Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

jut picked up a rc10gt2, have a few questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

jut picked up a rc10gt2, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:31 PM
docmcgee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jut picked up a rc10gt2, have a few questions

hey there fellas,

i just picked up my first nitro rc car yesterday, an ae rc10gt2 (the rtr setup). i got the engine broken in (what a tedious process!) and have started the process of getting it tuned.

i think i have gotten the high speed needle set, as the car seems to run pretty well at the top end. the low speed needle, however, is giving me a little more troubles. on acceleration, the car feels like it bogs a bit. i continued to lean out the low speed needle, but got to a point where the car wouldnt start. any tips as far as tuning the ae .15?

i also heard that there is a restrictor in the carb that frees up quite a bit of power when removed. does anyone have any pictures of this process?

last but not least, what are some hop up parts that i should be looking at? i know there are aluminum shock towers and a arms. are these worth it?

thanks in advance for the help, i am really enjoying my first foray into nirto so far.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
JoesGT2

Default RE: jut picked up a rc10gt2, have a few questions

it is supposed to bog when you first punch it. and there should be a puff of smoke then a steady stream. it prob stopped starting because its too lean ( too much air n not enough fuel ) remember the only oil inthe motor comes from the fuel so when u run lean it gets hot fast. we all want instant throttle response but it will damage the motor. for the stock needle settings you can go to rc10.com to get the factory settings
Old 09-05-2012, 09:53 PM
JoesGT2

Default RE: jut picked up a rc10gt2, have a few questions

as far as gop ups go, start with a pipe n manifold. i would stay away from alum parts cus if you bend them the car will handle crappy n u might not even see the bend. better to break a $5 control arm then bend a $20 one n cause more probs. the carb restrictor just pulls out. i would leave it though n just get a better high flow air filter. when tunning remember its a small motor. make adjustments at 1/8 turn at a time n watch temp carefully either with a temp gun or a "Venom fail safe system" best $50 i ever spent