Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

hpi firestorm

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 12:00 AM
RC_THLR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hpi firestorm

i just sold my rs 4 to pick 1 up and mine is the 3rd one i have played with i heat cycled mine to break it in and it was running great after that. but now im having trouble tuning it after break in but thats because i have never had a 2 needle carb before. that and driving it into my foot tonight and breaking the spindle sucked looks like i need to go to the lhs and get a new one ,and try tuning again.
Old 07-03-2007, 06:41 AM
MLCJracer

where can u get a 2 speed from?
Old 07-06-2007, 08:30 AM
bean-a-reano

You have to custom fabricate it. Nobody makes one yet.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:28 AM
midnightrun15

I bought my firestorm RTR three days ago and i am really disappointed with everything, the company and the truck. when i took it out to break in the engine it wouldnt start. once i got it running anytime i hit the break it would stall and driving across the yard the the frone hinge pin connecting the A-arm to the hub fell because the screw that was suppose to hold it in was never installed at the factory. after engineering a new pin and puting the carb back toether because it fell out, it finally ran enough to run 2 tanks of fuel through it before the 50 tooth spur gear got stripped out. now im waiting for hpi to mail me new parts for it because "that's all they can do".
Old 08-13-2007, 08:06 PM
hpiboy92

i have the firestorm and i dont know anything about them and i wanted to know which engines i could upgrade to please email me links at [email protected] i appreaciate it
Old 08-13-2007, 08:11 PM
hpiboy92

also when i first got mine it was very simple break in simple instructions just make sure everything is tight
the only thing is buy extra spur gear mine burned out in a day it cant go thru grass at all but it is a well manufactured car and worth the $300 i spent on it i cant
wait till i upgrade my pipe and engine
Old 08-15-2007, 02:26 PM
hpi firestorm

check my add i have an hpi firestorm rtr 200$ comes with glow igniter and fuel bottle
Old 08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
jingrenjames

ORIGINAL: Haziza

Can't get my Firestorm to start, seems like it dosen't gets enough fuel or something []

I have the same problem, and even if I get the Firestorm to start, it stalls in 15 sec if i dont press the trigger. I've checked my glow plug and igniter and they all work good?any suggestions? (think i messed around with the idle speed needle and dont know how to return it to orginall) Thx!
Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
firestormanation

I really like my firestorm but the only thing i don't like is the pull start so i just ordered the roto start back plate. The truck is mega durable.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:45 AM
buggymangp

i guess i got about a gallon thur my firestorm.
no problems to date. i haven`t ran it in like 4 months.
my hpi baja is taking all my play time.
last week i went to start it after sitting all that time
and it fired right up and ran great.
i did do a bunch of upgrades right off the bat.
verom hump battery
645 steering and 625 t&B servo.
verom fail save
dx 3.0 radio and rx.
new back tires.
switch with charge jack.
shock springs and oil.
roto starter.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:13 PM
danielct

Hi all

Got my Firestorm about two Month's ago "yeah sorry South Africa a bit behind". Ran about 2L thru so far and no trouble yet. Will post some pics soon.

Anybody know if I could use the Savage Hemi Cuda Body on my Firestorm 10T. I really like that one. I am sure with some modding it would fit. If anybody got one with a body like that on please post a pic.[&:]
Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM
maty b

hehe. Hello everyone!
I got my firestorm about 4 days ago and have run it a few times. I love it!! No problems to date, aprt from my glow start lasts about 1 hour use before running outa charge. . I was just wondering how big jumps it can handle, cause i wanna start doing some jumps and stuff with it, but didn't know how big i could go. Also, how do u clean the air filter and what is the black foam thing covering it? one more thing, does it matter if it gets really dirty? thanx!! (p.s firestorms rule as a first truck!!)
cheers
Old 09-21-2007, 01:35 PM
maty b

um.... anyone? also guys, the vids are cool!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 07:25 PM
keepontruckin

umm Matty B did u break tour motor in cause from the way it sounds you didnt but,

they can handle very big jumps, and along with that very big crashes i beat the hell (like 10ft+air, at full throttle) out of mine almost everyday, i usually stick to pavement to grass, or dirt, cause pavement is not forgiving at all,

for example land upsidedown in grass and you say whoops, you land upsidedown on the pavement and you say, oh S*** what did i break.

