OK ENUF OF THIS JATO BASHING

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK ENUF OF THIS JATO BASHING

I dont own a jato an i probably never will but dont talk ppl out of bying one because its "overpowered" to me that term dosnt exist also i know somone who has a jato 3.3 and she changed the tries for offroading and know when she takes a jump at the local bmx track everyone stops and watches because of how hig it can actually fly! its fast because it was built that way and i think its cool plus at the end of the day everyone asks her which car it it considering it has a diff body on it and she just tells them a jato. everyone if you want a fast car that can take jumps insainly high just get a jato.

p.s could the ppl who say my grammer is bad stop? ike comon im 13 i save that stuff for school.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Intermission

Default RE: OK ENUF OF THIS JATO BASHING

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying. Just a tip the reason you go to school is so that you can function better in the real world.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:12 PM
XXT-CRer

Ok divine, no more jato bashing.

And the thing about your grammar is funny. I had no problem decoding it. But one thing to remember is, if your grammar is really bad, folks will think you are stupid, and not really respect or believe anything you say.

And while you know you are not dumb, and I know you are not dumb, many people percieve bad grammar like this "whatever kid".

Thats really the only reason your efforts would be justified, but like i said, i could read it.

ps, there is no "e" in the word grammar.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:20 PM
monocog

i also am unaware of the purpose of this post. but i will reply in hopes of convincing myself that this post has some redeeming merit.

the traxxas jato has overwhelming power, we are all fully aware of the car's ability to accelerate. i know it's simple to demand more speed, however, we must take into account "usable speed". i have yet to see a driver manage to control the vehicle effectively on track. it bounces around almost aimlessly, anything more than 40 on a track is literally insane.

when it comes to straight-a-ways on asphalt, yes, the jato 3.3 can beat out almost any 2wd nitro stadium truck on the market. put it on the track, i would still put my money on a seasoned driver with a associated gt2 or even the new hpi firestorm.

traxxas' marketing is focused towards the beginner r/c crowd, this would explain why they are so aggressive with their campaign of displaying "top speeds" on their product line. another traxxas creation, the ez-start (the chassis hogging, fat fatty), also is a lure for the beginner crowd.

there is a slight degree of bias in my post, i was once the aggravated owner of a revo 3.3 and the current owner of an electric rustler. the minute i assembled my first team associated kit, i realized that there is a higher emphasis on quality with associated, losi, and even hpi over the traxxas line.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
standupclothing

eye dunno y evry1 iz sew worryed about grammer ... Just kidding divine [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]... I had the .18 t-maxx for my first nitro, and I currently own a firestorm. I can definitely tell the difference across brands although I did love my traxxas! Perfect car to start with and to bash with! [8D]
Old 01-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Specialzed
Banned

wow u know what? as long as you can understand what im trying to say there is no need to complainand if u ppl think that ppl will be like "oh this whatever kid" worry about yourself ok if they brush me off as some whatever kid i could care less now i know all of u are like 50 neway useable speed who said the jato was for track racing huh? who, tell me who on the site it says awsome basher asphalt and dirt no go race other cars built for racing, im trying to say somthing and noone wants to listen Fine By Me.
Old 01-28-2007, 11:37 PM
Specialzed
Banned

stand up clothing whatever that is supposed to mean, not funny.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:10 AM
standupclothing

Dude chillllll [8D] They are just saying how they feel about trying to desipher this popular form of slang heh... but I am not 50... I am 18... and I was not bashing you... No one was... ever. And yes it was funny
Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 AM
monocog

it's easier to listen to someone when they make sense. i'm sorry you are unable to express and conduct yourself in a discernable manner.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:29 AM
bte214

Ok I think we can stop discussing grammar. I don't want to have to change the thread name to Grammar Wars or something like that. Are you going to personally remove the keyboard from his computer because that is the only way you will stop it. You can say pretty much whatever you want however you want. Alright on to the Jato. The reason people "bash it" is because of the ridiculous claims and false information. The jato is not a race truck in any sort, and with comparable driving skills an AE or Losi would destroy it on the track. Yes maybe it does handle well on pavement, but my touring car handles much better. If you want to go fast with little hastle and bash then get it.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:28 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: divine_13
p.s could the ppl who say my grammer is bad stop? ike comon im 13 i save that stuff for school.
Crappy grammar makes you look stupid, and it makes everything a pain in the butt to read. that's why i didn't read the paragraph that preceded what I quoted.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 AM
froggy_newb

ORIGINAL: divine_13

wow u know what? as long as you can understand what im trying to say there is no need to complainand if u ppl think that ppl will be like "oh this whatever kid" worry about yourself ok if they brush me off as some whatever kid i could care less now i know all of u are like 50 neway useable speed who said the jato was for track racing huh? who, tell me who on the site it says awsome basher asphalt and dirt no go race other cars built for racing, im trying to say somthing and noone wants to listen Fine By Me.
yeah so if president bush gave a speech with horrible grammar, it doesn't matter because "the people will still understand." no one wants to listen to someone who can barely type right and make them look like they don't know what they're talking about.

as for the thread topic, i don't know why people want to "bash" cars. it's not even fun. at least i think so, i get too worried about my parts and having to buy new ones.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 AM
osuwins

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] you guys crack me up, stop grammmear bashing, no ones perfect at any age[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 01-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

divine_13,

You are right it doesn't say the Jato is for track racing anywhere.
Most of the guys here race so it's very important to them.

