Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 250 of 263 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6551

CAPITAL FEDERALCAPITAL FEDERAL, ARGENTINA
    Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I think to put the savage .21 bb in everythingrc.com is 99 dol + 12 dol of shipping to argentina, other engines that you tell are expensive (os max) but the Hyper i dont know but i need some one whith pull star beacuse i dont have starter box and here in argentina all of the hobby is veryyyyyyyyy expensive jajaja, thnks for our help and sorry my english for all in the forum....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Nitro-Star-2...30f7a9fd7#shId here is the link for the hpi .21 BB

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree with Rob. Your best bet is with a pull start os 18tz. It has more power and the big block mounts are out of stock unless you get some ofna mounts and then you will have to modify your chassis in order to make it work.

Will.....That tubing is real tight. I had to put some sand paper on a drill bit for the dremmel and take a little off the inside. Now it fits like a glove. The way the 2nd gear mounts on it has a set screw that I notched the tube for so it locks on the flat spot. It takes a little bit of time but works way better than anything else. Plus it is titanium so it is not going to wear like something you might have gotten from a hobby shop and is way lighter than adding another one way bearing. The only draw back is that it was $25 for the tubing and took a month to get. Good thing nitro house is prompt with their ordering and shipping. For something that wasn't listed as being out of stock and supposedly shipped a week ago it has been a month so far and still nothing. Glad the hobby shop that has everything by me had the stock gearing for it.

Here is a pic of the gears against the panther slicks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn36218.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	1586094   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw73017.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	1586095  
    -SS MODS-
    The road to greatness is paved one mod at a time!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will.....Did you get a chance to run the new crank and carb yet? I just crunched the numbers and can't believe that this little thing is turning just over 42,000. Flippin amazing if I do say so myself. Its a far cry from the 33,000 they got out of it on the x-dyno in stock form.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

other then starting it up just to make sure it still runs...havent got to road test it yet. Record trials for the boats are this weekend.. so as long as i get some decent weather next week should be able to run it.
    IMPBA Twin LSG Rigger 1/3 mile 2-lap National Record Holder
    ClassOne Dragcat.. 78mph through IMPBA Traps (not GPS)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

nice engine the os 18 tz but is very expensive, i think i have to modifie my chasis and put a ofna or savage or some one more cheap of OS.. in ebay sell a Dynamite .21 what tink to update this??? http://cgi.ebay.com/Dynamite-Buggy-2...item1e61634c4a

thnksss

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That would be better than the hpi .21. If you want to get the best bang for your money it might take a little bit longer to get. Look up a sts d30m on ebay
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you think that the firestorm diferenttial support a .30 engine? and this goes in your size? dol 160 really is cheap as in Argentina with pipe and all

thnksss

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You will not break the differential as long as you added a couple shims to it. If not then yes it will break. I have broke 2 diffs before shimming it in one month. After adding the shims it has been going strong for 2 years with having more power thrown at it since then. The sts motor is the cheapest motor rated at one of the highest stock hp.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry my ignorance what is a couple???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

In the diff behind each gear there is a washer. You need to put one or two more behind each one. I have 3 washers behind each gear in my differential beacuse they are so sloppy. This will tighten it up so there is no more play giving you a stronger rear end.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

road, you have photos of that conversion???? thanksss

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There isn't much of a need for a photo there, you just take the differential apart and put the shims behind the gears.  There are already shims on one pair of gears and you have to add more.  I can't remember how many I added exactly but think its written in the thread (would be about may 2009) but there was at least one shim put behind on each gear all around and one set got two or more at least. 

For some reason my E-firestorm differential is much tighter and didn't need shimming although there didn't appear to be any extra shims.  They should be the same differential.

An alternative is to go to a ball differential. One is available that will work for the storm.  I am using it in the e-firestorm and like it.

Its best to shim by trial and error requiring you to assemble it, feel hot tight it is then reopen it to add or remove shims etc.. Everyones differential is worn differently.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Rob.....is the diff in the e the same size as the one in the nitro. I thought the one in the electric was a little bit smaller in diameter and a touch thinner. I know the top shaft gear is 2 teeth larger in the electric and the idler is way different.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well im back from the boat event and got one of my goals of setting record with the twin engine boat... weather no good for my straight line cat though, but did make a few 77-78mph runs with it, which were probably 80+ on gps as it wasnt very straight through the sensors. But now that thats done.. back to messing with the trucks. Should have it out sometime this week.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

All of the guts and the outdrives are the same between the two differentials.  It appears from the part number that the only difference is the outer case.  I thought the case was the same until you mentioned it.  I rebuilt my diff a few times and the part numbers were the same as the nitro so I assumed it was all the same.

Fuel - 80mph with a boat is pushing  damn hard.  Do you have any video?

Its almost fuel season here!  I can feel it....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

unfortunately no video of my new cat. My buddy got a video, but i was just messing around in some very rough water (it was very windy entire weekend) trying to get some more time on the engine to seat the ring. I do have some video of my 2 old straight line cats from last year though.

This one (same hull style im running this year) made a 76mph pass in the video, having some carb issues
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjqiRwFZKA

my other one making a 77mph pass.. and no, it did not hit the ski jump lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yM5DVH8TFfU

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will.....Thats pretty quick for being on water. Was that with the twin engine boat?

Rob.....I almost bought one of the ball diffs but looked at the electric one and it is noticably smaller.

