Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 08:54 AM
RC_THLR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

just looked maple is out. and if go had it id pay shipping and tax cause im a ca resident.
Old 06-23-2007, 01:32 PM
hevyhitter

ORIGINAL: RC_THLR

just looked maple is out. and if go had it id pay shipping and tax cause im a ca resident.

i feel you brother, i hate paying 10 dollars tax on something, when shipping takes almost the same amount of time if i ordered it a state over. in this hobby that 10 dollars can apply to alot of stuff(hinge pins, body mounts, a-arms) you will be suprised how much more you will get when not getting taxed.

other then that if you really need the part pronto. i would go with tower hobbies and a 10 payment for 3 day shipping or 20 for 2 day(sonic shipping). and get my stuff. i bit the bullet the first month i got the firestorm and broke it. i was in dire need of spur gears, and bulkheads, i stupidly spent around 80 bucks just getting those. just so i could have them within a week delivered to my house. if i left it up to the lhs i would of waited for months. even today they still never recieved my spur!(ordered 3-4 weeks ago) granted there are times to wait for parts and put the rc down for awhile(like now, my motor is shot). but then there are times when its a 3 dollar part that keeps you from not playing. thats when it gets hard not to get online order 3 of them and spend 30 buck on something stupid.

Old 06-23-2007, 08:48 PM
RC_THLR

yeah i know exactly what u mean its just hard after seeing everyone get theirs for $220,$235 and then my lhs said he would do it for $235 plus tax which i was fine with because he has given me so much free stuff and big discounts on other things i wanted to finally buy a car from himbut he couldnt get it from anywhere he even told me "just go else where and get it" hobby town has it for 259.99 plus tax so ill just bite the bullet on tax cause i really dont want to order from graves rc( which by the way is the only place online with firestorms in stock) just to save $10 and wait a week or so to get it.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 AM
edge101

Hey Guys you should try stormerhobbies.com they have alot of stuff that's usually were I get all my stuff cause I don't even have a lhs.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:22 PM
One_Love_Element_Skateboards

Isnt this a FIRESTORM thread?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:13 PM
RC_THLR

well i bought the last one the hobbbytown 15 mi. from my house had and paid 259.99 plus the tax and i also picked up a venom hump pack while i was there guess when i get home tomorrow it will be break in time!!! any suggestions follow the directions? or heat cycle it? and i was wondering if anyone has tried to slap some jato 3.3 wheels and tires on theirs?
Old 06-25-2007, 03:52 AM
xxRyanTxx

Well I pulled my truck down to rebuild the diff and replace a few parts and found that there maybe a small power gain to be had with modifying the stock exhaust header. In the picture below, you can see that exhaust port of the engine is wider than the header port. Perhaps opening up the header with a dremel may gain power somewhere in the rev range. But would it be worthwhile ?

Old 06-25-2007, 06:20 AM

well i bought the last one the hobbbytown 15 mi. from my house had and paid 259.99 plus the tax and i also picked up a venom hump pack while i was there guess when i get home tomorrow it will be break in time!!! any suggestions follow the directions? or heat cycle it? and i was wondering if anyone has tried to slap some jato 3.3 wheels and tires on theirs?
I heat cycled mine and it runs like a dream... id do it again...
Old 06-25-2007, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: xxRyanTxx

Well I pulled my truck down to rebuild the diff and replace a few parts and found that there maybe a small power gain to be had with modifying the stock exhaust header. In the picture below, you can see that exhaust port of the engine is wider than the header port. Perhaps opening up the header with a dremel may gain power somewhere in the rev range. But would it be worthwhile ?
Hey Ryant, could u check the carb where the air filter hooks on and see if it has a "carb restrictor"?
i read about them being on the rc10gt and i know if ya pull it out u get a power gain, its like a lil plastic ring stuck in the end of the carb... im kinda only askin this cos i cant be stuffed takin my filter off to check.. i thort seein as u have ur engine out.. lol
Thx..
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 AM
RC_THLR

