Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

i cant get my firestorm to start HELP

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

i cant get my firestorm to start HELP

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 08:02 PM
hillbilie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i cant get my firestorm to start HELP

i cannot get this freekin thing to run more than 10 seconds, and now i cant even get it to start at all. its nice and warm outside, im using trinity monster horsepower 20%. i primed the fuel by puting my finger over the stinger and pulling. my glow ignitor is workng corectly, i have tried new glow plugs, but nothing i dont know what is wrong any ideas? i want to break this thing in tonight so i can play tomorow

edit forgot to mention the truck is brand new this is its first time trying to start
Old 01-27-2007, 09:34 PM
hillbilie

Default RE: i cant get my firestorm to start HELP

ok well i finally got it to run for like a minuite, but it still died im trying to get this thing dialed in, but now it has some massive flooding problem, i guess i will lean it out some, it would help if the freekin duratrash temp gun i bought would actually work, it measures the motor at like 450 degrese and my hand at like 250
Old 01-27-2007, 09:57 PM
mike54937

Well, first of all, I would try setting the needles back to the factory settings. Then, I would throw your temp gun in the trash [X(]. Clear the carb and check your glow plug to be sure its not fouled out and its working properly. Most importantly, remember its all part of the hobby!
Old 01-28-2007, 12:16 AM
scottywilkes

the DTX temp gun is awesome, u gotto set it properly, u can just get it out of the box and use it. It works great for me, i only use it for when heat cycling my engines, and i put it against a 200 dollar heat gun for industrial use and it was only on average 4 faren away from the 200 dollar one. U are obviously runnin to rich, factories usually set it rich as all hell, do the heat cycle break in and ignore the factory break in and u will be greatly rewarded