Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 06:21 PM
nitro-rob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I broke my pull starter again (the one I rebuilt). I am out until my roto and back plate arrive on wednesday. I will get the truck ready for the servo and backplate in the meantime....thats my weekend of FS fun.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:59 PM
NitroNate

BlindObject,Your saying you can start the truck with the wheels off the ground,but when you set it on the ground the engine cuts out?Check your clutch.The Storms clutch spring is rather weak and will break easily.Just get the Savage 21 teflon clutch set and your good to go.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:07 AM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

BlindObject,Your saying you can start the truck with the wheels off the ground,but when you set it on the ground the engine cuts out?Check your clutch.The Storms clutch spring is rather weak and will break easily.Just get the Savage 21 teflon clutch set and your good to go.

Yeah, the spring came out and I had to take it apart and put it back together. Can you give me a link plz?

Also, break in was done, and I got to play with it a bit, my friend brought his JATO and we played some tag and its lots of fun. I can actually do wheelies off the line, which is way awesome. Nothing broke yet, only very few scratches. I just realized that it came with a TF-1 controller, and I already had a TF-4 the whole time. lol Can't wait to buy hop ups.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:32 PM
BlindObject

Bad day. [&o]

I broke the head of the screw that goes on the end of the the crank shaft...so my dad decides to try and fix it and uses a thin drill, but it causes the the body of the screw to go even deeper.

Now I have to buy a crank shaft [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXPZG3&P=Z](here)[/link] and the screw. Which sucks majorly since the crankshaft alone is 29.99.

I'm bummed, that's another 4-5 days of waiting. Anyone think HPI can give me the free parts?
Old 08-23-2008, 03:51 PM
nitro-rob

Blind Object - so what about your clutch bell touching the slipper clutch plate?
Old 08-23-2008, 04:34 PM
BlindObject

ORIGINAL: nitro-rob

Blind Object - so what about your clutch bell touching the slipper clutch plate?

It touches it, but barely. It doesn't effect it at all.

I ordered a new crankshaft and some z541 screws. I hope taking the engine apart is not a difficult task.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:47 PM
nitro-rob

I just bought a traxxas t-maxx kit that has no radio or reciever in it.
Can I buy a receiver unit for the truck that is compatible with the FS controller?...or do I have to buy a new receiver for both trucks and controller to do this?

Can anyone recommend a good link to get me up to speed on the compatibility of radios and receivers? I don't know how universal things are.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:05 PM
nitro rc

I just bought a traxxas t-maxx kit that has no radio or reciever in it.
Can I buy a receiver unit for the truck that is compatible with the FS controller?...or do I have to buy a new receiver for both trucks and controller to do this?

Can anyone recommend a good link to get me up to speed on the compatibility of radios and receivers? I don't know how universal things are.
just get another firestorm receiver and put it in the tmaxx that is the same frequency as the transmitter. that should work. I am not sure about this, so don't trust me. it just sounded like it made sense LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 06:17 PM
nitro-rob

That was what I was thinking of, but wonder about connectivity to the traxxas servos, or any brand of servos in general.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't the tmaxxs come with a 3 channel system? throttle, steering and reverse. if it comes with just a 2 channel system the you would be fine running a firestorm RX TX. but why not just get a second radio system. that way you could run both cars at the same time. its more fun if you are running with someone else IMHO!
Old 08-23-2008, 11:20 PM
nitro-rob

n.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:06 AM
nitro-rob

They are three channel but the newer trucks don't have reverse....mine is a classic and I will convert it to forward only. But you are right, I should just get something exclusive for the tmaxx and not mix with my FS.

I also don't plan on sharing my truck(s) anymore, its too expensive to trust people who don't have a truck of their own to bash.
Old 08-24-2008, 12:28 PM
yakfish
My Feedback: (27)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also don't plan on sharing my truck(s) anymore, its too expensive to trust people who don't have a truck of their own to bash.
I heard that! I let my BIL try out a very fast RS4 that I had and within 25 seconds I had a broken shock front bulkhead brace and several other parts that were in need of replacement. he found the one parking block in the parking lot!!lol!
Old 08-24-2008, 04:56 PM
nitro-rob

All of my major repairs are from when it was loaned out for a few seconds - people treat it like a cheap electric truck and drive it like a jerk almost immediately when you give them the controller. I am usually disappointed with the level of respect afforded to my most valuable toy (and they can tell its pretty important to me).

The other day a friend drove my FS wide open at my son and I had to jump in front of it. He was looking at the truck and not where it was going yet had the throttle pegged.

The best thing to have are buddies with their own trucks - anybody from the Kitchener - Waterloo - Cambridge Ontario, Canada, area?
Old 08-24-2008, 05:01 PM
nitro-rob

I am preparing my FS for my Hitec 645MG servo and found my servo saver nut completely unattached and applying no tension - no wonder the truck couldn't steer. I am certain it came from the factory like that.

Anybody else have this problem when it arrived?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 AM
Pauole

Does anyone have any recommendations for a tuned pipe for the firestorm. And does it really increase performance by a noticeable amount?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:23 PM
garzzar

I am preparing my FS for my Hitec 645MG servo and found my servo saver nut completely unattached and applying no tension - no wonder the truck couldn't steer. I am certain it came from the factory like that.

Anybody else have this problem when it arrived?
i had this problem straight from factory before i ever started luckily i checked after hearing some stories from this forum

as for the tuned pipe i have been looking arround to and cant offer any advice.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:25 PM
rclynx

There will probably be some nae sayers but I've had good results selling this [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=736]associated[/link] pipe even with an OS .18 on it [:-]
Old 08-25-2008, 01:13 PM
nitro rc

After waiting a week for HPI to send me exhaust gaskets, my bro was finally able ru nthe storm again. It is so much fun now that i have someone to ru nmy tmaxx with. We ran the firestorm on our backyard track for a while then decided to start bashing. We made a jump from a wood board leaned on a tree stump. The firestorm flies like a $1000 race machine. It takes off perfect, flies through the air perfect, and lands perfect, every single time. It is a great little truck off road for having such a low graound clearance. I tuned the high speed needle a bit the second time we used it and haven't tuched it since. It seems like the engine is running great. the low end is still at factory settings and i can definitely tell by the acceleration. Should i leave it or lean it about 1/4 turn. i just don't want the engine to get messed up after using it 3 times.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 PM
nitro rc

we are running our storm for about 2.5 tanks without shutting it off. Towards the end it began to bog before accelerating like it was out of gas. I forget, does that mean it is too lean or too rich on the LSN?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:03 AM
rclynx

To rich [&o]
Old 08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
nitro rc

too rich on the LSN or HSN. The HSn is leaned about 1/2 turn. So if i lean the LSN about 1/4 turn, will that be good for a while?
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 AM
BlindObject

Gah...still waiting for my crank shaft and etc. =(
Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 AM
garzzar

i havent been able to run my firestorm for awhile i know its running too hot but its so hard to tune without a temp gun, so im trying to hold back til i get one so i dont ruin my engine lol
Old 08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
nitro rc

ORIGINAL: garzzar

i havent been able to run my firestorm for awhile i know its running too hot but its so hard to tune without a temp gun, so im trying to hold back til i get one so i dont ruin my engine lol
ya i wish i had a temp gun also. it would help so much. Thats why i'm running my storm on the richer side. (for now at least)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.