Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Old 01-25-2007, 01:01 PM
absolute76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

My bro just got the Firestorm and we just finished breaking it in. The Firestorm runs pretty good, my only gripe is with the tuned pipe. Is there a way to keep the fuel tube attached to the tuned pipe without it popping off? Or what aftermarket tuned pipe would be a good replacement.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:48 PM
buggymangp

hey 76
yea i have the same problem with my stock savage pipe.
it would of been nice if hpi had that little nipple thing on the end of the pipe.
i seen some cars have a spring type wire clamp on thier cars but my LHS doesn`t carry them.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:26 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take an exacto knife and cut off a section of fuel tubing from the end about 1/8" long. Stretch it open with a pair of needle nose pliers and slide it over the end of the fuel tubing, push it on about an inch. Now reconnect the fuel tubing to the nipple and slide the short piece up to the end of the tubing--voila! Instant tube clamp.
Old 01-27-2007, 04:51 AM
hillbilie

ok i got my firestorm last monday but havent had time to break it in yet untill today, i am using trinity monster horsepower 20% and i could only get the truck to run for a few seconds then it would die, at the most it ran for like 20sec the idle is good and everything i have not messed with the hsn or lsn because they are already set for break in, the only way i could get it to run is by puting a few drops of fuel into the cylinder then pulling on it to clear it out a little, put the glow plug back in, then it would start right up and run for a few secs then die. i pressurized the fuel tank by puting my finger over the exhaust stinger and pulling a few times untill i saw fuel reach the carb, what do u guys think my prob is. the only thing i think is wrong is maby there are still some air bubles in the fuel line, it seems like fuel starvation? and i am broke so i bought one of those glow plug ignitors that runs off a c batterie and it does not seem to last long at all, how long do the recharable ignitors last? thanks guys im going to get back on it in the morning i should be able to figure this out, does it usually take a long time to get a motor going for the first time?
Old 01-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Tamiya Racer

Sup guys, I have had my firestorm for almost 2weeks now. I raced last Sat. I got 2nd in the Bmain. Not bad for me cause this is my 2nd nitro car. I love this car, my LHS, Hobby town USA has all parts for the Firestorm on back order, cause parts come out in Feb. 07. I have only run minds on an indoor track. It handles great, just change the rear tires. I know 1 thing this thing is crazy fast on our indoor track, everybody @ the track said dang that truck has alot of horsepower.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:35 AM
firestormracer7

Hey I'm thinking about buying a Firestorm, could anybody tell me how fast it goes.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:39 PM
car freak

here's a video of it. Not the best video but it gives you an idea of the speed. [link]http://www.hpieurope.com/show_video.php?lang=en&videoID=102[/link]
Old 01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
standupclothing

why do you want to know how fast it goes? Top speed does not matter but I would say 30+

100th post [8D]
Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 AM
absolute76

ORIGINAL: hillbilie

ok i got my firestorm last monday but havent had time to break it in yet untill today, i am using trinity monster horsepower 20% and i could only get the truck to run for a few seconds then it would die, at the most it ran for like 20sec the idle is good and everything i have not messed with the hsn or lsn because they are already set for break in, the only way i could get it to run is by puting a few drops of fuel into the cylinder then pulling on it to clear it out a little, put the glow plug back in, then it would start right up and run for a few secs then die. i pressurized the fuel tank by puting my finger over the exhaust stinger and pulling a few times untill i saw fuel reach the carb, what do u guys think my prob is. the only thing i think is wrong is maby there are still some air bubles in the fuel line, it seems like fuel starvation? and i am broke so i bought one of those glow plug ignitors that runs off a c batterie and it does not seem to last long at all, how long do the recharable ignitors last? thanks guys im going to get back on it in the morning i should be able to figure this out, does it usually take a long time to get a motor going for the first time?
My bro had the same prob with his Firestorm also. We looked at it and noticed that the cooling head was not properly bolted on. Once the cooling head was tightened, it ran like a champ. Give that a try.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:18 AM
crook
Banned

I also had a time starting mine and keeping it running.Today i found loosened bolts on the head.and pullstarter housing bolts where also loose, and that would cause nthe pullstarter to recoil back and kill the engine, guess it would bind in there..because It isnt doing that anymore.(good old loctite).so chec all your engine bolts..Mine was brand new so I guess they let a few get by them.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Joebaby35
My Feedback: (14)

The Firestorm looks like another over-powered RWD Stadium Truck targeting beginners who say things like "How fast does it go"

NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT

I might get one used sooner or later just to try it out. But I don't think it will replace any of my RC10GT's.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:45 PM
standupclothing

how many pulls does it take you guys to prime it up? just wandering
Old 02-07-2007, 12:26 AM
crook
Banned

3 or 4 pulls with pluggin exhaust tip up, fue line is usually filled up. But then thats where it all alls apart for me. When I start to flood it, and then get all stupid with my settings. Then 15 minutes get it starte for 15 seconds or until I hit the brakes.Then it dies. or when I get to ful throatle, it will bog out and die! need some hhelp please
Old 02-07-2007, 12:53 AM
standupclothing

my recoil is going out..... is the roto start worth it?
Old 02-07-2007, 10:38 AM
BuzzBomber

ORIGINAL: standupclothing

my recoil is going out..... is the roto start worth it?
YES! It is so much easier to deal with that when the pullstart spring snapped on mine, I just gutted the pullstart and left it that way. Mine's drillstart only and I like it that way. Any cheap cordless drill can do the job if you do't want to buy a roto/spin start unit, matter of fact I'm using a 7.2V cordless screwdriver because it's easier to lug around and still has enough power to spin the .21 easily.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:21 PM
standupclothing

[8D] do you have to have a special bit? do you have to have a backplate thing to make it work? do i still have to buy the roto kit?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
gtr

nice pre-painted bodyshells from HPI

Blue/Black

Green/Black
Old 02-08-2007, 09:57 AM
BuzzBomber

ORIGINAL: standupclothing

[8D] do you have to have a special bit? do you have to have a backplate thing to make it work? do i still have to buy the roto kit?
Sorry, I was speaking about my MGT there. I forgot the Firestorm comes pullstart only[sm=disappointed.gif]. If you want to do rotostart on this truck you'll need the backplate(part #87117) and rotostart unit(part #87110). Or at least the backplate and the shaft from the starter if you want to use a drill. If you search these parts on ebay, they go cheap(if you're lucky). Either way, I like roto start MUCH better than pullstart.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:28 AM
crook
Banned

This is my Firestorm with my custom paint I put on real quick, while I waited for the glow plug ignitor to charge, The orange just wasnt my thing!

Old 02-08-2007, 02:58 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

There is nothing wrong with a pull starter if you know how to tune and do not pull the cord out to far!
Old 02-08-2007, 04:03 PM
BuzzBomber

ORIGINAL: 46u

There is nothing wrong with a pull starter if you know how to tune and do not pull the cord out to far!
Well, I know how to tune an engine, as I currently have about a dozen engines, two and four stroke, car and plane, and they all fire right up in a second or two on the starter, and I never broke a pullstarter by pulling too far. However, just as a matter of preference, I don't like pullstarts if they can be avoided. If you're going to add the weight of a backplate with a one-way bearing, why bother with the complexity and fragility of a glorified clockspring and a piece of string instead of fitting a socket for an external starter? That said though, I'd prefer a pull-start to the traxxas starter system--that thing makes me thing of a Rube Goldberg sketch! Then again, that's just my opinion, you're all certainly entitled to yours.[sm=teeth_smile.gif]
Old 02-09-2007, 01:22 AM
standupclothing

BuzzBomber.... thanks for the info!!! I will order it when i have money! Does nitro cleaner work good? Can i use acetone or something instead?
Old 02-09-2007, 05:56 AM
YfzinJay

Tempting deal I found for this machine. Towerhobbies.com for $261.99-$35 coupon(code 010EG) and if you use paypal you can use the rebate they are offering for $15 of a $30 purchase. So with $8.99 flat rate shipping that puts the truck at $221. The paypal rebate puts money back into your account on May 28th.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:55 AM
BuzzBomber

Nitro cleaner works well, it's just expensive, IMO. Acetone is great for cleaning on a part by part basis, but I wouldn't use it to clean the whole truck. It is more caustic than necessary and attacks some plastics.
I do keep a spray can of nitro cleaner around for when I just want to quickly get the major grunge off. When I do a complete cleaning, I usually start by blowing the truck off with an airgun. Then I spray it down with my home made cleaner(1 part simple green, 2 parts denatured alchohol) from an old windex bottle and let it soak a couple minutes. Then it gets a quick blowoff again, a quick mist of WD40 and a final blowoff. This works for me, others may have better methods for their own use...
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Gamemaker

Using a HPI F-350 Ford body on my hpi will show all when done.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87298.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	617374  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.