Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HPI firestorm good for bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Praetor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI firestorm good for bashing?

heya all - i was wondering how durable the new firestorm is. i know its fast and powerful, but those 2 things mean nothing to me if the truck is gonna fall apart when it lands a big jump. ive never run a nitro before but i want to upgrade from the electrics because their just not fast enough lol. i had a first gen rustler and i now have an emaxx and a new stampede. i guess its also relevant to ask if the firestorm is good for nitro noobs lol. ill be running it in a massive sand and gravel company quarry, so lots of sand and jumps

thanks

also - can someone give me a list of exactly what i need to maintain it (oils and such) and what to get exactly. i know i need:
-a fuel bottle
-a glow starter
-a 5 cell reciever pack (ok not need but want)
-GLOW PLUGS (which best for break in? and normal running?)
-oils (do i need air filter oil? what about after-run?)

am i missing anything? i also dont know anymore how to break in an engine in a car so if anyone has a good reliable guide to it, please tell

one last thing - does the AM radio suck? cuz i have the traxxas TQ from my stampede or the TQ3 from my emaxx i can drop in and im pretty sure their both FM.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:10 PM
rclynx

Default RE: HPI firestorm good for bashing?

Is water good for a DUCK [&:] heck yea stormy is a good basheer but as for the list I'm to picky according to the area. I might change things from one pit to the next[:-]
Old 05-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Oscardms

The only thing that sucks about the firestorm at the moment is that it's hard as hell to get parts for it when it breaks. I've been waiting for over a month for my front bulkhead from Tower.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:34 PM
companykid91

yeah me too
Old 05-29-2007, 06:39 AM
sapper ion

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5074112/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]Firestorm Thread[/link]

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5897103/anchors_5898311/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#5898311]List of things you will need[/link] If you scroll down in this thread, I have neatly listed out and hyperlinked everything you will need.

Those two links will help you answer all of your questions
Old 05-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Praetor

allright thanks all, much appreciated. sapper ion, sorry for the redundant thread, should have seen yours. thx again