Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

-=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Darkmacheen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -=OFFICIAL HPI FIRESTORM THREAD=-

I might be confused. The a arms seem to be ok. the pin that holds the a arm in slips out i think. then i have to undo the two small screws remove the pin, reposition the a arm and reinsert the pin. after that im good to go agin. i just wonder if maybe there is longer pins or a better aftermarket hold down or something? its an easy fix just really aggrevating when u go over a small bump to have to fix it every time.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:48 PM
suttyct

Has anyone ever used copper grease in thier cars, i am thinking about using it in mine?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:00 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: suttyct

Has anyone ever used copper grease in thier cars, i am thinking about using it in mine?
Never have. I use lithium grease.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:07 PM
NitroNate

ORIGINAL: Darkmacheen

I might be confused. The a arms seem to be ok. the pin that holds the a arm in slips out i think. then i have to undo the two small screws remove the pin, reposition the a arm and reinsert the pin. after that im good to go agin. i just wonder if maybe there is longer pins or a better aftermarket hold down or something? its an easy fix just really aggrevating when u go over a small bump to have to fix it every time.
Check your a-arms to see of its split at the splice where the pin slides through it...If the pin is still in its proper place,the a-arm is the faulty part.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:11 PM
suttyct

Oh Okay, cause with my job i have access to some and it is damn slippery.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:44 PM
Darkmacheen

Ok The a arm is the bad part. It had to have been bad right out of the box because i have not hit anything or rolled this truck at all.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Darkmacheen

Ok. This may be the wrong forum for this but, Up for Sale or trade, Just broken in Hpi firestorm 10t. Apparently in good order minus the control arm. I have been a traxxas man for 4 years and i am dissapointed with hpi. Take this damn thing off of my hands or trade me for something i can work with.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-11-2009, 02:59 PM
nitro-rob

Bill - don't get frustrated too early. It is a very good truck and strong as hell. Mine broke a fair bit in the first few weeks (not HPI's fault) but once I got onto this truck it has been a rock since. If you have a persistent single problem with the truck it is likely not recurring but rather not fixed to begin with. I went the other way and dumped all my traxxas in favour of HPI's engineering (sold two t-maxx's today, one to go). If you have bad arms call HPI, they will likely send you new ones. The truck has a warranty, take advantage of it.

Post photos of the troubled area for us to look at - I am certain this can be resolved.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:58 PM
NitroNate

You are one phone call away from keeping your future favorite truck...In other words,you might regret selling it.Several guys on here,including myself,were a bit frustrated with the flawed out-of-the-box a-arms.241racing actualy HATED the Firestorm before making the phone call you can make.HPI will send you their brand new a-arms with their newest,strongest nylon construction.No regrets here!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Darkmacheen

ok. i am going to call them monday and give them a shot at making it right. thanks for the input!!
Old 04-12-2009, 12:50 PM
firestorm2009

HAs anyone upgraded the bearing in their FS.

I have heard the bearings in the Storm are pretty cruddy.
And if anyone has what bearing have you used.

Firestorm2009
Old 04-12-2009, 01:29 PM
ro.sniper

I also broke the front arm at the pin, ordered a new composite one but, in the meanwhile, i crazy glued the fracture and it seem to be pretty solid surprisingly... as soon as the other arms get here I will put them on.
Old 04-12-2009, 06:53 PM
firestorm2009

What does boring it out do???

And how do you do it?
Old 04-12-2009, 08:03 PM
nitro-rob

I use the stock bearings and havn't heard of any issue with them. I bored them with a dremel. Here are the before and after photos reposted. The area to remove was painted in white. Be careful not to put a hole through the side. Boring provides more exhaust flow which increases the efficiency of the engine. The stock header is pretty restrictive. I think New Era models sells a wider-bored header.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83977.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1178977   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56267.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1178978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47516.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1178979  
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM
nitro-rob

ORIGINAL: Darkmacheen

ok. i am going to call them monday and give them a shot at making it right. thanks for the input!!
Great. Let us know how it goes. They really are good, strong trucks and HPI does a good job of backing their equipment up. I guess some of the bad first run arms are still floating around.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE.

