Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

firestorm or gt2 rs?????

Old 02-04-2007, 12:44 AM
car freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default firestorm or gt2 rs?????

compared to a rc10gt2rs- how does the firestorm handle? which one's lighter? how are the engines?
also, I went to my local hobby town usa the other day and talked to their rc mechanic (he's been around, knows alot) and I asked him what he thought about the firestorm, and he, being a team associated guy, said that he doesn't think too highly of hpi one reason being becase on the savage sometimes the chassis will flex and the engine will mive away from the spur gear and strip the spur gear, worst of all, they haven't fixed it. So does any body know of any flaws in the design of the firestorm or gt2 ? thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 02:53 AM
bte214

Default RE: firestorm or gt2 rs?????

The GT2 is overall a better car (the firestorm is not bad though) except the firestorm will be faster because of the larger engine.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:54 AM
CJ3B

Hello Guys!

GT2 all the way... I still have my first GT, a 10 year old truck I bought; it even has the original OS .12 CV!

I also have 2 additional GTs, but if the engine is that worries you (power and speed), you can always go .18 as I did! It is ultra-mega cool to mash the trigger, and have the truck do wheelies...

I'm seriously considering buying a GT2. It seems to be a hell of a truck. Going over the specs, it seems that it should perform better than the ones I have...

Regards,

Jorge
Old 02-04-2007, 06:04 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: bte214

The GT2 is overall a better car (the firestorm is not bad though) except the firestorm will be faster because of the larger engine.
May I ask how many Firestorms’ you have owned? Being they have not been out very long what are you basing your opinion on? I think it is going to be as good as the GT but have to wait till there are some races put on it by competent drivers.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:45 PM
Kemo

why do people think that a larger engine means more speed?
Old 02-04-2007, 09:04 PM
Intermission

ORIGINAL: Kemo

why do people think that a larger engine means more speed?
When people wonder about speed they always think top speed, but it seems like most people forget about acceleration.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 PM
bte214

IM basing my opinion on looks for the most part. That and the fact the GT wins every ROAR gas truck title and the GT2 is no exception. I'm not a fan of the gear diff at all. Acctually I like the look of the firestorm and would support it usually against other cars, but I just like to go with the ones that are proven. This would probably be my third choice behind the GT2 and the AD2.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:14 PM
xtmdude

just a question which one is more durable i would want one for bashing.