never remember if the lower cb gear will tame the wheelie thing.
is that right? lower cb gear to stop the car from doing wheelies?
i don`t want the car to do wheelies.
i will just be looking for more top end.
To tame down the wheelie you want to go up in teeth not down. It will also increase your top end the higher up in teeth you go on your CB.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:11 AM
buggymangp

thanks bill
i can never remember that.
so it looks like i`ll be going to the 20t or 21t.
thanks for clearing that up for me.
i got to remember that.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:29 AM
billdo76

Also, I just want to add......

I have been going to the hobby shop at least 3 times a week trying out different parts from different vehicles. So far I have been able to change the springs using Duratrax springs. I currently have the green ones in my car. I also switch to a little heavier oil as well in the shocks. I am currently running 50 wt oil. The original oil was pretty thin stuff.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:16 PM
buggymangp

hey bill
yea i saw that too when i went to my LHS and touched the car for the first time.
i thought the springs were on the soft side.
i was thinking of going with 70w shock oil.
i do have stiffer springs from my mt2. i hope they fit.
i like my rides stiff.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:15 PM
hazegry1

Hey guys my truck should be here tomorrow. I already bought another gallon of fuel and another fuel bottle I dont want to run out of fuel inbetween paychecks. I am going to order the cells for my hump pack and get those soldered up soon. I have some 1500's I could use for it but I think I am just going to order some 2300 cells. I am going to get the roto start next payday then upgrade my charger to a mkII field charger. I cant wait to get it I hope I get off work early lol. I am as bad as a kid at christmas right now.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 PM
hazegry1

just got mine today new radio is on the top of the list now lol. I put stiffer springs in it gonna see how that works tomorrow.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:30 PM
hillbilie

ORIGINAL: billdo76

ORIGINAL: hillbilie

what do you mean the part is not out yet, I have already ordered 3. The part has been out for about 3 weeks now. Granted that Hobby People and Horizon Hobbies doesn't have it, but Tower Hobbies does.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=100319&FVPROFIL=++]Front Bulkhead Set[/link]

awesome thanks, last time i checked hpi's site it said that the part wasent due until early june or some crap, but thanks, i am going to order two of them.

is this the right rotostart system for my firestorm, and this one comes with every thing i need right

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMVE0&P=7

thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Oscardms

What you need is this, http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXERF3&P=

That is the correct backplate for our engine.

You also have to get the actual roto start system itself. This one is the cheapest I could find on tower
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFET0&P=7
Old 03-03-2007, 02:45 AM
hillbilie

cool, thanks dude
Old 03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
billdo76

ORIGINAL: Oscardms

What you need is this, http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...p?&I=LXERF3&P=

That is the correct backplate for our engine.

You also have to get the actual roto start system itself. This one is the cheapest I could find on tower
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFET0&P=7
Wow, you guys are going about the rotostart system the expensive way.

I bought the back plate for 18.00 from my LHS, HPI Part # 87117
[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0095p?FVSEARCH=87117&FVPROFIL=++&search3=Go]HPI Backplate[/link]

I then bought the rotostart rod, I told my hobby shop that I lost mine and the rod was only 5.00
or you can pay 4.79 from tower hobbies [link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERF8&P=7]ROTOSTART rod[/link]

I then bought a cordless drill from Harbor Freight for 16.99. [link=http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=93440]Link for drill[/link]

That way I have a drill and a rotostart system.

Old 03-04-2007, 02:53 PM
savage_x4.1

is the firestorm better than the duratrax evader like how tough is it and is the engine better and more dependible because the engine on my evader broke the piston seized[:@]
Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 PM
hazegry1

drove mine hard all day today didn't break anything even let my 10 yo son drive it and it came out unscathed. I LOVE THIS TRUCK. I am so hooked. I cant wait till I can get my buggy this is so much better than rc boats.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:34 PM
20%nitro

guys im looking for some help. my clutch is dragging some and causes the engine to not want to idle sometimes and it engages too soon. the bearings seem fine so i wonder if anybody knows if another clutch or spring will work? traxxas spring looks kinda like it any others?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:14 PM
hillbilie

well the other day i finally got my firestorm fixed after being broken for a while, i am very pleased with this truck, starts on the first pull, runs awesome, fast, handles good, today i bashed it prety good had some gnarly cartwheels and high speed rolovers, and no beakage. the left side turnbuckle poped off once but that was it put it back in and it was good to go. i cant wait untill they come out with some more hop ups.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.