Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cheap stadium truck

Hi I am looking for a RTR Stadium truck for my nephew. Hes 12. Will stadium Trucks go in the grass? I am sorta on a budget which means I need it under 250 dollars. Im only buying new. thanks I also heard the TowerHobbies ST-15 stadium truck was good...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Cheap stadium truck

I have a st-15 if you buy one buy and extra set of tires when you order. The ones that come on it will not be any good after break in. To get the tires off the rims just boil them in water. The truck runs alright but the fuel tank primer dose not work on most of them. I had a little trouble getting mine to run at first, the instructions i dont think are that great if you have never run a nitro before. I have crashed mine a little and made some parts fall off. The majority of the time you just have to screw it back together with no real breakage. Just if you are too rough parts do break i think jumping my truck has something to do with my recent parts breaking. I dont think the truck is that hard to work on it comes with skimatics for easy repair. There is alot of upgrades but any parts you order are a week away. All in all it is an alright truck.
    Florida Gods Waiting RoomCheck Gallery for Pictures
    Jato 3.3 |Cen Nemesis (broken...) |Lunchbox |ST-15 |Mario Kart DK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you can get an evader thats alot better than the st 15 imo for around 240 or cheaper. bigger engine and better durabillity.
    Lots of holes in the desert. Lots a problems buried in those holes. Monster Gt 4.6: with brushless setup soon to come.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would get the XTM X-Cellerator its fast 50 + mph and its cheap, some places have it for $200 RTR and its got a much more capable suspension then the st-15.
    92% of teens have switched to rap music if you are part of the other 8% put this in your sig.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would go with a HPI firestorm they are very durable I have one and its a blast you can get them here for 235 shipped its a great first rc truck.
    http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=HPI10510!1007&csurl=%2Fistar%2Easp%3Fa%3D29%26search%3Dfirestorm *%26view%3Dfirestorm%26submit%2Ex%3D8%26submit%2Ey %3D8%26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how bout hot bodies http://www.ultimatehobbies.com/istar.asp?a=6&id=HBS66501!1007&csurl=%2Fistar%2Easp%3Fa%3D28%26

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got my brother into nitro with a traxxas nitro sport. It's $267 at tower and with the coupon code 010C9 you get $15 off thru april 30. That price is the ultimate combo which comes with everything except the gas. You can choose the "easy pay" option and pay for it in installments (3 payments, absolutely no interrest, no credit check either). The nice thing about it is that it has an electric starter....a good thing for beginners. It has worked out very well for him. Traxxas parts are cheap too. It is pretty durable IMO. It is also easy to work on so he's able to do any repair by himself with little effort.....after hitting that occasional tree . I started out in nitro with a traxxas nitro hawk back in 1994 and it was a great starter vehicle. I wouldn't go for the highest speed vehicle for a 12 year old who is new to the hobby. Don't get me wrong, the nitro sport is pretty fast....way more than enough for a beginner.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just got an XTM X-Cellerator from Tower Hobbies for $188.99 shipped after their $20 off sale code of 010RR

It includes radio and truck and almost every thing you need excepet batterys, fuel, glow ignitor.

[link]http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJSU2&P=ML[/link]
    HPI Savage X 4.6 RTR w/ XL TVP, TRX Mini E-Revo, TRX Slash, HPI Wheelking rock crawler,Tam Frog,Tam Clodbuster w/Clodzilla II

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rc10gt 1 or 2..they both are great and both cost 276-290
    Hpi nitro MT2 with O.S 18 cv-r
    traxxas revo 3.3 mo money means mo dough to blow

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i second teh RC10GT2. the RTR comes with everything but fuel. I have to say teh radio is quite nice (but not as nice as my nomadio) but the glow ignitor leaves something to be desired. I found that teh Du-Bro Kwik Start mini is a nice one, it fits in your pocket with ease and is rechargable. You should be able to find a good deal on a GT2, you may pay a little more, but the performance is outstanding. If you look at the race stats, its always teh GT2 in the top, so if he wants to race, he will have a rig thats ready to win, unlike the traxxas model which is showing its age.
    08 Team Losi 8ight-T truggy
    07 Team Associated RC10GT2
    Nomadio React radio

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Stay away from the ST-15. I got one last week and it still won't start. I think it must have been sitting in tower's warehouse for quite a few years becaus the tires have flat spots. Also, the tires are pretty bad. You can tell that the quality is subpar. Mine was the prebuilt version which I got for $140 minus towers $20off coupon.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

go with nitro stans recomendation the hot bodies lightning is a great buy. my buddy just got one and we are going to the track to see hopw it does there then off to the hobby store.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Im gonna go with the XTM Nitro X-Cellerator. My lhs has about all the parts that usually break. The guy at the shop said that was the cheapest RTR truck you could get. I testdrove it and loved it. Its kinda hard to get money when your 13 years old.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

no save like $15 more ($265 give or take) and get the rc10gt2 it is an amazing car that is what im getting and what i hear it is pretty hard to beat for the price

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'd say go the RC10 GT-2 it's an awsome car for the price.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1)rc10gt2
    2)rc10gt
    3)Firestorm
    4)XtM Xcellerator

Those will be your best choices, in that order...

Notice the st-15 isn't on there, don't get it.... why? no parts avaibility, quality is not very good compared to the others, and you will have a lot of problems with it and it'll be very frustrating, you'll spend time trying to get it to run instead of running w/ a better car.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hpi firestorm...it just came out and youll be able to get all the parts u need.. u can get it at ultimatehobbies for 235

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I looked at the Firestorm. My hobby shop sells them for 270 and they don't carry the parts nor have them in stock. O__O I have to special order one. I think I am still going with the XTM X-Cellerator
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I looked at the Firestorm. My hobby shop sells them for 270 and they don't carry the parts nor have them in stock. O__O I have to special order one. I think I am still going with the XTM X-Cellerator
    Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

get the car that your lhs carries parts for

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you need help with your x-cell just come to the official x-cell forum and we'll help you out. I love mine and jump it like crazy and it just wants more. But make sure your LHS carries parts for the truck. With ANY truck you get you WILL need parts and it is handy to be close.