ORIGINAL: One_Love_Element_Skateboards

I heat cycled mine and it runs like a dream... id do it again...
how do u heat cycle it?
Old 06-25-2007, 12:10 PM
smokey420

anyone know how to get the rust outa the engine cause mine still runs ok but it's just not right
Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM
djheptic

ORIGINAL: smokey420

anyone know how to get the rust outa the engine cause mine still runs ok but it's just not right
damn rust in the engine is not good man. I would strip your engine down and give the piston and sleeve a good clean in nitro. And in future use after-run oil!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM

http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/ma..._break-in.html
Thats a good one for heat cycle break in...
Old 06-25-2007, 06:52 PM
RC_THLR

one last question about heat cycling is there any easier way to tell when the piston is down rather than pulling the plug out?
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 PM
birel19

I just got a firestorm and am very impressed with its speed and handling. For the money it is deffinetaly the best around. I have a couple of questions though.

1) Are there any good tires that dont wear down so fast, my squares are almost off! the front holdup well though

2) Is there a way to make the breaks better, mine take a while for it to slow down on he road

3)Whats are some "tricks to make it preform better?

4)do you guys have any good ramp plans so i could build one?

5) While jumping off small jumps, even w/the gas on it noses down...Is this normal?

P.S. I think i fixed my carb problem knock on wood!!!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Oscardms

I'm having a brain fart and cant remember how to solve my problem. When I go Full Wide open throttle, my firestorm starts to bog and wants to die. Is it running too rich or too lean? Thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:16 PM
birel19

a bit to lean....richen 1/4 turn increments until it stops and then lean/tun from there
Old 06-25-2007, 11:00 PM
RC_THLR

just heat cycled mine and after i let it cool i decided to run it once and this thing BANGS!!! i was doing wheelies and all i just gotta fine tune it a smidge!
Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 AM
xxRyanTxx

ORIGINAL: One_Love_Element_Skateboards

ORIGINAL: xxRyanTxx

Hey Ryant, could u check the carb where the air filter hooks on and see if it has a "carb restrictor"?
i read about them being on the rc10gt and i know if ya pull it out u get a power gain, its like a lil plastic ring stuck in the end of the carb... im kinda only askin this cos i cant be stuffed takin my filter off to check.. i thort seein as u have ur engine out.. lol
Thx..
Nope, no carb restrictor to be seen.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:47 PM
freestyler001

YAY ive finally got my Firestorm (just wanted to post this bit of information seeing as it is my first car and im really happy )
Old 06-26-2007, 01:47 PM
buggymangp

one last question about heat cycling is there any easier way to tell when the piston is down rather than pulling the plug out?
since nobody answered your question. its an easy one too.
just turn the flywheel until it dont feel tight. be careful its going to be hot.
one more thing you can do is what i do. find BDC, bottom dead center and mark the flywheel with some paint or marker.
i put all my engine on BDC right after shut down while they are still hot.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:50 PM
RC_THLR

ORIGINAL: buggymangp

since nobody answered your question. its an easy one too.
just turn the flywheel until it dont feel tight. be careful its going to be hot.
one more thing you can do is what i do. find BDC, bottom dead center and mark the flywheel with some paint or marker.
i put all my engine on BDC right after shut down while they are still hot.

sweet thanx for answering i couldnt wait any longer so i just pulled the glow plug out and looked!
Old 06-28-2007, 03:52 PM
justbash

Just thought I should let you Guys know that I have done two G3.0 engines (conrod snapped)

I am waiting for my 3rd engine (been 2 weeks) my LHS called me an told me that I will have to wait another week as HPI are not going to rebuild it as there seems to be a problem with the G3.0 and are going to send me a new version.

I will let you know how it is next week.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:20 PM
WaNNaGOAFAST8

hey iam new to this board and new to the stadium trucks i was wondering if you guys thought it would be a good idea to buy the firestorm?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 PM
xxRyanTxx

Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.