Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

GXR18 Engine Problem. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 08:53 AM
MgSuPrA101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GXR18 Engine Problem. HELP

So I bought a Kyosho DBX a few days ago, got it yesterday and started to get it to run and break in. Problem is though that my high speed needle doesnt seem to tighten? Is this normal? If anyone has a similar needle, does the whole outter casing and the needle inside spin together or is just the needle supposed to spin? I havent gotten the thing to run yet other then directly putting fuel into the carb which then it runs which mean its not getting fuel.... SOMEONE help please. Thanks =)

Old 03-01-2009, 09:01 AM
KILL--ROY

Default RE: GXR18 Engine Problem. HELP

Get might be screwed all the way down, which is way it wont tighten, and it is not getting any fuel.

Have you turned it out like you are riching it. Turn it out 4 turns and see if it will start.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 AM
MgSuPrA101

Well heres the thing, DO I go by when the casing has no gaps in it ? because idk what 4 turns out would mean if theres no tightning spot for it....it just keeps turning. I had a big gap between the top and bottom part of the outter casing thinking that would solve the problem but it seems like it didn't.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:23 AM
MgSuPrA101

Got it!!!! the outer casing seems to have broken its seal so when you go to screw the HSN the casing goes with it and doesn nothing, but i took a pair of pliers and held onto the casing, screw out the HSN, i got it running and ran a quick lap around the parking lot outside my condo complex. Quick little thing but yeah just wondering what everyone has their needles set to cause mine seems like its set pretty well with a bit of smoke coming out and all but it def needs a lil tuning. =D
Old 03-01-2009, 11:47 AM
calvino

there is no 'general' tune for cars, just make a series of passes (after like 3-4 to warm the engine up) at different HSN settings, lean about 1/8 of a turn to get the most performance from the engine, thats how we tune them. No 2 engines are exactly the same, I could have one that runs at 3 turns and another may run at 2, its all dependent on the engine and the temps [8D]
Old 03-01-2009, 12:28 PM
MgSuPrA101

yeah good point, but now mine wont start at all i think i may have blew the Glow plug or ignighter
Old 03-01-2009, 12:35 PM
NITRO ACE

Glad to hear you got it going. Is the HSN case going to be ok? [sm=idea.gif]
Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
MgSuPrA101

Yeah I think there was a glue type seal holding it in place and I screwed the HSN in too hard so it stuck too the Casing for it and then when i went to loosen it, it took the casing with it and that was the problem.I Just gotta figure out now why it wont start, it was running fine before, i went through like 80% of my first tank. Things a beast, Question when you pull out the glow plug and connect the igniter to it too see if its still ignighting, is the coil supposed to glow to the very very top or does it cut out like right before it? I think i may have bought a bad glow plug if thats possible cause i reeplaced the stock one with a O.S. 8 Plug and it still wont start and the glow looks exactly the same as the stock one.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 PM
NITRO ACE

I am pretty sure it should just glow really bright with no dark spots, if the battery is fully charged. I use the odonnell #ODO77 medium/ hot glow plugs and they work great especially when it's cold outdoors. I use odonnell 20% race or tower 20% fuel. I have three glow ignitors and I really like the one that uses one AA battery cuz it's small and light but I change the battery about every other start, or use a duracell nimh 2650mah rechargeable in it. [sm=49_49.gif]

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/23256
Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 PM
MgSuPrA101

Ah yeah that is nice, me and my father are gonna pick up a few new ones because were using some cheap ones. Also i live in very cold weather as well so is there any exact Glow plugs that will work better in the cold over warmer weather for the time being? Same with fuel? Thanks guys