Tomorrow I hope to sell my last t-maxx. That leaves two more trucks to sell and I am down to my select fleet. I think that having too many trucks distracted me from driving and I spent too much time tweaking and building. Its good to have a few trucks to minimize down time but there is a limit. I updated my fuel logs on my trucks today and figured out I only ran 1.5 gallons through my storm in total! In fact, I only burned two gallons all last year. It rained a lot. I've burned 3/4 of a gallon this year already on my MT2 (havn't had the storm out yet) and am just getting started. THIS IS MY YEAR TO BURN SOME FUEL.

Nate - Have you had the storm out yet this year?
Old 04-12-2009, 10:26 PM
NitroNate

The last time I ran my Storm was last fall.I was going to run it yesterday,but it rained all morning.As soon as the weather comes around,i'll probably run it once a week on average.I'll also be getting a new camera,so hopefully I can make you guys a video consisting 20ft high jumps!I'll probably need some time tuning it yet,but hopfully I can get it up and running good by the time I get the camera...
How about you,BTW?
Old 04-12-2009, 10:37 PM
nitro-rob

I have been getting out for about an hour here or there but still drive alone. I made a few friends in the area, found some new driving spots and will check out the local track so hopefully there will be somebody to drive with that can hold my video camera. My storm is likely going to get pure street action this year and I have some upgrades planned for it that will take it out of commission for a month or so.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:43 PM
firestorm2009

nitro-rob

thanks for the input.
I will try it by my self how will i know if i have done it wrong. i am pretty sure i would see a hole if i did that.
but will there be a sound change? if i do something wrong. is going to big a bad thing?

firestorm2009

i will have pictures of mine next week just waiting on a few items to finish it up.
=D
Old 04-12-2009, 11:50 PM
nitro-rob

Just try to make a wide exit for the exhaust and have the hold be smooth with a gradual slope to the 'tube' portion of the header from the engine output. It will be obvious if you go too far. The more flow the better but space is limited. Just go out and do it. Use a gasket to mark your limits. I used a gasket as a mask, applied paint to mark the area that can be removed then removed the gasket and started cutting. I recommend putting the header in a vice and not holding it with your hand.

I put a hole in my first one and didn't have the cleanest cut. It cost 14 dollars to replace and worked out well the second time so the loss was minimal.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
JUBE

Hello, which shocks are advisable to replace the original ones??
Old 04-13-2009, 12:02 AM
firestorm2009

okay.

I did it before reading your next post. I dont have that gradual slope you recommended.
Do you think that will be a bad thing.

Firestorm2009
Old 04-13-2009, 03:45 AM
suttyct

Hi All, okay not am I only new to nitro RC Cars, but i am also new to forums full stop. I have ordered my firestorm and i will have it in a week when i pick it up in South Africa, but i work in tanzania, so my question is, other than the bulk head, what other spare shoutld i order that break easy, so i have a few spares with me here in Tanzania. I have also ordered a new servo, and the genral suplies, glow plug lighter, fuel filler bottle, ect.[:@]

I do admit that i have only read the first 80 pages of this forum, and the last ten, and that took a long time, so if someone has already asked this i am sorry about that.[X(]

Seen some of your guys FS and they look amazing, can't wait to get mine.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:59 AM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: suttyct

Hi All, okay not am I only new to nitro RC Cars, but i am also new to forums full stop. I have ordered my firestorm and i will have it in a week when i pick it up in South Africa, but i work in tanzania, so my question is, other than the bulk head, what other spare shoutld i order that break easy, so i have a few spares with me here in Tanzania. I have also ordered a new servo, and the genral suplies, glow plug lighter, fuel filler bottle, ect.[:@]

I do admit that i have only read the first 80 pages of this forum, and the last ten, and that took a long time, so if someone has already asked this i am sorry about that.[X(]

Seen some of your guys FS and they look amazing, can't wait to get mine.
Welcome to the hobby and the forum!
wow, that's alot of reading. I don't have my firestorm yet, but I know with nitro rc's it never hurts to have a spare spur gear around.

I also have a question of my own....
Where do you folks get your replacement air filter elements? a link would be nice if it's online somewhere
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 AM
NitroNate

I do most of my shopping at www.towerhobbies.com .Or you could try www.amainhobbies.com .
Old 04-13-2009, 09:41 AM
NitroNate

Well,I charged up my batteries,installed a clean airfilter,tested the glow-plug,installed the stock tires/wheels,and lubed the engine with after-run oil.I'm ready to go! [8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.