Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 255 of 262 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 6550

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

man did they pull the plug on the power in here or what....
    IMPBA Twin LSG Rigger 1/3 mile 2-lap National Record Holder
    ClassOne Dragcat.. 78mph through IMPBA Traps (not GPS)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just messed with the firestorm over the last couple of days. and did a nice job on the big block mounting. this car literally does burnouts at full poke, smoke and everything
    since i had my truggy converted to electric i decided to play around with the idea of having a firestorm 4.6. retro fitted a truggy wing and wheelybar and it is ballistic.
    So glad to have a savage again. Time to make it handle less like a savage.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well lets see some pics of that thing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sorry for the lack of pictures.... will be up soon

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy

It comes and goes in here.There isn't a large volume of bashers driving their trucks regularly like there used to be when there was a lot of activity.I havn't driven my storm in two years and have it up in the local classifieds now. Stuff in here is looking really good, though, the potential for what can be done with these trucks has come a long way. It used to be a big deal to put a hot small block in it and from what I remember maybe two OS .18TZ's have been installed by members in here. Other than that the CV-R was the common aftermarket motor in here (and not too many had them either) before the big blocks started coming in more regularly.

HPI released an updated 2.4 GHz version of the storm with waterproof servos and new cosmetics.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mine is about to go through an entirely new rebuild. The chassis on mine has had alot of stress put on it, and is showing it with some bending. I have another stock chassis on the way, but am also making another extended chassis for a different firestorm project

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy

It comes and goes in here.*There isn't a large volume of bashers driving their trucks regularly like there used to be when there was a lot of activity.*I havn't driven my storm in two years and have it up in the local classifieds now. *Stuff in here is looking really good, though, the potential for what can be done with these trucks has come a long way. *It used to be a big deal to put a hot small block in it and from what I remember maybe two OS .18TZ's have been installed by members in here. *Other than that the CV-R was the common aftermarket motor in here (and not too many had them either) before the big blocks started coming in more regularly.

HPI released an updated 2.4 GHz version of the storm with cosmetics and more goodies in the box. http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/105865/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

pictures people.... basically a hyper 28 just drilled and bolted onto standard mounts... nothing magical here  
    as well as a jammin pipe and wing and some hpi road v groove tyres this thing rips 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks good. What is your gearing on that beast. I hope that your taking full advantage of all that power. The one thing that can be improved is the rear tires. I tried those and liked the fact that they run like a belted tire but traction is terrible. Are they the m or pro compound? My street truck is still sitting all busted up from running rubber tires. I have tried just about every brand and make of street tire. Duct taping the tire will help out emensley if you have steeper gearing. Helping with tire wear and the infamous torque steer tire balooning cartwheel of destruction. Thats what killed mine.
    -SS MODS-
    The road to greatness is paved one mod at a time!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like the stock 19/50 gearing to me. Looks good though.

Mine is entirely apart now, new chassis is here..just need to cut the slot bigger in it and can start building.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

not sure on the compound but it seems to work very well with the large buggy wing, never ever spins out but the tires balloon like mad. but they come back awfully warm after even a short run. its just running the stock gearing but i am looking to get a smaller spur because i dont have the room for a bigger clutch bell. and another issue i have found is the flywheel is too small for the starter box, so i will be switching that soon. maybe now?... be right back :P

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They must be the pro compound then. For the gearing you need to swithch it out to the 1.0m 32 pitch a 38/18 or a 36/20 would do that motor some justice. For the fly wheel it might be a pain since you have to diassemble the entire truck but just make the bottom hole bigger to get the bump box in there. I highly recomend swithching to a good aluminum 3 shoe the stock clutch is terrible especialy if you added a bigger motor. I have bought 2 storms used and both of the where pretty much new. The tires didn't even show any wear and on both trucks the stock clutch spring was broke.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yeah i had the clutch break on this storm. 2 years ago :P i have not changed the flywheel but just changed the shoes and springs to two off of a 3 shoe carbon truggy clutch. tried the new flywheel and it wasn't having any of it :P i finally got it all ready to go today and got some stuff ready to take it out down my road, then looked at the time and it was 9pm.... ¬¬    totally unaware of how long i was playing my xbox

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The stock clutch spring is the weakest point on the truck.  Many people break them in the first litre of fuel.  Read back, someone describes the symptoms about every five pages (and sometime twice on the same page?!).  I hear you on the X-box.  I hear the new Duke is disappointing.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just switched to the savage clutch/flywheel setup.
    ESEblitz, Efirestorm, firestorm10t, cycloneS,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I may be the only person who ran two gallons on the stock spring without breaking it.  I wish they upgraded the clutch in the newest revision of the truck.  The servo saver needs an upgrade as well.  They put a different version in the blitz that is much easier to service and I've noticed it doesn't come loose.