Like monocog said its aimed at the beginer's. Its great as a first R/C.

You must realise the only reason the Jato jumps so high is because of the engine powering it. It's a .20
Other trucks like the Team Associated/HPI run on a .15, and are proper racing trucks. You can however fit a .21 engine in these trucks and go just as fast and fly just as high as the Jato. The differnce is they will probably handle better as they were purpose built for racing.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:29 PM
CBM Racing

I hate car and brand bashers to. Grammar bashing is dumb to. If you can't read what he wrote then don't respond. I have some skills that others don't and I don't bash them for it. Most people that own jatos don't bash them, the ones that do had bad experiences with them or it wasn't the truck for them. I have had some pss poor experiences with losi products, but don't bash them for it. In my opinion, you need the right tool for the job. My friends and family race at a track built for racing lawnmowers with a good sticky surface and long sweepers, some tighter turns too. My jato is the only tool for the job untill something better comes along. If you can drive well, you can keep the throttle almost wide open around 3/4 of the track. I haven't seen any other st that can hang without exstensive mods., even then the jato owns most of the time. I love it because sometimes someone knew wants to race and they say jato sucks for racing, or they heard jatos don't handle well. Then when their 43mph great handleing whatever gets lapped a few times and then they gear it as high as they can and still get it handed to them the smirks and bashing stop. Then one of two things happen, either excuses and whining about 2 speeds, or they want to take it for a ride.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Kemo

ha, you saying stock jato on a track beating a racing truck?

Unless you are on a track thats huge, you are never 3/4 - WOT on a track at most times.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: Kemo

ha, you saying stock jato on a track beating a racing truck?

Unless you are on a track thats huge, you are never 3/4 - WOT on a track at most times.
the track is for racing lawnmowers, which are quite a bit larger than a 1/10 RC

that's a HP track for rc's if I've ever heard of one

of course the jato is capable of ruining all those racing trucks at one thing.. top speed
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Kemo

oh so there are absolutely no jumps thrown into the equation? LOL thats not racing.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:05 PM
sloppyG

yeah, lawnmowers really suck at jumping
Old 01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Nitro Fumes

Bashing is all its good for, not racing.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:42 PM
CBM Racing

HaHa, yeah they don't jump well, but they roll quite nicely! Again, this isn't like most tracks. wish more tracks were though. And we do throw in some jumps in the "technical" part of the track. The slow parts can still be taken at 20+mph. Anyway, if more than one guy is running, and you are trying to beat him with more laps or more speed or any other way, then it IS a race! Again, this thread is about bashing jatos, and how many here don't like it. I have been looking at these threads for a year or so and am dissappointed at the volume of bashing in the car section. Very few of the plane or helo guys are like this, they seem more interested in helping or offering encouragment instead of the "your plane sucks even though I haven't flown it" mentallity seen often here. I hope we can all be happy with what we own, and can help others when we can. I currently own a jato and an rs43evo, a mini-t, my first pan car and have owned many others. I liked all of them when they suited the job at hand and got rid of them when they didn't. I won't bash any of them.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Intermission

You're confusing "racing" with racing in a sanctioned race. Nobody is saying the JATO is slow or a POS, it's just not good for sanctioned events, mostly because the transmission and engine are not legal.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Banana Turbo
Banned

CBM Racing,

I'm not saying im a expert on the sport but i thought lawn mower racing tracks were fairly big. Larger than a 400meter running track, and with blind corners so you wouldn't be able to see where your R/C was.
I don't know thats what assumed.

I would guess most stadium trucks could hang with your Jato on that sort of course. If a new engine and moldings were fitted. Which isn't exactly difficult to fit or manufacture.

Once done Trucks like the Team Associated should beat the Jato.

Team Associated have won every ROAR National gas truck championship.

So if it did lose to a Jato the excusses wouldn't be excusses, but instead pure fact.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
CBM Racing

No, this track is fairly big, but not THAT big! A staight about 200ft with a big sweeper, into a 250ft straight with sweeper into 70ft straight... Yeah, it's fast. Again, the excuseslol, "engine swap, new moldings(?)"Kidding. We do have sanctioned racing. Run what you got and hope you got enough! All sanctioned by me! Seriously though, most rtr are not legal either, I believe. I guess the posts are getting way off topic now, can't we all agree that we're tired of ppl bashing products that we own and like?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:08 PM
RC everything

I my self fly 3d giant scale and going into jets next but i just bought a jato 3.3 and i say its one of the beter buggys/trucks out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.