Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

HOLY $#!%

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:24 PM
revoskid32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOLY $#!%

Okay I'm a HUGE monster truck fan(hence the name)but a friend of mine like me drive hes RC10GT plus and all i can say is...WOW! its so much different driving 2WD. I'm even thinking of getting a GT2 now. Well i mean thats thing is INDESTRUCTIBLE. it was 8 hours ago and i'm still in shock . Anyway, does anyone have experience with the GT2? Or pictures?
Old 10-14-2007, 07:39 PM
hobbyenthusiast

Default RE: HOLY $#!%

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4248876/tm.htm]GT2 thread[/link]
Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM
revoskid32

Oh... Um.... This is a little awkward... Okay then
Old 10-14-2007, 08:00 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who wants to really read 60 pages to find out a few things about the truck? I mean the first few pages probably are before the truck even comes out.

I am also interested in possibly getting this truck and would like to hear how the truck is as a basher, stock racer, and to work on. But I don't have the time or energy to read 60 pages of threads.

So for the sake of revoskid32 and myself, could some of the rc10gt2 owners please give us a quick thought of the truck?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:41 PM
twomanytoys

And why would the rc10gt owners want to waste thier time again to explain to someone thats too lazy to read?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:00 PM
kxbeastrider

ORIGINAL: twomanytoys

And why would the rc10gt owners want to waste thier time again to explain to someone thats too lazy to read?
+1...

But for those wanting to know. Its a darn good truck. I love it.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM
nothinbetr2do

+2 take some time and do some research
Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
jatoracing33

+3 plz plz plz dont post one of them noob threads...just a waste of space
Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
iamnot

+4

lazy, lazy, lazy

yet, sadly, there's usually sombody that cannot resist answering their question
must make them feel important
sad really
Old 10-15-2007, 04:53 PM
zud00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, I read the first 8 pages of the fricken' official thread and it was all before the flippin' truck was even released. tried to fast forward a couple of pages and all you get is these freaking random conversations between two people that have nothing to do with how well the truck performs.

so, that is why i asked and i'm sure revoskid32 and others wouldn't mind knowing.

Essentially, the whole point in asking a question is to get a straight forward response rather than search and find what you aren't looking for.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:30 PM
jatoracing33

why dont you ask for opinions inside the gt2 forum. as long as you dont start a whole new freakin thread then its ok. im sure they will be happy to give you some info and opinions
Old 10-15-2007, 06:20 PM
revoskid32

^^^thanks for help guys, really,its not so much me not wanting to read it, as to read the entire thread and find 2-6 post a little help really i don' t want to make a thread all about people ranting about how there another thread about a gt2...also,about asking the questions in the thread i would rather have a thread i can check instead of rapidly trying to find my last post and reading the new ones
Old 10-15-2007, 08:40 PM
car freak

I got a gt2 with my dad and it was so fun that we got another one and we race them every weekend at the local rc track I would definetly reccomend this car, I have bashed mine a bit and it has held up VERY well although the hpi firestorm is another good bet if your more of a hard core lead foot basher instead of a hardcore racer [8D]
Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Oliver_Klozov

I have nothing but good things to say about the rc10gt well maybe some weak areas but they can all be upgraded.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 AM
McFly505

I was in the exact same boat.

My kids and I have 5 MT's between us and I wanted to do something a little different.

Enter the GT2. I have an absolute BLAST with mine.
I bought the RTR version first. After 3 weeks at the track, I managed to break a shock tower. $4.
If I would have given one of my MT's that same beating, it would have cost me at least $100 to replace the parts I would have broken.
(Don't ask me how I know this. )

Now my son has decided that he wants one too. So I bought me a FT GT2 w/ an OS 12 TZ and gave him my RTR GT2.
I can hardly wait to get it on the track. The OS engine seems to have some major power to it.
The stock AE .15 that comes in the RTR GT2 is a stout piece for that matter.
It has more power than I could handle as a first time 2WD driver.
I managed to work my way up to around 10-11 laps without crashing or nosing into the wall with a little practice.

As far as bashin goes, I drive my RTR GT2 around the house, jumped it quite a bit and didn't break anything.
I did manage to wear out the stock rear tires doing powerslides in the street.....

Get one. You won't be sorry.
These trucks are a blast to drive.

HTH,

Scott
Old 10-16-2007, 12:36 AM
catbutt

If you skip ahead a dozen or so pages you can generally hit upon the "meat" of a thread and skip the "coming out soon" section. Besides, there is plenty of good info contained in nearly every "official (your car here) thread and they are well worth reading in their entirety. Within 20 or so pages you will find invaluable mods and items that need hopping up and such, which will help you get most every part you need to ensure you have a reliable car ahead of time instead of waiting until after it breaks. But if you are too busy or lazy to read, you will find these things out the hard way and end up waiting for parts instead of doing what you would like to be doing- running your car. You think you have it bad with only 60 pages to read through?! Boo freakin hoo. I just finished a 2 month reading of the 799 pages of the MT2 thread- that's right, SEVEN HUNDRED NINETY-NINE! It was well worth the read and I'm glad I spent the time to do it. So go home and cry to your momma, no one wants to hear it here.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Catbutts right about the reading but he's also a doI_Ichebag for being a d0I_Ichbag with his post about crying to your momma. All the other posts from guys telling you to go do this or that. Well none of them own an rc10gt or gt2 they all own jato's and hate rc10gt's b/c they bought jatos. They like to bash people on here so don't take it personal. I'll make sure ever time they post some dumbass question that i tell them to go read the engine forums or the thread about there car and don't bother us with there stupid questions. I understand you want to buy one soon and reading a 799 page thread over 2 months isn't how long you wanted to wait to buy your new car. All of these cars are in the same class for cash. What i mean is you get what you pay for and you can always upgrade. I have found many people to be very helpfull in here and someone is always willing to answer any question. No matter how stupid the question is about there jatos......
Old 10-16-2007, 01:58 PM
muti369

just google rc10gt2 reviews
Old 10-16-2007, 02:53 PM
Pedsaktix

You asked for pic?

It's been a while since I took this badboy out though...

Old 10-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Oliver_Klozov

Nice car man..... very nice