I am tempted to get my storm out but am hesitating because the engine needs to be broken in and I want to sell it and think it would be worth more without the break-in.   I did some engine flipping with my buggy and truggy during the winter and ended up with another OS .21vg in it and pinched the sleeve and put in a new conrod and wristpin just to be thorough

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

go on run the storm! you know you want to [&:] after tuning i have realised i need taller gearing on the car because its front wheels just dont touch the ground. and its top speed is immense but it does run out of revs before it runs out of power so does need a smaller CB. but the power i get from this used truggy engine is still too much for this little car, chucks it around dohnuts on command and will perform a rolling burnout when the tires are cold. all i need is some front brakes and i can make it look like a proper dragster. and the only other change is it needs much thicker shock oil... i remember putting in some un-labeled shock oil about a year ago and it was far too thin. but because i mothballed it i never knew. 

And the new Duke Nukem is truly dreadful but to be fair the original was just as bad... its just more of a joke than a proper game. 
    portal 2 is where its at 

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just started portal II last week and am enjoying it. Lego batman and starwars, too.
    I decided to wait a bit on driving my storm since it can get sold at any time. I also have to consider that I havn't driven my savage or Losi 8t2 this year yet (and the losi has a litre through it since last may). I also have a D8 that is pretty sweet so the storm gets a lower priority than the other nitros (that are already not getting driven much). My four year old savage has maybe five gallons on it. Pretty sad, actually. The only nitro I've driven this year is the D8.

Has anyone considered going to high voltage servos on their storm? I'm running 2s lips and appropriate servos on the other RCs and they are fantastic.

I bought a DX3R pro the other day and the framerate can be adjusted to 5.5ms. I didn't think there was a big difference between the 3S and that radio before getting it but the pro is much faster and makes high speed servos sing.
    Have you considered playing with the weight bias as well? I've been tweaking my Estorm a lot this year and am getting a lot more out of it now. I played with front to back weight balance and found something that is just the right balance of rear traction and steering.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am quite content with the jr digital servo's. The high voltage ones are out of the budget. Also did you have range issues with the 3S. I am thinking about making the switch to the R as well but not interested in staying with spektrum if it is not worth it. The S is terrible in my book. If it wasnt for the adjustability stock am is far better than mine.

I have made another modification to the 3.3 dirt truck motor. I installed the backup 8mm carb for the hyper on the 3.3 and it is pretty much a retarded fast basher. Today that lil monster saw a little of everything pavement, dirt, sand, plus hit a couple jumps. Still in no rush to fix the other one since the other guys have yet to even start their trucks. Now I am looking to find some time and the appropriate space for a vid of the 3.3 beast.
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 3s never had the best range and something happened and it dropped a lot suddenly.  I will send it in for repair.  The range  on the 3r pro is good but I've had some stuttering at the limit of my practical vision and can't tell you how far that is but will play with range a bit more.    I'm sticking with spektrum for a while since I have eleven receivers and they aren't cheap.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here is the video of the dirt truck that I finaly got around to taking. Sorry it ended up being on pavement and not some dirt. It was getting dark and this is about the only time that I can get around to drive it now. It has a little bit of a high idle but it is just like the hyper she is hard to get past 200 degrees.[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-1sWZ3EpaU[/link]
    -SS MODS-

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looked good Tim. That gearing is definetely a bit too low for on-road playing without a wheelie bar.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

after tuning the storm just got more and more ridiculous. then it ate the spur gear... ¬¬ definitely needs a bigger clutch bell. wheelies like a dog with worms.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

When ya put some power in em, they wheelie even with a 6.66 final

on my prepped road its even more violent.. had to adjust wheelie bar to only let it pick the tires up about 1" or it would stay on the bar entire way down the street.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will so your back to a single speed or is the 2 speed still working for you. How is the motor doing by the way? I don't suppose you are taking it any easier at all either. What a odd number for a final ratio as well.
    -SS MODS-