Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:12 PM
danielct

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I think hr Firestorm is a perfect truck for first time buyers. My first truck was a savage 25 and that was no where as strong as my firestorm. Yes if you are looking for a basher then this might not be such a good truck but what first time buyers are gona go out and mess there truck up first time round. I have had my truck now for 3 months ad I have been doing alsorts with it, not broken a single item yet.

For first time buyers and novices all alike this truck is awesome, great value for money and my local hobby store has all the spare for this truck as well. Spares are freely available.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Drifter240

Any competent driver can wheel this truck on a track. I dropped a new steering servo in and changed to a different radio and it was very race capable. The guy saying its not worth buying must not race, if he did he would no that all newer sts have a similair design. My truck is almost an exact copy of the countless gt2s at my track. He is prob a noob who thinks "racing" is driving up and down his street at full throttle until he hits a curb. If you can't race it because you always brake it then you need more practice driving.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:43 PM
danielct

I agree,

I don't even race yet and I know controlling one of these things takes practice, Compared to the amount of flying I need to keep up with to stay at the top of my game in Patern flying and trust mw that is way harder then this. Again as I said this truck is awesome and I love it.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Drifter240

And btw, if you are (or think you are) a racer, why would you every trash the firestorm for its price. I got mine for 250, spent maybe 100 on random parts (servos, wheels and tires). Compare that to what I spend on other race vehicles and it is pocket change. Real racers know that you can't expect stock rtr gear to do as well at the track. I don't think I have ever heard a real racer complain about the price of anything, we buy whatever it takes. No one at the track I go to would be considered a bargain shopper, you are spending money to make your truck better. At my local track there are engine limits in each class, but if the truck is rtr you are allowed to run the stock engine. The firestorm is an affordable truck to race, as are all other stadium trucks, and factoring in the .18, and all the other features that make it better than the average st you really don't need to do much. The firestorm is not expensive, and if your mad because its not race legal maybe you shouldn't have bought one.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:27 PM
RCN2ZST

FIRST OFF I NEVER CONPLAINT ABOUT RACING SOMEONE EALSE DID!!! ALL IM SAYING IS THIS TRUCK IS NOT ALLOW TO RACE IN ALL PLACES YOU HAVE TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL TRACK TO SEE IF THEY ALLOW AN .18 ENGINE. I DO HAVE OTHER CARS BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS FOR A FIRST TIMER THEY ARE HARDER TO CONTROL THAN A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. AND YOU CAN GET A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE OF A FIRESTORM. THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR BASHING AND FIRST TIMERS TEND TO BASH MORE THAN DRIVE OR RACE. ITS GOT A STRONG ENGINE I AGREE BUT CHANGING SEERVOS AND CRAP LIKE THAT TO MAKE IT BETTER IS ALLWAYS WHAT YOU HAVEE TO DO ON A PRODUCCTION TYPE OF CAR LIKE A RTR. DON'T BUY HPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I HAVE 3 HPI CARS

BUT THANX FOR READING THIS IM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION
Old 09-27-2007, 01:51 AM
sytfu ek

ORIGINAL: RCN2ZST

FIRST OFF I NEVER CONPLAINT ABOUT RACING SOMEONE EALSE DID!!! ALL IM SAYING IS THIS TRUCK IS NOT ALLOW TO RACE IN ALL PLACES YOU HAVE TO CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL TRACK TO SEE IF THEY ALLOW AN .18 ENGINE. I DO HAVE OTHER CARS BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMEND THIS FOR A FIRST TIMER THEY ARE HARDER TO CONTROL THAN A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. AND YOU CAN GET A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE FOR ABOUT THE SAME PRICE OF A FIRESTORM. THIS IS NOT MEANT FOR BASHING AND FIRST TIMERS TEND TO BASH MORE THAN DRIVE OR RACE. ITS GOT A STRONG ENGINE I AGREE BUT CHANGING SEERVOS AND CRAP LIKE THAT TO MAKE IT BETTER IS ALLWAYS WHAT YOU HAVEE TO DO ON A PRODUCCTION TYPE OF CAR LIKE A RTR. DON'T BUY HPI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I HAVE 3 HPI CARS

BUT THANX FOR READING THIS IM ENTITLED TO MY OPINION

well wutever floats ur boat.. and wutever floats our boat.. it really comes down to you not liking the firestorm and us liking it... so BIG F***ING OH WELL... lets not take this thread towards firestorm this, firestorm that...
Old 09-27-2007, 04:14 AM
xxRyanTxx

