Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jato- any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 PM
zach brenner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jato- any problems?

I have been wanting a jato 3.3 for a while and I'd like to know if the truck has any problems in durablility or any major problems.
and does it really go 65+. I will be bashing on-road and on dirt roads,
is it a good car, I want to know because 400 bucks is alot when your 11.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:19 PM
bobn911

Default RE: jato- any problems?

Heck, $400.00 bucks is a lot even if your 55. 65MPH? With a perfect tune and the right weather conditions and enough open area to run, Traxxas says it can be done. All I know is they rip. RPM front bumper and front a-arms should be the first things on your shopping list. Stay away from the red Traxxas turnbuckles, they won't last. Factory steel or Lunsford ones are the best choice. Have fun, Bob
Old 02-01-2007, 07:31 PM
zach brenner

how is the proformance besides speed?
i heard the stock brakes don't wook, is it true
Old 02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
bobn911

The stock brake works fine on my Jato. Just don't expect to stop on a dime. I don't think any of the brakes of R/C will do that. If your looking at a curb at 60, best bet would be to try to steer away from it. All trees and mail box posts have very strong Jato magnets inside. Later, Bob
Old 02-01-2007, 08:22 PM
KRO

The JATO 3.3 is a tough truck , I have bashed mine pretty hard and broken a couple things , but nothing major . The top plate can crack from chassis flex but this can be fixed with a brace , this is the one weak point the JATO has that I have found .

The brakes almost work too well and will lock up the rear end easily (you actually have to dial out some brake to make them not lock so it will stop without spinning)

zach , is this your first R/C ? If so you might want to look at a monster truck , not as fast as the JATO 3.3 but it will be more versatile and be able to go more places .

I am not knocking the JATO 3.3 , I have one and its a blast but my monster truck can do more .

You will also NEED to buy a set of decent off road tires and rims as the stock Anaconda tires while good for the asphalt , SUCK in the dirt !
Old 02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
zach brenner

so over all, is it worth it
Old 02-01-2007, 08:33 PM
zach brenner

It is not my first truck, I have a savage, mini-lst, rustler and micro-t(sucks alot)
I have plenty experience, but I don't want something that will break all the time.
I would buy this with my jato 3.3
pro-line boe-ties and edge tires
Old 02-01-2007, 11:53 PM
KRO

It is not my first truck, I have a savage, mini-lst, rustler and micro-t(sucks alot)
I have plenty experience, but I don't want something that will break all the time.
I would buy this with my jato 3.3
pro-line boe-ties and edge tires

Oh , then by all means get the JATO 3.3 , you have a good MT already , and the JATO will make that Rustler look .... well rusty .

ANYTHING is going to break if you land wrong or smack a solid object with enough force . I have jumped my JATO off some pretty big jumps with no damage . The only time I have broken something was from a high speed roll over on asphalt .

The Bow Ties and Edge tires are a good choice , but if your not gonna race you might want to look at something meatier , like Moabs , or Gladiators , both are made by Proline .
Old 02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
CBM Racing

Hi, yeah, in my opinion it is worth it. Only parts I break is if I hit something hard. I have had mine since they first came out with the 2.5 version and have upgraded some things when I have the cash. I think anyone with some rc experience would really enjoy having one if they aren't just racing at a regular track. It does do the advertised speed, and doesn't waste time getting there. If you have experience with break in and tuning and regular mantainence you should not have any problems. Have fun with it!