I did end up taking mine out of the truck and filling it with some quick steel during the down time. So that is the last time that thing will ever be apart. Talked to the people at nitro house again today about the gearing with a little more success. I talked to them last week and they said it shoud be there any day. Unfortunantly there is no way to track it and be sure. Well I gave them 10 days after it shipped so had to make the call again. Talking to the same person again but this time he was able to track it. Weird huh. It is somewhere between IL and CA on its way back. My address is right in the computer there but they shipped it to the wrong one soooo. Never did get any kind of a call back letting me know if it shipped or turned around. Just a call saying they made a mistake and will get it here as soon as possible. I'm just venting so sorry about that. Not happy with them at all. Over a month for something not listed as back order with them knowing they made a mistake and no offer for a freebie, discount, or even a coupon. When he asked if there was anything else today since it problaby has to be reshipped. I was like yeah I also need a cb for the cd3. Got the hold on let me check came back and told me have it and thats another $20. Im sorry but get bent Nitro House my orders will be going strainght to the warehose from now on! The guy there was willing to take stuff apart to complete my order but I couldnt do it because the other order was marked as shipping.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the twin boat was making 75-76mph passes on the small props. Kept having servo issues (killing throttle servos... 2 at a time) so i never got a chance to really prop it up. Next event is october, so i should have my new one worked out more and clicking off 84-85mph runs if not higher.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah, the ball diff won't work because it doesn't have the right number of teeth.  Its size is very small even compared to the geared differential for the e-storm.  I think they revised the case and changed the gearing but its groundbreaking or fundamentally different since it uses the same cups and gears - the width has to be the same but who knows about the bearing locations.

I have three engines to break in this spring and I've been crawling:

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well fellew nitro heads the gearing from nitro house came in today. Since they sent the right gearing that I waited for to the wrong address they sent wrong ones to the right address so with what I got from the hobby shop it did work out. Just had it out for a retune of the 2 speed with the panther tires and traction is no longer a issue. Keeping it on all 4 was. It never got past 170 so I didn't really let it rip but it was still enough motor and traction to take all of the teeth off of it again. So I'm not sure what to do about the 2 speed. The motor is what it is there is no dialing that back and unless i can make metal gearing work some how the 2 speed will not work. Wish it did though
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tim...did you get a pair of the Panther Clay slicks as well? If so...did you double foam them, or just use the 1 foam? Still waiting for mine to show up... i ordered Tracer wheels for all around (Traxxas Bandit wheels) and the damn fronts have been on backorder for over a month (the fronts are only 28mm wide). They were finally supose to have been shipped last week to my buddys hobby shop, so hopefully i'll have them by next weekend.

I did finally get to take the Storm out yesterday though. It was a pain in the ass at first to find a needle setting with the remote needle... but finally got it pretty close. But just as luck would have it, once i finally got the tune happy and it was making power, it hit the tires a bit too hard on my prepped road, and broke a dogbone. So now im back to waiting for parts to show up to run it again.

With as violent as that motor wants to hit, especially with the MAC's pipe... im thinking about going back to smallblock, and putting one of my 18CV-R's in it. With the CV-R not being so aggressive, it may do better for 132ft racing as i can probably gear it up even more and get out the gate a bit better without it wanting to break parts.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will.....The panthers are double foamed. Havent had them going all that fast yet but don't appear to baloon much at all. They do make a weird sound on thake off. They get more traction than the foams but you can hear them crinkeling its hard to explain. I also cut on the 36t revo gear and have a metal 2nd now with a 6.16 final. With the slicks and that thing turning 40 it should do 75. So just waiting for the rain to dry up.
    So I take it the carb mod gave that thing more power for you. It is kind of hurting my feelings hearing that you are thinking of replacing the hyper for a os 18. I would just replace the broken parts till all of the bugs or weak points are worked out. The dog bones and rim hexes are pretty much the only weak points. Keep in mind that it isnt a fancy migh dollar motor but powerful it can be. Thought that was the selling point for you to have bought it.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The carb definetely seemed to make a decent difference. Only thing i did was worked the bell over a little more, and modded it to use the remote needle. Im not set on swapping the Hyper for the OS... just a thought that came to mind. Its easy enough to switch them out since i have the OS on the stock Storm mounts, and since it has a slide carb...theres no real changes that would need to made other then fuel line. It would also be nice for at least a day to have an engine back in it with a pullstart, so i dont have to take the wheels on and off to start it, as the donut for my handheld starter still hasnt shown up.

I may also just stick one of the other Hyper's in the RS4...and with less power, may not break too much on it and still get me around the speed i want with it. If the Storm keeps on breaking things on launches... i may just scrap keeping it setup for 132ft racing, and work on doing the Rustler diff swap and see just how fast i can get it to go...even though then, it wouldnt be much of a Storm anymore.

But if i do end up going that route... it would have the final options to get some serious speed if it will pull the RPM with it. With 20/41 2nd, it would have a 5.76 final, which on 98mm tires turning 39000-40000 should be able to go 77-78mph or so. 20/37 2nd, it would have a 5.19 final, which should be capable of 85+... but would probably be hard pressed to turn 40k with that high of a final.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With the 2 speed it should go 80+. This is the first for the bigger carb and it seems to be well worth it. Giving this thing even more all around power. With the way it pulls on the top now it might lug a little but still achieve your goals if that is the way you go.
    -SS MODS-