2wd is always going to be harder than 4wd to control. If you can drive a 2wd fast around a track and not crash than you are a good driver I believe. The FS was my first nitro and I BASH too. Sure I've bent and broken the odd part but it's been more satisfying to run than the emaxx I previously owned.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
scobeh

went through 1 gallon and this thing is a blast
Old 09-27-2007, 07:14 PM
scobeh

having a time adjusting bracks please help
Old 09-29-2007, 03:00 PM
zJatoRad

If you said that to me since I was the one asking about the .12 engine, let me tell you that I have been racing for over a year 1/8 Buggy and I want to start racing 1/10 2wd, I want to be different and race this thing. I don't care spending an extra $150 to drop a .12 in it. I'll also get some Futaba servos (S9450 is my favorite for steering - brakes/throttle) and i'll also use my FASST system.

well no one has answered my question, is there an O.S. .12 that will fit this truck with no mods..?
Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
RCN2ZST

SOME PICS OF THE NEW UPPER CHASSIS THATS GONNA GO ON MY FIRESTORM. NEEDS TO BE POLISH. THANX TO MY BRO FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME AND MAKING ALL MY ALUMINUM PARTS. CHECK THE THICKNESS IS KIND OF HARD TO TELL BUT IS TWICE THE SIZE AND THE WEAK POINTS ARE GONE CHECK THE YELLOW ARROWS.

COMMENTS?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97745.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	773465   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49888.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	773466  
Old 09-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Dokioto

Well I think I have found my next truck... Looks solid (I'm a basher)..

Read the first 20 pages of the thread and am getting a lot of info. How are the stock servos? Are there any parts on this truck that break often? Thanks
Old 09-30-2007, 08:31 PM
d3d5

ORIGINAL: Dokioto

Well I think I have found my next truck... Looks solid (I'm a basher)..

Read the first 20 pages of the thread and am getting a lot of info. How are the stock servos? Are there any parts on this truck that break often? Thanks
onthing brakes to often i just broke a coupe dogbones and 1 clutch shoe from hard bashing.

i finally got my truck back together today its been laying on a table in pieces i put in a new throttle servo and clutch shoes/spring in it tommrow i will start adjusting everything when i start it up
Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Dokioto

Sounds good.. This seems to be the best bang for the buck stadium truck on the market as of right now.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:19 PM
d3d5

my brake suck on mine i'm having trouble adjusting them anyone else having this problem?
Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
FirestormBasher

I agree with the statement earlier, dont do alloy untill you can do it all. It will break everything else that is plastic, I'm removing most of mine untill they have some better options. Seems like with alloy everythime I take it out it is breaking, or stripping something.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:01 PM
FirestormBasher

ORIGINAL: RCN2ZST

SOME PICS OF THE NEW UPPER CHASSIS THATS GONNA GO ON MY FIRESTORM. NEEDS TO BE POLISH. THANX TO MY BRO FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME AND MAKING ALL MY ALUMINUM PARTS. CHECK THE THICKNESS IS KIND OF HARD TO TELL BUT IS TWICE THE SIZE AND THE WEAK POINTS ARE GONE CHECK THE YELLOW ARROWS.

COMMENTS?
After killing a front plate I flatened it down, and layed it ontop of the new one. Twice as thick now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79844.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	774751  
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 PM
d3d5

i just got my firestor running after i repaced my clutch shoes and spring but afer 2 runs when i give the egine full throttle the it moves just not that fast think the clutch shoes are messed up again hopefully not
Old 10-04-2007, 08:29 PM
pinq

sorry if this has been asked before, but i'm planning on starting nitro cars, and was wondering how the runtimes on the firestorm is. I've noticed that it has a 75cc fuel tank, so i was hoping somebody could tell me how much runtime you get on 1 fuel tank. thank you
-Donald
Old 10-05-2007, 07:25 AM
rclynx

Average would probably be around 10 minutes but it can vary by as much as 4 minutes each way[&o]
Old 10-05-2007, 10:47 AM
pinq

so that means approx 2 hrs of runtime on 1 quart right?
Old 10-05-2007, 03:25 PM
sapper ion

umm, sure if that is what the math comes out to be
Old 10-05-2007, 03:58 PM
rclynx

At 10 minutes a tank it would be 1 hour and 5 minutes[&:]took that long for me to research that to[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 10-05-2007, 07:23 PM
nprox101

hey how do you put a second gear in one of these i mean i love how fast ut goes & the amount of power but i like high top speeds
Old 10-06-2007, 07:06 AM
rclynx

Not something I would do but[:@]if you want speed and 2 gears Jato is the only way to go[:'(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.