i also hit a tree at like 3/4 throttle and the truck just bounced off and kept going, try that with a MT and you have to replace the whole front unless...
[link=http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/6403/img1659hy0.jpg]T-Maxx tree-flip1[/link]

[link=http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/2751/img1658ok6.jpg]T-Maxx tree-flip2[/link]

and the black thing over the air filter is your first stage of filtration so your 2nd stage doesnt get horibly dirty
Old 09-22-2007, 04:04 AM
maty b

Hehe! why did you ram it into a tree??
ok cool. i did break the enigne in by the way, i did what it said in the manuel to break it in. so, its very tough, ausome . you know it says that you have to clean the air filter with fuel and then air filter oil, what happens if you dont put the oil on afterwoods? cause my air filter uis prettys dirty but i dont have any oil.
cheers
Old 09-29-2007, 08:52 AM
existenz

the oil is supposed to catch dirt that gets sucked in the carb, if you dont have the filter oil or dont plan to buy one use wd40 instead it does the trick. just bg sure to take out the filter first before spraying it. or it will force dirt into the engine and damage everything.

now i have a question. does HPI plan to publish or put out a manual t otake everything appart? i dont see any instructions oh how to clean the diffs. (i know you dont have to clean it evrytime but it does need maintainance. also i heard some of the kits only had a dab of greese on it. not very nice if its even supposed to be flooded in differential oil. (they used greese instead of oil i belive.)
Old 10-02-2007, 03:00 PM
maty b

i have just stripped the spur gear on my firestorm and dont know what to do. I am gonna order a new cog, but how do i [ut it on again right, cause in the manuel it goes on about how tight i make it. can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:28 AM
JerB

I was looking at one of these, do I need to purchase a glow igniter seperate? or does it come with one

Thanks

Jeremy
Old 10-06-2007, 01:37 PM
danielct

Hi All

Just finnished my Firestorms new body. HPI Mustang GT-R Body. Please I would appreciate any feed back on the look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64097.gif
Views:	18
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	777489  
Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
mr.wallace

Hey everyone,
I just bought a Firestorm 10T Brand New. I followed all the steps for setup and the engine started right away. I started to break in the engine and after the third tank I had to leave it alone for about an hour while I was busy with some other things. I went back out and tried to start it again and the engine just wouldn't turn over. I tried for about a half an hour and I finally quit because the engine started to make a strange sound after I had been trying for so long (like a clicking/ringing) and the pull start felt different than it had before. I tried to trouble shoot it myself, but this is my first nitro car and I don't want to mess it up. Please help me if you can, I'm going to charge my glow igniter and give it another shot tomorrow. I have no idea what the problem could be.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:23 PM
danielct

Hi

Don't pull on the starter any more. Pulling on it may cuase more damage. First remove the Pull starter as there is where the problem is more then likely. If not then you will have to remove the back plate to see what is going on inside. I had some promblems with my Firestorms pull start as well. Let us know what the problem really was or if you get stuck and need more help.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:43 PM
mr.wallace

This is probably a bad question, but what is the backplate?
Old 10-10-2007, 01:30 PM
danielct

The back plate is what comes off after the pull start comes off. You can the see what is going on in side the engine. If you need some more help you more then welcome to mail me at: [email protected] It's a lot easier for me to answer any questions you might have.

good luck.

Back plate is part number 15148 on page 28 of the manual.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:23 PM
SioXiE

wats up guys? been reading most Firestorm threads lately and im interested in purchasing one. already got a Savage X as a basher and on-road racer and im trying to get into the stadium truck bandwagon for racing. did any of you guys upgrade both your radios and servos? pls post any mods you have to make a Firestorm a race breed ST. [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 AM
maty b

hello
have just stripped the spur gear on my firestorm and dont know what to do. I am gonna order a new cog, but how do i put it on again properly, because in the manuel it goes on about how tight you have to make it. Also when you order a new one, does it come with the yellow ring around the egde or do you have to buy a new one of them aswel? or can you take it off the old one?

can anyone shed some light on this?

thanx alot casue unitl i know i cant play wih my firestorm!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.